My store _ lacking conversion

Thegrind
2 0 1

hi,

I am receiving lots of visitors to my store however nobody is adding to cart.

I wonder if you could have a look and let me know how to improve?

Thabks

0 Likes

Hey @Thegrind,

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).

If you share your store link I can take a look.

Dropshipping with no sales? Learn how to find WINNING products!
0 Likes
Thegrind
2 0 1

I know I'm getting the right demographics....as it has all been tracked through social

My link is the-grind.uk 

Thanks

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

Hey there, @Thegrind!  

Let’s start at the beginning. It’s great that you’re getting a lot of traffic to your store, and it’s very frustrating when no one engages. However, while you may think you’re drawing the right audience, in truth you may not. Unless you use visitor behavior, you may miss a lot of that insight. 

Before we start, there are some easy fixes:

• Announcement bar: Link it to your product page.
  • Favicon: Add one.
  •  Add in your important pages, such as Shipping Policy, Refund Policy, Privacy Policy, Terms & Conditions, and About Us. 
  • Currency conversions: If you’re attracting an international audience, they need to be able to see pricing in their local currency. 

Want to know if you’re really targeting the right demographic? Try this:

• Filter your heatmap by source or UTM parameters (recommended). Heatmaps show you where people click and scroll, so you’ll be able to see if people from one campaign engage differently than someone from another campaign.
  • Filter your session recordings/replays by source or UTM parameters. Session recordings show you each visitor’s session, including how they moved around your store and looked at your products. You want to see what they do on your store. If you see people go to the landing page and immediately click away, there’s an issue with:
    • Your ads not representing your product well enough
    • Your audience not being interesting in purchasing your product
    • Your product page/landing page not giving the details your visitors need to make the decision to add it to their cart

For now, we’ll look at your website starting with your homepage: 

• I like your hero image and CTA. However, I would use a different phrase here. “Unique, Ethical, Special” doesn’t sell coffee to me. There has to be something else you can put here. 
  • I would remove the “Where it begins” feature. It’s a nice image and text, but it’s not going to help people buy it. If you’re curious what is driving someone to buy, run a poll asking for what they look for in coffee. You may find that price is the driving force. 
  • I like the “Our Coffees” feature. I would move that up under or replace your “Our Coffees” and “Single Origin” collections. 
  • Overall, your page is really long. The images are beautiful, but that doesn’t mean it’s helpful to the buying decision. Look at a scroll heatmap to see how far people scroll and then at a click heatmap to see where they are clicking. Again, you can filter by device type and source/UTM parameters (for example) to dive into your specific campaign and audiences. 
  • I would remove the option to buy from the homepage. This generally has a low conversion rate. 

Footer

• In addition to the missing pages, make sure your contact information is here and linked correctly.
  • For your newsletter, Add in more value. Replace this default text with an attractive offer (i.e., free shipping or a 25% discount) and what they will get by joining your caffeinated community (i.e., roasting secrets, tales from other coffee lovers, etc.)
  • Move the contact page to the footer. Remove the phone number field (has a high abandonment rate) and add in a nice welcome message with your linked email address.

Main Navigation

• I really like the simplicity of your main navigation. I have no complaints. 
  • Use session recordings to see how people are moving around. Are they clicking on some collections more than others? 
  • FYI - your Equipment page links to your Brewing page. I expected to see equipment I could buy, so I was pretty disappointed. 
  • Suggestion: I would add a beginner’s guide for people who don’t know what roast is best for them. 

Collection Page

• Remove the image and the text. People really don’t care if you have a “massive passion for blending coffee beans.” That’s awesome for an About Us page but not necessary for a collection page. 
  • As you grow your products, you may want to include filters for blends, roasts, etc. 

Brewing Page

• Wrap the text around the images rather than use a line break. It’ll make it easier to read.
  • Utilize headers for people who scan rather than read. I would use “Brewing 101” and “Perfect water temperature.” 
  • Expand on the details. You’re on the right track, but you need to go further. People who want to learn how to brew want to know HOW to brew rather than to be told to use scales and that there’s precision involved. They already knew that. They’re coming to you for advice and guidance. 

Product Page

• I would use a more standard layout with a smaller product image on the left with the ordering details on the right. For people not willing to scroll to buy, it can increase those sales.
  • Add in reviews! People want to know how other people like it. 
  • I found a link to your shipping page! That’s great, except it’s missing everything. Don’t leave these details to the checkout. I would suggest offering free or discounted shipping to encourage those sales. As you get more sales, you can re-evaluate your shipping policies.
    LuckyDanny_0-1612305860069.png

General Ideas

• Create a “Barista’s favorite” collection that highlights one or two of your products and equipment. Think of it like a collection for people who want to get started with everything today.
  • Utilize videos in an FAQ to help people understand the roasting process and brew better coffee. 
  • Offer chat! Instead of chat, use “Ask an Expert” for people who aren’t sure about which product they should buy or what they need. Chat lets you keep them on the site while you answer their questions. 

Keep up the great work, and use visitor behavior to drive those next changes and improvements. Understand who your audience is to better target your ads, but use that information to find ways to make your store better than ever. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2384 140 430

Hello @Thegrind, I hope you are doing good! Every eCommerce seller faces this sooner or later. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- Add a call to action button here as shown in the screenshot.

Screenshot - 2021-02-04T161107.707.png

- On the home page, remove the images that are displayed after the 'where it begins' and before 'the Chemex approach'.

- Add image here as shown in the screenshot.

Screenshot - 2021-02-04T162153.663.png

- Add footer menu. It includes quick links.

- The equipment option is not clickable in the left navigation bar.

- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. Add reviews to build trust with other visitors. Add an attractive customized popup with a discount code to entice them to make a purchase. You can add a web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes