NEED SOME STORE FEEDBACK!!

Solved
Tourist
15 0 0

Hey guys, I  am launching my store tomorrow at noon and I would love to get some feedback and opinions from some outside unbiased eyes. If you have some time just check it out and let me know what you think. I am opened to all criticism. Thanks in advance for your time :)       Jupitersonestopshop.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 1

Hey bud!

I would say :

In the top menu (header) add :

Your Collections/Catalog + FAQ + Contact Us + About Us

In the botton menu : Your Collections/Catalog + The differents Policies + FAQ + About/Contact Us

Everything looks pretty empty but the website looks good, just too empty for me.

Btw, if you can review mine i would appreciate : www.apexlegensau.myshopify.com

Cheers

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
398 73 144

Hey, there!

Jason here from Shopify Support. Thanks again for the shout out. Truly appreciate it!

I love your store's color scheme. It's edgy and modern which speaks about your brand really well. It makes a strong impression. Since you're going to launch very soon, here's The Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist. Even though when I took a tour around your store, I was fairly certain you've done your own checking, but it's never a bad idea to be over-prepared for the big event. By going over this list, it'll ensure your launch as smooth as possible.

1. Since the color scheme you chose is so edgy and cool, is there a specific reason behind the use of Serif fonts in your store? Font choices, similar to the use of colors can evoke different vibes and emotions. Serif fonts also have another special property that it's easier to read in print. This explains why back in the days when printing was in mass, Serif fonts were more popular. Fast forward to the modern days where computers are more prevalent, Sans Serif fonts have better readability. Also, because of its association with computers, it's also known for being more modern and edgy. To make the store more coherent, I recommend you to switch the fonts into the Sans Serif ones along with a bigger size. For more references, here's a great article on Fonts & Feelings: Does Typography Connote Emotions?
  2. Another thing I've noticed while digging through your product pages is that the product descriptions are direct imports from the vendors, so are your product titles. Not to say that these aren't good enough for an online store. Though, I do challenge you to update them and make them more uniform. Remember you're running a business and trying to convert the visitors into actual customers. You're running it virtually, meaning you won't be present to introduce the products to the shoppers. The product page essentially is one of the key touch points where the visitors determine if they will shop or not. To help them convert, it's best for us to up the ante and creates something unique and interesting. Another bonus point is that you're forced to go through your products and make sure their layouts are coherent and consistent. Here are some of the examples that need to be updated:
    04_31-bvy2q-6tfgr
    04_33-69azk-y61by
    04_35-n9vtu-bpr8r
    Same as the product titles, it's best to update the names as in how you'd see the products. Shorten them because some of the details are included in the product descriptions already. As this is a large project taking into account how many products you have in the store, I suggest you take your time and break the task into smaller pieces. Tackle perhaps 5-10 products daily. Another tip is while you're going through the products if you can't come up with good descriptions, then perhaps it's a good idea to remove them from the store. A more curated store can go a long way as well. It's something for you to think about.
  3. Instead of using a third-party app to help you with the store support, I encourage you to go with the traditional route and create a Contact Us page. Because we don't know who exactly is your shopper. If they aren't familiar with the store layout and miss the little icon on the bottom right corner, you may miss a sale out of no reason. To avoid this from happening, simply create an obvious Contact Us page. Here's how to add a contact page to your store.
  4. I love the idea that you put the best sellers on the top. I can see where this concept came from. A thing to note here is that for each collection page, you're showing the Sort by Bestselling.
    04_50-c71pl-gkovq
    This section can be removed as it's a piece of redundant information. To remove this section, go to Shopify admin > Online Store > Themes > Customize. In the theme editor, click on Collection pages on the top and then the Collection pages again on the left-hand side.
    04_56-i2uwb-qza8z
    Then uncheck the Enable collection sorting.
    04_59-8sab8-ftebb
    Don't forget to click on Save at the top right corner once you're done.
  5. After reading through some of your posts, I know you have the ability to do some code editing following the instructions. I encourage you to make all the external links in your store open in a new tab. This can prevent the visitors from leaving your store while checking out your social media links. The longer they stay in your store without having to go back and forth, the higher the chance we can convert them.

These are the main points I have for you. Some of them are larger than the other but don't get detour by it. I see great potential in your store.

Now on to something that's going to come right at you soon. Have you thought about which digital marketing strategy you going to focus on first? Feel free to share with me! I'd be happy to offer you useful resources to help you grow your business.

As always, if you need anything or have any questions, feel free to reply in the thread or simply give me a shout. I'd love to help out! Don't forget to quickly skim through the checklist I mentioned at the beginning of this post. Keep me posted on how the launch goes!

All the best,
Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

2 Likes
Shopify Partner
248 9 51

First impression.... nice visuals.... seems to imply you're some kind of 7-11 convenience store but online? 

But I scroll down and you're starting to tell me about pets, cosmetics, phones... all kinds of stuff.

Really kind of confused about your lack of focus and clear expertise on a given type of product.

0 Likes
Tourist
15 0 0

@jason180 is right here a good place ? I just launched my store today and would love for you to give me some feedback on what i should tweak or fix? Thanks Again 

0 Likes
Tourist
15 0 0

@JasonC Hey Jason I was wondering if i could get your opinion and feedback on my page? I just launched today and i would love to hear some unbiased opinion. Hopefully you can help. Thanks so much.

0 Likes
Tourist
15 0 0

Harsh. But in your opinion how should i go about it with the products that i have then? since you say it lacks focus. I could move it around, its only day 1. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
398 73 144

Hi, @ajmp45!

Congratulations on the launch! Kudos on making some adjustments! Again, just like I've mentioned in the other post, it's a continuous journey because your business will evolve with time, so will the designs and contents.

Great question. Whether if a general store or a niche store is more likely to succeed in the dropshipping model has been a long debate. If you look through various stores, there're huge successes in both models.

Here're a few points that can explain this a little better:

1. Remember in my previous post, I recommend you to go through your products and rename them while working on the product descriptions? The reason behind this is that if you import products in bulk without any editing, it's less likely for your customers to convert. The visitors will notice that there's an inconsistency between products and not trusting what they're seeing. This is a side effect of a general store. You're trying to include everyone but in the end, the sheer amount of work (if you really go through with the editing) will be huge. If you don't go through the editing work, then you need to be a strong digital marketer with a solid budget. When you have a solid budget, you can tweak and play around with the paid campaigns and eventually hit some sweet spots.
  2. With a general store concept, the shoppers you attract are most likely the bargain hunters. It's harder for you to develop loyal relationships with them unless you constantly out beat the prices available with your competitors.
    For most of the marketing books or tutorials you've gone through, it's common to hear people mention the term "niche group" or "target audience". It's a theory that dated back to traditional marketing. The goal is to identify who your shoppers will be and provide them with the products and services. Because it's virtually impossible to please everyone, understanding who you're trying to sell to will help you create a loyal clientele.
  3. From the critics, I understand where they came from. At the same time, I also understand what you wanted to achieve. Because your collections are all quite unique on their own, it's hard to determine if you have a specific group of customers you want to attract. When you start to spend money on the paid campaigns, it's harder for you to focus on a demographic and, consequently, it may be harder for you to get the sales. The people who come through can be quite random. They most likely get attracted by the price points and the product images. Once they come to your store, if the product pages are hard to read or inconsistent, they may decide not to buy altogether.
    When you're just starting out, it's easier to focus on who you want to sell to. Gather the products they most likely would be interested in and then edit them so they're consistent with strong readability. This will help you reduce the budget spent on paid campaigns and help you increase the conversions.

Keep in mind that this is your store. You're the owner and can adjust it until you find what works for you the best. If you're strong with digital marketing, a general store can certainly thrive. If you aren't as strong and with a smaller marketing budget to start with, try to edit your products and decide whom you want to attract. It'll help you grow your business more effortlessly and eventually it can grow into a general store.

Feel free to reach out at any time. I'm here rooting for you!

Best,
Jason

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Tourist
15 0 0

Hey Jason thanks so much for the feedback. I ended up having a great launch and a lot of people liked the site. All the things you pointed out made a lot of sense and I already started fixing the product titles and descriptions. I also went on to fix the fonts and it really made a dramatic difference on the readability and overall flow of the site. So again, thank you for that. The only thing that I'm finding a bit difficult is getting the external links to open up in another tab, I tried adding that code in and it didn't work for my theme. If there is any other pointers you have or any ideas you think i should implement into my page I'd love to hear it. 

Also in regards to marketing I currently have an Instagram page and a Facebook page that I plan on consistently running ads on. I have 2 ads up on instagram running and 2 on facebook and I am also looking to start some google ads as well. Im just trying to see what the numbers look like now and go from there. Do you have any advice or suggestions in regards to the marketing aspect? I feel like the big task was getting the site done now its all fine tuning and most importantly marketing and I'd love to hear your take on that aspect of things and see if I could implement some of your knowledge to my marketing strategy.    

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
398 73 144

Hey, @ajmp45!

That's fantastic! I'm so happy that your launch went without a glitch. It's a true testament to the preparation that you've done! I'm, again, glad that you've found my suggestions useful. 

I'm so happy that you've started the largest task we've talked about. Remember to divide and conquer so you don't get burnt out through the process. I can help you out with getting the external links to open in another tab. If you'd like my help, simply let me know so I can send an authentication email to you and forward your request to our theme support team on your behalf. 

There isn't much I'd tweak for your store just yet. It's nice to see how our work plays out for a week or two first. Though, one thing I'd challenge you is to come up with more suitable names for Collection List and Featured Collection on your home page. Just like how you coined the term Best Sellers on the main menu. More shopper-focused/sales-driven terms can help you stand out. Because your store has that 24/7 convenient store yet edgy vibe, try to think outside of the box and make the titles attention-grabbing. Feel free to brainstorm with your friends or perhaps do a little research on what your competitors are doing. 

Thank you so much for sharing your marketing strategies clearly in the public. This allows me to offer more tailored suggestions. In your case, if you're still somewhat new, I recommend you interchange the ads. For example, one week with Facebook and one week with Instagram. The reason behind this is that not only you get to monitor your ads more closely and determine how effective they are, but it also helps you spread out your marketing budget. This way, just in case if the ad isn't too effective, you aren't spending too much money on it. Remember to continue tweaking your ads along the way according to the analytics you receive. 

What I suggest the next is potentially quite personal. I find that Google Adwords require a bigger budget to play with. Typically, unless you've done some researches already, I recommend you focus on Facebook, Instagram, and email marketing first. For Instagram and email marketing strategy, I encourage you to check out E-commerce Email Marketing 101 and Grow Your Business with Instagram from Shopify Academy. If you're a reader, come check out Shopify's Facebook marketing blog and Instagram marketing blog. There are great updated posts on various approaches on how you can scale up your ads. 

Keep me posted on whether or not if you'd like me to send the authentication email to you!

Best,

Jason

0 Likes