I have looked at your store. I would like to give you some suggestions:
1. Add ''About us'' page to introduce more about your store
2. Add a blog page that helps you share more about your products and increase your site visibility
3. Add more related items on Cart page and Checkout page to cross-sell
4. Install a push notification app. Almost online stores have the problems of getting a lot of traffic but low conversion rate. And the solution is a push notification app.
By that, you can get higher conversion rate. You may find this useful https://ecomfit.com/blog/push-notification-service-essential-for-ecommerce-business/
I hope this is useful.
Congratulations for your store!!
I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:
Hi @darteaga welcome to Shopify store
Hope you're thriving through this CoVid crisis. You have a really pretty neat and well-maintained store
After taking a look at your website, I would like to point out a couple of feedbacks:
1. Engaging the audience by writing a blog with good titles will be helpful as the customer thinks your the most knowledgeable person and will look up to you for further information. Also getting out articles and having fresh content once in two weeks will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations, and build credibility.
2. Ensure every image has a minimum of 3-4 images as having multiple images to the product will help the customer gets a detailed view of your gallery with this you can also add a product zoom in to fill the browser window.
3. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description.
4. There are too many elements for a single product and on the website as well which makes it too busy and this is diverting the customers from concentrating on single product. Also, pop up ads can be eradicated in some cases.
5. Ask your customer to rate your product because 90% of the people will at least read one review before purchasing the product.
6. A wishlist allows shoppers to create personalized collections of products they want to buy and save them in their user account for future reference. Wishlists signify a customer's interest in a product without an immediate intent to purchase.
7. Follow a fixed aspect ratio throughout the whole website for the images this will reduce the clutter because the images will have uniformed breathing space.
8. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.
I hope this helps!
Hi @darteaga !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
1. Homepage - it is to long and you should change the design. Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
2. The featured image captures the first attention of the user. Use interesting taglines on banner images to captivate user attention.
3. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
4. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable.
5. Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool.
6. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
7. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
8. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page. The strongest results came from the most frequent posts.
9. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad?
Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
10. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
11. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
12. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
13. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.