NEW STORE FEEDBACK REQUEST - BABY Clothes

SufyaH
1 0 1

Hey everyone! I’ve had my store LIVE now for 2+ Months and while there is some traffic I’m finding that it’s not growing as quickly as other stores that carry similar product and certainly not resulting in sales. 
I built the store myself so I know there are areas to improve but could I get some help on where to focus? Really struggling here but trying to stay positive

Input on the name?
branding? marketing? 
images? 

www.gooddaycollection.com

Hi @SufyaH!

Cute store! Here's some feedback.

Homepage

• Add a unique value proposition above the fold. 

“A value proposition is a promise of value to be delivered. It’s the primary reason a prospect should buy from you. It’s also the #1 thing that determines whether people will bother reading more about your product or hit the back button. On your site, your value proposition is the main thing you need to test—if you get it right, it will be a huge boost.”

Resources for value prop design

Value proposition worksheet
Value Proposition Design book

• Remove ! from any call-to-action buttons.

• Add a live chat functionality.

• Why are all the products on sale? It feels like a marketing ploy, which makes me question the authenticity of the store.

Product pages

• Add copy to each product page in the form of storytelling (in addition to the product description). This is good practice for both SEO and conversions. Some product pages have a sentence or two of storytelling but a paragraph (at minimum) would be a good idea.

Joanna Wiebe and Alaura Weaver share 11 storytelling elements:

A relatable protagonist/hero (your target customer)
A world (the emotional motivators)
A call to adventure (goal or problem to solve)
The stakes/refusal of the call (nightmare scenario)
A helper (your brand)
A magical item (your offer)
Crossing the first threshold (CTA)
The belly of the whale (onboarding/lead nurturing)
Road of trials (split-testing)
The happily ever after (future pacing)
The return (testimonials & brand advocacy)

• Gather and share more social proof in the form of product video reviews written reviews, and photos from customers.

More than 50% of shoppers say online video has helped them decide which brand or product to buy (Google).
67% of shoppers turn to video at least once before making a purchase (Moz).

• Consider offering free shipping on all products and just work shipping into product pricing. Once you offer free shipping, provide details about it immediately beneath the Add to Cart button.

In a survey by Walker Sands Communications, 90% of people said that having an order ship for free is the biggest incentive to add more to their cart, while another survey found up to 74% of shoppers will abandon their cart if delivery fees are too high. More on that here.

• Ensure that you don't display any products that are sold out unless customers can share their e-mail address to be notified when the item will be back in stock.
  • Ensure all photographs of products are in high-resolution. According to Justuno, 93% of consumers consider visual content to be the key deciding factor in a purchasing decision. 

• Show all products in context through photographs. For example, a t-shirt store would provide photography of people actually wearing their shirts instead of photography of just the shirts.

“About Us” page: 

Social media

• If you haven't: create a unique hashtag and encourage customers to use it and tag your store on Instagram, etc.

SEO

• Ensure that your website meets the standards on Google Search Central.
  • For on-page SEO, add original, creative content to your home page and product pages.
  • For off-page SEO, get backlinks via partnerships, guest blogging, communities, social media.

Moz details Google SEO tips for 2021

• Favicon optimization
  • Breadcrumb optimization
  • Meta descriptions
  • Numbers in titles
  • <title> boilerplate
  • FAQ and how-to schema
  • Relaunch top content
  • Increase internal linking
  • Update old content with new links
  • Remove unnecessary links
  • Mobile link parity audit
  • Invest in long-form content
  • Use more headers
  • Leverage topic clusters
  • Bring content out of tabs
  • Core Web Vitals
  • Limit sitemaps to 10,000
  • Leverage dynamic sitemaps
  • Passive link acquisition
  • Page-level link intersect
  • Be the last click

Also, I shared 21 e-commerce trends for 2021 in the Shopify community in case you also want to check that out.

CMO @ Reeview.app. Reeview automatically finds, collects and displays authentic, user-generated product video reviews for Shopify stores. Using A.I. to manage user-generated videos at scale and beautiful video widgets placed directly where purchase decisions are made, Reeview increases conversions, shopper engagement and customer lifetime value.
0 Likes

Hello @SufyaH 

Good things take time.   Don’t lose your hope. We just need to make a few small tweaks here and there, and your conversions will start picking up.  

I have gone through your website. I really love the products in your store.

Screenshot 2021-05-04 at 8.32.44 AM.png

I have two suggestions:

1. Could you change the color of the text for product name, discounted price, and the “Sale” tags? I feel  shades  of blue, pink, purple, brown, and yellow will resonate better with your website. These colors grab eyeballs and make the text easy to read in a quick glance
  2. If you highlight the discount % on each product (10% off, 15% Discount), it could help you kickstart your sales quickly. Though the conventional way requires you to look for the right codes, there is an easy Shopify app which can help you design and upload your product badges within a few clicks. 

KrishiBoo_2-1620098329463.png   KrishiBoo_3-1620098355807.png KrishiBoo_4-1620098406929.png 

You can choose the best colors going with the vibe of your website and apply it easily on the product images. Give it a shot and lemme know if you found the app helpful.

I’m attaching a LINK for you here to the app. Have a great day  

KrishiBoo From ModeMagic
Award Winning App | Best UX on Shopify
0 Likes

Hello Sufyah,

I just had look into your website, I observed few points. i Hope those helps!

-> You can add the item reviews under product page, Item reviews can help give customers that additional propel they have to confide in your online shop and finish their buy. I would suggest including item reviews too, as reviews for customers to share their positive experience thus different customers can see the reviews and be influenced to purchase.
-> You can Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
-> You have less niche you can increase your products. If you want to increase your list try Shopify App. It helps for increasing of your conversions.
-> You can begin giving dedication focuses to your customers on various credits like joining, subscription, making a buy, taking into account message pop-ups, sharing or following via web-based media mean referral rewards. This will assist you with captivating your customers and hold them. You can compensate your customers to reclaim those focuses. At the point when you will offer focuses to them they will come back again later on to cause a buy to reclaim those focuses. This energizes rehash buys which expands deals and helps in holding your customers.

Further, if you like to implement customer engagement in your store I suggest you to install our Shopify app "Tuecus". It helps for you Increasing of sales by providing credit points like subscription, signup,...etc., And it gives you Attractive Customer Dashboard and Raises The Store Revenue. Customizations Available.

Thanks,
team Tuecus.

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
0 Likes
vinods
Shopify Partner
501 10 87

Hi @SufyaH 

Hope you're doing good. I am Vinod from Bombay India. I am a digital marketing consultant providing professional website design Google and Bing ads Email Marketing and Conversion rate optimization services. 

Good store. Good products. Good design. 

Remove third party brand name from images. 

Add sizes on clothing page format as 

USA size or UK size 

Add proper Shipping times this is the most important. 

Add wash care instructions for clothing products.

Add contact and about page. 

How are you marketing ur store ? 

I will be happy to serve you for growing ur product sales online via digital channels. 

Thank you.

Vinod.

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
0 Likes