(NEWBIE) feedback on my store and how to improve sales

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

HI all,

just started my shopify seller experience 2 days ago. followed a few directions online on advertisements as well as desgining of store and product research. but i feel just stumped as im not seeing any sales at all. maybe cos its too early and not sure if my store is selling globally or just in my location (singapore). how do i know?

anyway here is my shopify store https://megarts85.myshopify.com

thank you in advance for all of you in this community!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Megat ,

Unable to open your website link. Could you please resend it so that I can review your store.

Thanks!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1845 34 212

Hello,

I just had look into your website. Good work you have done on your website. I observed few points on your store, I hope those are helpful for your website.

-> Increase your niche.
-> You don't have about us page? You can add about us page, it’s about the reader. Readers want to see what you can do for them for an entertaining show or a comfortable rental, you need to prove to them that you offer what they need.
-> You can add contact us page in the footer section, Since you determine the information you'd like from the consumer you can catch the correct information you need from them.
-> You can add Item description. An elegantly composed item description clarifies the advantages of the item and persuades the customer that they need the item as well as need it. Your item description is the one you need to catch their eye to in light of the fact that it can without much of a stretch pull in them and influence them to put in a request.
-> And you can Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
147 10 30

Hello @Megat 

Congratulations on your store page! I hope you are well in this time of crisis. I was going through your store and saw that most things on the store have been done right. I saw a couple of things that could be made better though, so I thought I'd share them with you. 

1. On your home page, as soon as I landed i first thought it was a furniture store. Only when I scrolled further I realised that your catalog has a lot of variety but none of it has nay furniture. This was probably because the hero image that you have used. It does not go well with your catalog. Maybe you could revisit this and add something that is more related to your catalog.
    2. Add the Contact us and About Us links even in the footer section. That makes those sections easily accessible from anywhere. Similarly for your shipping and return policies - make sure these are easily accessible from any where in the store.
    3. I think we could use a wishlist or an Add to Favourites button. This will allow you to send more targeted follow up emails to your shoppers and even notify them if you're running any offers or sales. 
    4. In your catalog, the shopper has to first pick a number or color from the list of options and then select this from the drop down. I'm afraid this might lead to lesser people actually moving to cart. If you can have an option where the user can directly click on the product and style of their choice and move on to checkout, they will be more likely to buy. 
    5. You could add some kind of urgency by adding stickers or labels to highlight things like sale/trending/free shipping. The Shopify app store is source of some really good apps that can add this kind of a focus to your store. I added one below which I thought might look good. What do you think? You can always look up more styles here.  

4A7D9D3C-59E0-43CA-B292-203918338D99_4_5005_c.jpegC1FD841B-7452-4851-A336-CDA82A40F847_4_5005_c.jpegE3889309-A1EE-4A32-AC3F-2BDB4CD18A37_4_5005_c.jpeg

Do let me know if this is useful for you.

Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!

Garima

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
92 10 32

Hey @Megat,

Welcome to the Shopify family! I hope you’re thriving.

Your store looks fine - but you have to make it stand out from all the other stores who are also doing dropshipping for the most popular products. There are a few ways you can make your websites and products stand out to boost your sales:

1. As soon as I land, I can see the logo. Maybe you can update the copy in the first fold about what products you sell? It might help people as soon as they land to make sense. Also, your logo says “MegArts Music Productions” but you’re selling other products. It could be confusing for some users. 
  2. Favicon - it is the small logo that shows up in your browser tab beside the name of your store. Add it. Also, I’d suggest ad the meta title and description for your home page and all others. (This is for SEO)
  3. There are a few inconsistencies in your product images. They have different backgrounds. Making them all consistent will make your store look more professional.
  4. I agree with the above comment about adding more products. You should add as much detail as possible for the products. A bad product listing is the #1 users don’t convert.
  5. You need to guide users to the right products. Here’s what I mean: When visitors come browsing in your store, they usually look for clues for which product they should buy. Think about when you shop online on amazon. How do you select a specific product?
  6. You look at reviews, what other people are saying. So adding reviews to products would be a good option. 
  7. The 2nd way is you look for the “bestseller” or “lightning deal” labels on the products. You can use these kinds of product labels on your products to guide users towards specific products. They also help in quicker decision making! Apps like Modemagic can help apply labels to your product images for free. Not only just for “bestseller”, but you can also apply labels like “selling out” or “sale” to increase the #Fomo in users. The feeling that they’re missing out is a strong drive for people to buy.
  8. Testimonials are another way of proving the authenticity and quality of your products. Get some testimonials and add them (these could very well be from your friends - but they should be genuine and they’ll definitely add value!)
  9. Add some information about shipping. Shipping pages are some of the most read pages on a website. How much time, shipping charges, etc. all of these details should be provided to the users. 

I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!

Cheers.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1954 122 428

Hey Megarts 85,

I can see that you have invested a lot of hard work in designing your store layout. However, a few basic elements are missing. Keep the below-listed things  in mind for a more professional store look:

• Add "Terms and Conditions" in the footer to make your brand more authentic.
  • "Login" helps in keeping information secure and a track of your order details as well.
  • "Instagram Gallery" should be added near the site footer for promoting your brand more effectively.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.

I hope the above suggestions prove to be helpful.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted

@Megat,

I just reviewed your website. I have noticed a few things that you might consider taking to make your store better. 

Featured Images: The featured image captures the first attention of the user. Create good quality featured banner images with interesting taglines to captivate user attention. 

Homepage: Homepage could be better and more organized.  Homepage content should be strategically decided. You can add more sections such as ‘New arrivals’, ‘blogs’, ‘Top selling products or best selling products’, ‘offers & discount banners’ to engage new customers.

Product Page: Product description formatting is bit messed up. It should be nicely spaced so that buyers find it visually appealing. You can display the extended details using tabs rather than a chunk of text. Think about how you can concisely convey and highlight the most important information. 

Live Chat Support: A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers. So integrate live chat support on your website.

Scroll Back to Top Button: You can create a scroll top button to take a user at the top of the website to improve your website’s overall user experience.

Shipping and return policy (Most Recommended) - Shipping and return policy improves users’ trust, and it gives a feeling of safety to your customers. It ensures excellent customer service. Also, search engines and all advertisement tools give this more importance so I would suggest to create two separate pages for it. 

Speed Optimization - To increase visitors you need to work on your website speed as I am seeing it is very low i.e 46%. It should be above 65-70%. Also, you need to optimize website images. It will improve the user experience. Fast page load time will also boost the website’s crawl rate. 

Ads: If you want to increase sales I would recommend to start off Facebook or Google Shopping ads. It becomes easier to get conversion faster and grow your business with the help of Ads.

Footer: You need to add proper footer menu links. Also, you can show website information, address, returns & free shipping policies, privacy policy and terms of services links in the footer. It gives a feeling of safety to your customers and it also ensures excellent customer service.

I hope you like my feedback!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!

Thank You!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
78 5 18

Hi @Megat ,

Congratulations on your first store!

Here are some suggestions that you can consider :

1. Favicon should be added as it makes your website more identical.

2. Instagram feed could be added for better brand promotions.

3. Consider adding information related to Shipping, Returns and Refunds as it increases trust among shoppers.

4. You may want to think about adding product reviews. Reviews are essential for any eCommerce store as it helps sell more and creates immediate trust with shoppers. Be sure to check out our review app. 

You can read more about our app here. And also see some of our display widgets in action on our demo site.

I hope above points helps :)

Kind regards,

Yusuf | HelpfulCrowd Product Review App and Q&A

Turning More Shoppers Into Customers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
271 30 53

Hey, @Megat 

Congratulations on launching your store. I took a look at the homepage and a couple of things stood out to me:

20-06-koo7h-stepq

I'd recommend devoting your top menu exclusively to Shopping based links. Break out your categories so that your customers can see them all at a glance. Don't just hide everything behind a single 'CATALOG' dropdown. The result should be reflected in an increased add-to-cart rate. You can take this a step further by investing in a third-party Mega Menu app, such as Buddha Mega Menu. It is a feature-rich app that offers a wide variety of great features. Feel free to check out their app demo, here. There are a variety of other Mega Menu options in our app store that you can check out as well. However I have personal experience using Buddha, and I like it a lot!

Another key to success is building a strong brand. Branding involves developing a compelling, positive, and lasting image of your business that creates an emotional connection with your customers. The strength of your company’s brand could mean the difference between struggling for recognition and sales or thriving as a dynamic, best-in-class business. This can seem like a daunting task at first, lucky for you we got ya covered! We discuss several key aspects of branding in our branding articles hub. This will take you from A-Z for developing and executing a brand that thrives. Not sure where to start? How to build a brand in 7 steps is a terrific starting point. I'd love to hear more about the direction you would like to take/achieve as far as your 'brand voice' goes.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes