Need A feedback on my Shopify store, please!

GeeksChina
1 0 0

Hi, my store is www.geekschina.com. We are focusing on selling the electric scooters, electric bikes, hoverboard, smart watches, etc. We are now promoting the website through facebook, Pinterest, Youtube, and there are about 15-20 visits each days. Some customers add the products to the shopping cart, even go to check out. But the order is 0 so far. Please give me a feedback about the store, is there something wrong for the store, specially for the function? If everything is ok with my store, I will use other way like Facebook ads, google ads, forum, etc to get more traffic and hope to receive the first order. 

Thank you.

0 Likes

Hi @GeeksChina,

This is PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App. In general, your store has good images and layout, it might need some little changes to be optimized. I hope that my commendations are helpful to you. Before that, these are Conversion Rate Optimization Best Practices: 12 Chapter Checklist for you to get more information on how to increase the conversion rate for your store. 

1. Homepage: 

The 1st thing you need to check is the loading speed and the check-out process in your case right now. 

PageFly_5-1620145750807.png

The site speed on mobile is quite low which can occur due to your image size, the 3rd party app you use on 1 page, etc. You can check the google speed insight for more information. Here is the page speed optimization best practices for your website you can check on. 

1.1 Add a favicon to your store

This is one of the great things to make your store unique. You can check this tutorial here https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-settings/add... 

1.2 Adjust the sticky menu

PageFly_0-1620144660517.png

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. The menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page. 

Also, consider putting the search box clearer by making it a full search box. It will help the visitors easily finding what they want. 

1.3 Add ATC button

PageFly_1-1620144819572.png

You can put a CTA button for the collection and link directly to the collection page so that it can be convenient for the visitors. Moreover, the hover animation is making it is hard to see the heading so I recommend you adjust the transparency of the animation, the heading format and you can make the auto slides to easily scan and see all the important CTA. 

PageFly_2-1620145057815.png

It is also with the collection and product parts, adding some CTA button such as ATC or Buy Now can make it easier for the visitors and attract them to click on. 

PageFly_3-1620145181144.png

Besides the CTA button, I recommend you put the star reviews here to build trust with the visitors in the 1st place. 

1.4 Add testimonial - customer reviews

You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.

You can use Loox or Yotpo app to review widgets with photos gallery because both of them integrate with PageFly already. 

Or you can use a slideshow to show testimonials, let consult my Casen template. With the current testimonial right now, you can make it as auto slides and putting some images into that. 

PageFly_4-1620145305519.png

2. Collection page:

I choose the page offers to review: https://geekschina.com/collections/electric-scooters

Currently, the collection page is good with the filter and the descriptions. One small recommendation that you can use the load more instead of the pagination so the visitor won't have to load another page to see more. 

3. Product page

I take this page for example https://geekschina.com/collections/electric-scooters/products/kugoo-kirin-m4-pro-electric-scooter 

3.1 Add Upsell section

This section can be placed under the product description to show more products. You can name it as You may also like or Frequently Bought Together, Most Recently Viewed, etc so that customers can see other products.

3.2 Show customers reviews

A review widget is highly recommended on a product page so other customers can see others' feedback. With a review widget, there is a button to encourage customers to leave reviews. As I mentioned above, Loox and Yotpo are good.  

This is a good way to encourage customers to view more products because your store is proactively giving them more choices.

3.3 Making the page shorter

The visitor has to scroll too much to see all the photos and information, so consider the image size, the description, etc to optimize it. 

It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly.

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.
Survive 2021 with top secrets from e-commerce leaders
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
768 96 249

Hey @GeeksChina,

Congratulations on the launch of your store. Sorry to hear conversions aren't where you had hoped. When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is happening.

scooter-01.png

First impression: your products are higher ticket items so it's very important you look the part. The website looks okay, but it doesn't come across as professional. Here are a few thing I'd recommend:
1. Have a professional logo done up - a logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight as far as how professional or unprofessional your store looks.
2. Once your logo is finished, match your website colors and fonts to your logo. It's best to add pops of color on buttons, link colors and your navigation bar. When you start changing background colors and font colors, it quickly becomes too much and starts taking away from where the focus should be - on your products.
3. Update banner images. The photos are ok but the white, plain font over top is bringing it down. If you were to invest, having a custom banner done up would be a good investment. That main banner area is prime real estate for selling. We recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product,  a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

Next, I'd like to talk about your products.

I would highly recommend niching down and getting focused on one thing - only scooters, or only drones, etc. You've got too many types of products in your store.

A good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.
  4. Good profit margin. We recommend at least 3x what the product costs you.

We did a video about why having multiple products doesn't work, it says everything I would type so please give it a watch:

Once you've settled on your product(s), you can expand your sales channels and promote your products on Google Shopping using the AllFetch Google Shopping Feed app (it's free). It allows you to easily syncing your products from your Shopify store to the Google Merchant Center.

Last thing for now - add in an estimated shipping time. You might think longer shipping times would turn people off - and maybe it will for some, but long-term, you want happy customers and it's better to just say up front, "hey, this could take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive" rather than not giving a shipping time and then getting an email 2 weeks later from an unhappy customer wondering where their package is.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3005 173 549

Hello @GeeksChinaThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some suggestions that you can implement in your store:-

The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it -and here’s why; in most cases placing the call-to-action (CTA) above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.

AiTrillion_0-1620205176779.png

Increase the visibility of your search box- Make sure your search bar is easy for your customers to find. Don’t hide a small magnifying glass for them to click on if they really want to search.

- Add a brand logo. Having a brand logo will help you in branding.

- Make your store both mobile and desktop responsive. Design all pages of the store in such a way that it should be responsive on all devices.

- Add product recommendationsSetup product recommendations on product pages as well as cart pages.

Add customer engagement tools like a loyalty rewards program, web push notifications, and others. If a customer leaves your store, send them a price drop alert notification with the help of a web push notification. Web push notification helps to bring back customers to your store and helps in reducing the bounce rate. You can send updates and abandoned cart push notifications to bring customers to your store.

Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
168 11 60

Hello @GeeksChina 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• I see that your store doesn’t have a Favicon. Having a favicon on your website is crucial. It makes your site recognizable on browser tabs, but it too gives a professional look to your website.
  • It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product type

•  
  • You should also add a Call-To-Action (CTA) or a Shop Now button to the banner, so that users can be redirected to the relevant product page, without much delay.

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
0 Likes
MiraCustoms
2 0 0

Hi,

Your website is very good, but it reminds me of drop shipping stores/companies. Some people are skeptical ordering from drop shippers and although you may not be one, the site isn’t un-identical to those that do.

My advice would be try authenticate the store by taking away the minimal red colour and add a bright or soft colour, maybe play around with the colours and create a colour theme so everything matches. If you have a logo try match it with that.

0 Likes