Very new to ecommerce and have just put together my store. I am in the Dog niche, specifically the German Shepherd Dog niche. My dad took a look and suggested to remove the part of "What is a German Shepherd Geek" and the video at the bottom of page 1.
Please give me your feed back and do not hold back as I do not get offended. I have seen a few nice Dog Niche sites and am trying to take what I learn and apply it.
Thank you in advance and would be happy to return the help.
This is Richard - CRO Expert from PageFly Landing Page Builder.
Congrats on your store. I have just had a look at your store and first I want to give my best compliments to you for you because your store looks really professional. I did have a great time surfing the store and enjoying the visual. However, there are still some comments I want to give to better your store, here they are:
1. Have a favicon
2. The header
- The logo is too big. I think you should minimize it
- Make the header sticky so your visitors can surf through your website more easily
3. The hero section
- The slideshow is too big and since its shape is square, it leaves huge left and right blank space. This makes the page longer and customer might feel irritated by it. You should use landscape type of pictures
- Include CTA button
4. Product List
- The title should be shorten, now it looks like bunch of key words. Imagine if they want to share your items with their friends, how can they remember this.
- Include: CTA button (Shop now), variant, star rating, secondary hover image
- This section does not have a name so it looks pretty random right now:
- I think you can change the "What Is A German Shepherd Geek" to an About Us section and write about why you open a store like this (passion, vision, etc.)
- You can add sections like: Testimonials, Social Proofs to make your website more lively
Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate.
If you feel my answer helpful, like it or mark it as solution. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!
I just had look into your website, I observed few points on your website. I Hope those will helps!
-> Half of the page contains your Header section, You can modify it. So that user may not scroll down the page to view your banner images and simultaneously CTA also get highlights.
-> You can show difference on pages like product page, Here also header section dominating.
-> I see one of your item in view page, item contains only specifications you can add the description of items, An elegantly composed item description clarifies the advantages of the item and persuades the customer that they need the item as well as need it. Your item description is the one you need to catch their eye to in light of the fact that it can without much of a stretch pull in them and influence them to put in a request.
-> You can add the item reviews under product page, Item reviews can help give customers that additional propel they have to confide in your online shop and finish their buy. I would suggest including item reviews too, as reviews for customers to share their positive experience thus different customers can see the reviews and be influenced to purchase.
-> You can Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
-> You can begin giving dedication focuses to your customers on various credits like joining, subscription, making a buy, taking into account message pop-ups, sharing or following via web-based media mean referral rewards. This will assist you with captivating your customers and hold them. You can compensate your customers to reclaim those focuses. At the point when you will offer focuses to them they will come back again later on to cause a buy to reclaim those focuses. This energizes rehash buys which expands deals and helps in holding your customers.
Further, if you like to implement customer engagement in your store by creating credit points to your customers, I suggest you to install our Shopify app "Tuecus". It helps for you Increasing of sales. And it gives you Attractive Customer Dashboard and Raises The Store Revenue. Customizations Available.
Hello @jdhook54 !
I visited your dog niche store and there are few elements you can play around with to improve things:
Hey Jeff (@jdhook54),
Congratulations on launching your store! I've taken a look through your store and have some feedback for you.
First impression: the website looks okay, but it doesn't come across as professional. Here are a few thing I'd recommend:
1. Have a professional logo done up - a logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight as far as how professional or unprofessional your store looks.
2. Once your logo is finished, match your website colors and fonts to your logo. It's best to add pops of color on buttons, link colors and your navigation bar. When you start changing background colors and font colors, it quickly becomes too much and starts taking away from where the focus should be - on your products.
3. Add in a homepage banner. The main banner area is prime real estate for selling. We recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:
Next, I'd like to talk about your products. You are selling a wide variety of German Shepherd themed products. I think the mistake people make in selling so many products is that they assume they will appeal to everyone, but unfortunately it has the opposite effect. A good product choice should have these qualities:
We did a video about why having multiple products doesn't work, it says everything I would type so please give it a watch:
Once you've settled on your product(s), you can expand your sales channels and promote your products on Google Shopping using the AllFetch Google Shopping Feed app (it's free). It allows you to easily syncing your products from your Shopify store to the Google Merchant Center.
Last thing for now - add in an estimated shipping time. You might think longer shipping times would turn people off - and maybe it will for some, but long-term, you want happy customers and it's better to just say up front, "hey, this could take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive" rather than not giving a shipping time and then getting an email 2 weeks later from an unhappy customer wondering where their package is.
I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!