Need Feedback and advice on my store

Highlighted
16 0 0

I opened my website back in February and have been working very hard on it, but I'm lucky if I get 8 visitors in a day, despite FB and Instagram.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I would love to get some feedback.  Thanks.  My website is: JustImagineHandcrafted.com

0 Likes
Highlighted

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. Your site's biggest issue is your product images. They are not consistent from the angel you take the picture from or the coloured background of the image. If you these are the same images you are using for your ads, then I can see why they are not working. All things being equal, your product images are going to make or break your site. Just look at what LUSH does for product images

3. I might feature less product on your homepage

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

5. Don't have your blog in your footer as it makes your footer way longer then it should be

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

3. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Highlighted
16 0 0
Thanks so much for your feedback. I appreciate the input.

I'm not sure if this explains why I am getting no traffic, but I will work
on some of these issues!

Thanks again!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 74 124

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a look at your store, and I see you've been given some great site design feedback from the community already. Your questions seem to be more focused on traffic so I thought I'd weigh in with some suggestions on this. 

What is your current SEO optimization strategy? If you haven't already, I would recommend submitting your sitemap to Google: (http://bit.ly/2XE0XnI). We also have some great SEO tips in our help center here: (http://bit.ly/2YaTnxI). I can see that you have started a blog, which is great to see! You should make as much content as possible for this, using all the buzzwords that will help drive people to your store, e.g. vegan, hand-made, etc. 

You mention that you use Facebook and Instagram ads, how are you setting those ads up? To be very effective using those sorts of ads you need to know who exactly your target demographic is and cater the advertisement to them. Who do you target? What are their behaviors and interests? Have you created a market-tested persona that represents the bulk of your customers? There's a great article on creating marketing personas for your business here: (http://bit.ly/2SQUEIg). 

If you're attempting to target everyone, for example, men and women, 18-65 years old, then the ads will inevitably fail. Have you considered working with some bloggers and influencers? Sending them some product for review? This is a really effective way of driving traffic to the store and could lead you to really understanding what your key demographic is. 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
16 0 0

Thanks for your feedback.  I will take a look at everything and see what I can do.  I believe I have already submitted my site map to Google, but again, I'm not very internet saavy, and this is all very confusing for me.  If there are problems, I'm not sure how to fix them.  SO...I will dig in and see what else I can do.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @incrtalent 

Two things I don't like

Home Page: ( way to long ) Work on a better flow 

• Slideshow Image 
  • Collection List 
  • Image With Text ( Something Interesting ) 
  • Newsletter Sign Up ( Be Creative ) 
  • Popular Products ( 4 - 8 Max ) 

Footer Menu ( also to long ) 

Review the blog post. Remember the footer is on every page of your website. 

Overall pretty good job. Keep up the good work. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
16 0 0

Hey, Clayton.  Thanks for your reply.  Could you be a bit more specific about some of your comments?  eg.  "Slideshow image" doesn't give me much to go on.  And Collection List (I'm not sure what's wrong with it!)

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@incrtalent wrote:

Hey, Clayton.  Thanks for your reply.  Could you be a bit more specific about some of your comments?  eg.  "Slideshow image" doesn't give me much to go on.  And Collection List (I'm not sure what's wrong with it!)

Thank you!

Hi @incrtalent 

When you customize your home page you have option for sections you want to add to the page. That is what the names of the sections are. See below. 

Add Section.PNG

If you need anymore help with this shoot me a email ->here<- would be happy to help. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes