Need Feedback on Soccer-Views.com

Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 4

Please send me feedback on Soccer-Views.com 

My "grand opening" (emails to an old client list) was yesterday, and now, I'm starting to market by telling people my store exists. Initially, I do this by contacting people I highlight in my blogs.

I have a long history with developing and managing standard websites, but none with selling options. Soccer-Views is a combination of a standard site (it has two blogs) and a sales area. I am an artist, so my objective is to sell my original work on Tees and accessories. I suspect that I could present this more productively and I look forward to your comments!

Given my past experience with websites, I believe that Google will start finding my site within two months; maybe less.  I just started a new Instagram account targeting people interested in soccer. My target market is generally female, but I also started targeting trainers (and am toying with the idea of selling training equipment).

Anyway, I look forward to your comments!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Karen 

Few suggestions 

Home Page: Flow this a little better :) 

• Slideshow Images x 1
  • Collection List (yours looks awesome)
  • Something interesting with maybe call to action 
  • Popular Products (4-8 max) 

Product Page: I'd make the sizing chart with borders. This will look much better. You could also add 

• Reviews or Testimonials 
  • Sticky Add to cart Bar 
  • Product Tabs (shipping/refund information)

Footer: You need to add all your policies here. I'd add 

• Privacy Policy 
  • Terms Of Service 
  • Shipping Policy 
  • Refund Policy 
  • FAQ's 
  • About 
  • Contact (page) 

Overall some great things about your website. If you could add more images of people smiling etc that would look awesome. I'll also email you some really helpful information now. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

1 Like
Highlighted

Hey @soccer-views,

First of all, I hate you for calling it soccer instead of football! (just kidding)

The biggest area for improvement is mainly the overall layout and colour theme - the red and blue colours clash in the footer area. 

It seems like you're very passionate about football (hehe) and that's a very good thing to keep close to the core of your brand. But it's also causing you to sidestep instead of walking forward towards your goal of captivating an audience. It's very difficult to capture an audience in the beginning when you're not really focused on one thing and becoming really good at it. Writing a soccer practice blog, soccer sketching blog and selling a large variety of products will be distracting to users when they visit. 

I suggest thinking about what you're most passionate about and put all your effort into your craft for that, grow an audience first and then expand your product/services.

Have a lovely day Karen :)

I can help pinpoint and fix the problems preventing you from making your first sale. I also help with Conversion Rate Optimisation: SimplaStartup.com

HarryL | Sushi Lover @ Simpla Startup
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 4

I am still updating this evening, Clayton -- and look forward to more suggestions.

Definitely am having a problem with a call to action! 

I hope to find out what products people like in the next couple weeks as I have not had a sale yet. I plan on doing targeted tests on Facebook.

I believe my primary customer will be female, family oriented, possibly soccer-moms, and supportive of women in soccer. I am adding a niche of "soccer and animals" to go along with my soccer babies, which friends really loved. If it is successful, it'd be easy and fun to expand. This would be my first series of popular products available by mid-November.

Newsletter to come out 2 times a month and because I'm running to blogs, I'll have something to share with others.

I'll have to look at your sizing chart idea - I also want to write original captions, but have not gotten to it yet. Your suggestions are new to me, so I have to study them.

I'll work on that footer and will check it off the list you gave me. Thanks!

I can be reached at Karen@soccer-views.com (preferred) as well as Karen@littleviews.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 4

Oy! Football . . .

Initially, I was going to focus on the more sporty things of soccer UNTIL I started following #soccer feeds on Instagram. 98% are videos. Little or no chatting. As my background was techy (programmer, tech writer, and content developer), I'm used to chatty people who like to help one another and I cannot compete with original videos.

So, because of that I shifted the focus of my blogs and I believe I will attract people with similar interests. I already have some trainers interested because I complement them and don't compete with them. You'll be reading a lot about training in the future, starting next Sunday evening. 

I appreciate your comments. My background is in websites (I used to have a top website on NYC) and SEO. I need to learn how to sell on the internet, however. Sign up for my newsletter! I'm signing up for yours. 

1 Like
Highlighted

Hey Karen,

I've signed up for your newsletter. I'm looking forward to your soccer articles! :)

I can help pinpoint and fix the problems preventing you from making your first sale. I also help with Conversion Rate Optimisation: SimplaStartup.com

HarryL | Sushi Lover @ Simpla Startup
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted

@soccer-views wrote:

I am still updating this evening, Clayton -- and look forward to more suggestions.

Definitely am having a problem with a call to action! 

I hope to find out what products people like in the next couple weeks as I have not had a sale yet. I plan on doing targeted tests on Facebook.

I believe my primary customer will be female, family oriented, possibly soccer-moms, and supportive of women in soccer. I am adding a niche of "soccer and animals" to go along with my soccer babies, which friends really loved. If it is successful, it'd be easy and fun to expand. This would be my first series of popular products available by mid-November.

Newsletter to come out 2 times a month and because I'm running to blogs, I'll have something to share with others.

I'll have to look at your sizing chart idea - I also want to write original captions, but have not gotten to it yet. Your suggestions are new to me, so I have to study them.

I'll work on that footer and will check it off the list you gave me. Thanks!

I can be reached at Karen@soccer-views.com (preferred) as well as Karen@littleviews.com

I can help you with the wording no dramas. Happy to help with all of this. Ever need bounce ideas of me reach out. 

I sent the email here Karen@soccer-views.com might of went to junk mail. If you still didn't get it reach out below and I'll send it to you. 

https://www.inspiresmallbusiness.com/pages/contact-clayton

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 124 434

Hey,
It seems you have worked quite a lot, as the store is amazing and close to perfect. It has everything at its place from top to bottom but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a

lot better sales.

1. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.

2. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a separate sale page for discounted products.

3. Add some more blogs for better clarity.
  4. Add some social links like  Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc on the site footer. 
  5. Also, You have around 26 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://soccer-views.com/search?q=  Don't you think if suggestions are offered to search bar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

6. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

I hope my feedback will help you in converting visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 27 99

Hi @soccer-views 

Really good job on launching your store. I think there isn't a ton to change, but I'm going to nitpick anyways, because there is always room for improvement :D.

Did you think about adding a sense of urgency. By using urgency, you can make your visitors feel like they are missing out unless they order immediately. The 'Fear of Missing Out' that they experience, will increase your ability to convert them into buyers. One app that can help you with that is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown . It really can make a big difference in getting your customers to buy from you

After looking I couldn't find social media links. Adding social media for your store can help people realize that they are dealing with a real person and organization and not just some faceless store

You might consider adding an always visible buy button. Your buy button is the most important button on your site and it should always be within the thumbs reach of the customer. Take a look at your store (especially on your phone), and try to easily find your buy button, especially when you are on the bottom of the page. If your buy button isn't always visible you are making it harder for your customer to buy. Consider adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales , it will help it make it easier for your customer to buy from you.

Did you think about adding a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

I wasn't able to find reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

Just so you know, I also created a tiny email series that has some tips on making your shopify store better https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 4

Thanks. I already received terrific advice and will add yours to it.

my formal launch was two days ago. I have since updated my site (although there is a display bug that shopify says it will fix).

While waiting for the fix to be done, i will be updating descriptions. Am nnot sure what a buy button is, but will look into it!

0 Likes