Need Feedback on our store, how to get the traffic and increase the conversion rate

Solved
Puppermates
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi folks,

Our store(www.puppermates.com) has been set up for several months, but we haven't got any sales yet.

We changed the theme, product category, layout, etc, but still not much traffic, nor converted sales. The engagement rate of FB ads was ok.

Could you please help to go through the website and give us some suggestions and comments?

Thank you so much and looking forward to every reply.

0 Likes
MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
2803 175 470

This is an accepted solution.

Dear @Puppermates 

Hope the following suggestions will help you

• Add favicon and change the position of logo
  • Use smart search feature
  • Use different images with CTA as hero banners
  • Open social profiles on new tab and organize the links at footer
  • Add Trust Badge : Faqs, Highlight return policy , customer support , testimonial etc
  •  Add all the top featured products on the homepage
  • Add Sticky Buy now or add a cart button,Sticky cart
  • Add Promotional banner on collection page
  • Work on SEO
  • Your add cart and buy now button is now working sometimes and showing a technical error. Also need to improve product page layout

Example:

• Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc.
CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
218 15 75

Hello @Puppermates 

Hope you are well. You have a very cute theme that perfectly compliments your products, so good job done there. 

Here are some minor feedbacks from my side: 

Banner: 

The call to action button is a very good idea to direct the customers to to the relevant page, but you should put it in every slide. You already have three panels for the banner, consider putting different pictures, relevant to different product types, and the CTA buttons can direct the user to different pages, depending on which slide they click on. 

Chatbot: 

A Chatbot will be very helpful in gathering customer insights as well as answering the relevant questions, for which you don't need to be bothered. 

Newsletter: 

The newsletter is so much down below, that chances are people won't be scrolling so far down, and will miss it. Consider adding it as a popup to the homepage. 

Product Images: 

Finally, because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch. If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz

That's all from me! Thank you and Best of Luck! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3737 214 666

Hello @Puppermates, I hope you are doing good! here are some suggestions:

- Categorize the products.

The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it -and here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.

Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New/ trending/ recently viewed products- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

To add section of the new/ trending/ recently viewed you can install AiTrillion & enable the product recommendations.

- Engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1001 136 327

Hey @Puppermates,

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up. 

Now, onto my feedback. I want you to succeed so here is my honest feedback..

I think your issue might be the products you've chosen. You are offering products that are easily accessible and not in high demand. Pet toys, ID tags and blankets are all items that can be purchased in big box stores and purchased online through them or Amazon. When you search any of these types of items, this is who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. People with well known, well established brands with massive marketing budgets. 

I'd recommend setting yourself apart by researching what is currently trending in pet products and focus on selling that. I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I cover it in our video so I'll leave it here for you to watch. PS: the portable water bottle that you are selling is one of the products we look at the stats on in this video:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes

Hi @Puppermates,

Congratulations on running a business on Shopify - It’s amazing that you keep your business running well during this difficult time! From my viewpoint, your store is quite professional - I can see all the time and effort you have put into it. I love pets, and I love how your store displays the cute vibe of them. You did a really good job there!

As there’s always room for improvement, so for recommendations, I have some comments if you are interested:

1, The banner slider is quite captivating, but you can improve it even more. I see that you are using a slideshow for the hero banner - this can help you a lot in providing more information with more lively images to customers. However, there’s only one same image on each slide, and this can make the banner look dull and less attractive as the slider switches automatically. Besides, on the first slide there is no CTA button, while the first slide is supposed to draw the most attention. 

Here are some suggestions to make your banner look special:

• Adding new images for the slideshow, together with a CTA button on the first slide
  • Feature 3 different collections on each slide to make the most of the slideshow, with the first slide introducing your sale-off/ promotion collection.  

PageFly_0-1608892361632.png

2, The search field is not yet obvious on the home page. Normally, customers use the search field as a last resort. This is why search field needs to be conservative enough so it doesn’t demand too much attention, while can be instantly noticed on the homepage so customers can unconsciously know where to reach.

For this issue, I recommend you use a search box instead of a search icon - a transparent one will fit well with your banner. This can create an impression on your customer while remain the banner as the most attractive element on your page.

PageFly_1-1608892361698.png

3, You can optimize your homepage even more with more information. I noticed that your homepage currently only has a short introduction about your business, lists of featured products. These are fundamental sections of all homepage, but you can consider some of these sections to add into your homepage to provide customers with deeper understanding about your store:

• Team member: Providing brief information together with friendly yet professional image about store owners can make customers feel more familiar with your store.
  • Unique selling point: Do you provide discounts for special orders? How is your support quality? Is free shipping available? Showing these information with bespoke icon can show customers why they should choose to buy from you.
  • Testimonials: Online purchase relies heavily on review from previous customers. To prove that you are trustworthy, providing testimonials or star ratings can be a helpful idea.
  • End with a CTA button: Some customers may want to scroll through your website first before deciding to purchase. Placing a CTA button at the end of the page can attract customers to buy from you after a short exploration on your website.

PageFly_2-1608892361592.png

If you are interested in how to customize your Homepage, here we have a PageFly homepage template related to pet products that you can refer to: https://pagefly.link/jGrBKkTA. You can also use this template for free with PageFly free plan.

PageFly_3-1608892361725.png

Above are some of my recommendations for your store, hope you can find them helpful! You can give it a like if you find it useful or mark as the solution if it answers your question.

Hope your business is successful in the upcoming New Year holiday!

Cheers!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

Puppermates
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you, really appreciate it your feedback. We will work on these items.

0 Likes