Need Feedback on our website

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

We have recently switched to an e-commerce only business due to covid. We were a smoothie bar brick and mortar store that was open for 9 + years. Now we have developed our smoothies that you can now make at home. We have generated some sales but not getting people out of our original client base. We want to start to ship and get our product to more people. Would love any advise on the site, we are currently having some one rebuild on the FLEX theme and rebranding our logo/ messaging. 

www.thelifebar.com 

Thank you for your time 

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi,

I like the idea of build at home smoothie kits.

Let's start with things that I can see:

• have you considered a hero banner image with a breakdown of ingredients for your most popular smoothie kit: (ie: something like this https://www.dreamstime.com/ingredients-burger-designer-constructor-food-meat-vegetables-cheese-vecto...)
    I think that might go a long way to getting someone's interest
  • I like the idea of instagram photos, but you don't want to link out your instagram photos because that will draw your users away from your site, maybe just move them down the page and have a small button that says check out our instagram
  • Looking at this on my desktop, there's a lot of details and placement of design that seem to be a bit off, so you may want to format those to make it look more professional and flow smoothly
  • I personally would separate the blends from the smoothie kits to add a bit more distinction and categorization
  • You should also probably reach out to your existing customer base and get some product reviews in
  • Also you need a favicon as well

Odd placementOdd placement

As for the things I can't see:

My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved.

If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:

• taking a deep dive into your data: look at where your traffic comes from, what they do on site, why they might be dropping off
  • identifying metrics that and areas that could cause issue
  • working together to see what we can improve to bring up that conversion rate
  • at the end of the day you know your market the best, but I can help to provide key insights and a second opinion on what could be improved

If you are interested just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email. 

If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.

Sincerely,

ui-gab
https://www.uiavenue.ca
We specialize in data analytics. If I've helped you today, please give our give our app a try (15-day free trial) https://apps.shopify.com/ui-ave-analytics and maybe write a good review.
Send me a message if you want a free data analysis consultation.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
183 29 112

Hey there, @Mrlifebar

First of all, welcome to the world of e-commerce! It’s not quite the same as a brick-and-mortar store, but I bet you’re going to see incredible growth. You have a great product base, and that’s fantastic! I

Let’s dive right in.

Homepage

• You need to add a favicon! 
  • Do you know how people use your homepage? I would suggest heatmaps to show you where people scroll and how they are clicking. I would be curious to see how far down the page people scroll and whether they click on your CTA or use the main navigation.
  • I agree with @ui-gab that a hero image would really help. While I love your images, that’s prime real estate on your homepage. That alone isn’t enough to grab their attention.
  • In general, I felt that your vertical photos forced the layout to be skewed with too much padding on the bottom of your features. Horizontal photos would be really helpful here or reducing the length of your vertical photos. 

Footer

• It’s missing information, like FAQs, Shipping, Refunds, Terms of Service, etc. 
  • For your mailing list, make sure you add in WHY they should join it. Do they get 10% off their next order? Why should someone let your emails come into their inbox? 
  • Make sure your social media links open in a new tab rather than the same tab.
  • You have a live chat - which is great - but you also need a Contact Us page. This would be a great page to include your phone number, email address and a short form (name, email address, message field) for people to contact you. 

Navigation
This is where I experience some issues. Are they all smoothie kits, or are the protein powder blends to supplement your smoothies? While it makes more sense if you go into the products, that’s good information to know before they have to click in. This would also be a great time to let them filter by flavor or cost.

I would watch some session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, to see how people navigate across your store. Do they browse? Give up? See what they’re doing.

On that note, I would also better utilize your chat. “Live Chat with us” isn’t very engaging. I don’t know much about Tidio, but I would hope they have an auto invite option. That would let you trigger a chat invitation (like, “ Hello there! Is there anything I can help you with today?”) for people who meet certain criteria, such as added a product to their cart but didn’t check out. 

I would also suggest adding a page with a video of how you make a smoothie from one of your kits, how to personalize it and a general FAQ with common questions (what milk is best to use? How much milk do I put in? Which one is best for Keto? Which one has the highest protein?).

Product Page
For reference, I’m on ChocoMaca Protein Powder Blend. 

• How much is shipping? Get that information in there!
  • The photos are great, but I would show the AFTER product, too.
  • Add reviews to each product. I love the reviews for your brand, but I wouldn’t forget about the product-specific reviews. It’s going to help your customers see which ones they want to try.
  • Do you offer a smaller trial size? Ask your customers in a poll if they would be interested in buying a smaller, single-size trial for $5 before splurging on a $45 package with 14 servings. If they don’t like it, what do they do?

Overall, I really like your store design. I can really tell that you’ve put in a lot of hard work, and I can’t wait to see how visitor behavior helps you grow it even more. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Cheers -
Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you for your advise !!! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you @LuckyDanny 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @Mrlifebar ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• I have found that there is no favicon to your website, favicon helps your customers to navigate to your website tab while they open many tabs on the same browser and it looks professional if you have a favicon. 
  • There is no review option, try adding that feature social reviews helps you a lot in bringing sales. 
  • There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.
  • Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey The Life Bar, 

Follow the below listed tips for better store optimization:

• The first letter of all the header menu components should be capital. 
  • "Home" button is missing from the header menu. 
  • Add a "favicon" for unique site identification. 
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease. 
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

All the best! 

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
319 12 64

Hi @Mrlifebar welcome to Shopify family

I hope your business is going well during this CoVid crisis. I checked your website and it looks neat!

I would like to point out a couple of feedbacks:

1. The banner image placement on the homepage is odd the text and the image are not going well with each other. I suggest a change in the banner image would be helpful.
2. In the header menu S and A has to be upper case in Shop All, same goes with About Us, and Reviews the first letter has to be in upper case. Also, a change of font will be helpful because the text is not readable.
3. On scrolling down the product image and the text are not on the same scale or rather text alignment is required.
4. Engaging the audience by writing blogs with good titles and posting them on different social media platforms will help in brand promotion.
5. The addition of most viewed or most liked section on your homepage will significantly increase the percentage of gallery review. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand.
6. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes