Need Help on my Speed score

mahi-sd
Excursionist
12 0 1

Please help me with my Online store speed. 

Speed score: A speed score of 25 means your store is slower than similar stores on Shopify.

Thank you.

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2736 157 510

Hello @mahi-sd, I hope you are doing good! I can help you with optimizing the speed of the store. You can email me at sachin@aitrillion.com. I will be happy to help you.

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Pallavi
Shopify Expert
1109 146 178

Hello There,

i can assist you in doing it
Kindly DM me so that we can proceed our conversation on it.

Want to modify or develop new app, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: support@zestard.com
Shopify Apps URL :- https://apps.shopify.com/partners/zestard-technologies
Custom Modifications Into Shopify Theme | Shopify Private App | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
appfreaker_com
Shopify Partner
2019 46 261

Hello,

No Worries.....
Speed Scores above 20, You are reasonably good. Chances are no one has bounced from your shop because it didn’t load fast enough.
If you want to Know more about speed score read this blog.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
mahi-sd
Excursionist
12 0 1

Thank you :))

0 Likes
mahi-sd
Excursionist
12 0 1

I did some tests but is it possible to let me know what exactly I need to fix.

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
412 52 75

Hey, @mahi-sd!

Ryder here from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'm glad to hear you've been looking into your shop's speed score - it's an important factor that can sometimes go overlooked. Your speed score effects your shop's user experience, conversion rate, and discoverability.

There are a number of factors that impact your online store, and you can learn more about how your speed score is calculated in this guide. The key is finding a balance between features that are important on your site versus your shop's speed. Here are some questions you can ask yourself to narrow down the essentials. Although there are certain factors that you can't control, we'll be taking a look at the ones you can together.

Theme & Apps

Primarily in your control is your theme, which contains code and data from a number of sources that can slow it down. What theme you using? Have you made any edits to it? There are both efficient and inefficient ways of writing Liquid code. Complex operations can increase your Liquid render time, which can result in decreasing your overall store speed. If you're a developer comfortable with code, you can utilize the Theme Inspector tool to gain information on what lines of code are slowing down the experience.

Do you have any app or theme features that aren't being used, by yourself or your customers? You can use a heatmap tool to determine if any of your online store features aren't being productively used, and can thus afford to have them removed or disabled. Whether or not you remove any apps, best practice is to remove unused code. If you're unsure how to do any of these, consult your theme developer and/or app developers for assistance with these steps.

Font

What font are you using for your store? Not all users will have every font, so if you're using an uncommon font, then it may have to be downloaded before your text can be displayed - impacting the time that your store takes to load. Using a system font that is already installed on most computers can aid with improving speed. This includes the mono, serif, or sans-serif font families.

Images

Finally, I recommend taking a look as to whether any of your images are oversized or hidden from view. These can hinder loading more dominant parts of a page. If users have to wait for large images to load, they might perceive your store to be slow and leave your site. As a result, this can also increase your bounce rate. Lazy loading is a technique that can assist with images that are hidden from a user's view. I also recommend reading our guide on Image Optimization.

Additional troubleshooting

For more detailed metrics, you can run your website through Google's PageSpeed Insights and reference Lighthouse documentation to learn more about what these metrics mean. Hiring a Shopify Expert can also aid you with this and the aforementioned suggestions.

I hope this information helps you get started on your journey to optimizing your online store for the best user experience! If there's anything I can clarify, please let me know.

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

mahi-sd
Excursionist
12 0 1

Thank you for  your time and input.

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
412 52 75

My absolute pleasure, @mahi-sd! Best of luck with optimizing your shop. 

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes