I am Krassi.
I launched my first online store for women's accessories three weeks ago and I would really appreciate your feedback. Do you think my store look professional, organised and trustable? Please share any recommendations for improvement.
Here is my store URL
Thank You all so much.
Hi Krassi! Maggie, Shopify Expert here
Your store looks very enticing and elegant - perfect for your target audience. I love that you have plenty of elements on the homepage, directing visiors to other parts of the website, perfect.
Your Instagram profile also looks great
Also make sure to open the social media icons in new tabs, so you don’t lose the valuable traffic. Please see how to do it in this helpful guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/navigation/open-external-links-in-new-browser
Here are a few guides that might help:
If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!
Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/
Rock Paper Copy
Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard
Congratulations for your store!
Hope following suggestions will help you
I've taken a look at your store. The design is very professional and well done. There are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.
1. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
2. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
3. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
4. Add Buy Now button which will simplify the purchasing process for consumers, improving their customer experience.
5. Add the section for email Newsletter in the footer so that its available in all pages.
6. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
7. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
8. Add sorting feature in collection pages for changing the order of any product listing whereby users can choose which criteria they want the products to be listed by.
Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!
Hi @fashionmode !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
In Brooklyn theme, for adding newsletter to the footer you need to edit the theme code. If you really want to move it to the footer you have to look where the code for the newsletter is located in themes and move the code to footer.liquid file.
Moving newsletter to footer is not an issue. It's just a suggestion. If it is easy for you, do it otherwise just leave it.