Need advice/help

7 0 0

Hi Guys, 

Need some advice on my store, http://www.gunholsterdepot.com.  Just the normal posts you see all over, all of the time.  I get some traffic to my site, but so far, haven't sold litterally anything.  Zero sales.  Need help on why not.  I've had about 200 unique visitors so far in the last 3 weeks I've been "open".  Just restarted another adwords campaign with more specific keywords and all, but it's in the process of getting "accepted" to go live.

What I'm bringing to the table that's unique, because I know that's what some of you will ask.  It's that I stock over 1,000 different Holsters, so can pretty much have a holster made specifically for your handgun or clip/magazine.  

Is my site set up too generic?  or just too hard to navigate?  The best way to find a specific holster is to enter it in the search up top and click "enter", and I have that listed on what to do.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

www.gunholsterdepot.com

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 0

What I'm bringing to the table that's unique, because I know that's what some of you will ask.  It's that I stock over 1,000 different Holsters, so can pretty much have a holster made specifically for your handgun or clip/magazine.  

You have have no mention of this on your website/homepage. This should be on your header throughout the website. Try adding your phone number to the header too.

Add SSL trust seal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
298 0 158

Hey Nick!

I moved this topic over to Feedback on My Store, where I'm hoping you'll get a lot more chatter. :)

Hope that helps!

1 Like
7 0 0

Thanks!  That makes sense...

0 Likes
Pathfinder
130 0 30

The most useful function you have on your site is the ability for a user to enter their gun model in search and get a list of products that fit it. Ideally, you'd find a way to highlight that, as it dramatically reduces the "friction" of a user finding what they need/want. I would explore ways of replicating it and inserting it down  in the body of the page. There should be a way of doing that if you're willing to go "under the hood" in the scripts for the site.

Related to that, the red-on-black of the header is very difficult to "read", both your logo as well as the search bar and button.

I think you need to find a way to up the branding of your site. Right now it's very plain and "blah". While gun holsters don't really demand branding in the way that other product segments to, the more polished and upscale your store looks, the more comfortable visitors are with prices, perceived quality, and apparent trustworthiness. I've attached an example of what I'm talking about below.

You need a better "About Us" section. You love guns, you know guns, you know all about every holster out there. Communicate that.

Include some real content somewhere about choosing a holster, pros and cons of different holsters, care of holsters, history of holsters, etc. It will raise your organic search profile and will also increase the confidence of your visitors that you know what you're talking about and by extension sell good products.

Make sure all of your product images have good ALT tags, preferably the full name of the product.

I think the product pages look good...good photos, good content. I can't suggest anything there.

If you're getting traffic but now sales, it comes down to a) people can't find what they are looking for b) people don't have confidence in your site c) your prices are too high. I think you need to focus on upping the design framework and then making it as easy as possible for visitors to find holsters that fit their needs.

1 Like