I launched my store about 2 weeks ago. I sell custom phone cases using Print on Demand. Been doing a few influencer marketing on Instagram by sending over free cases and I received 119 visit to my store through Instagram. However, none are converting.
Is it my product? my pricing? or my website itself? Any help would be appreciated.
This is my online store: https://chanteek.com/
My store IG page: @chanteek.co
Sorry to hear. I look at your homepage and the product and design looks fantastic!! However, such conversion results means
a. they don't trust your brand enough...yet
b. it take thousands of users to convert into sales, you don't have the traffic there.
Good luck (got to go and drink my morning coffee)!
As you're just getting started, have you considered adding a livechat to your store?
Not only will it increase your conversion rates, it can help you really understand your customers.
You may also want to consider reaching out to some customers who have abandoned their carts.
Not sure what I'm allowed to link here on the forums, but in researching and talking to Gorgias customers this has been a huge key to victory for businesses just starting out.
Hi @chanteekowner !
You have done a really great job, I like the design and theme of your store!
1. Conversion optimization is much more than boosting immediate sales. It’s also about capturing information that could lead to sales. The add-to-cart rate tells us the percentage of visitors that placed an item in the shopping cart, regardless of whether the visitors consummated the purchase. The action typically represents an intent to buy, and it is usually higher than the purchase conversion rate.A high add-to-cart rate indicates strong product pages and calls-to-action. Adding a product to the cart is one step in the sales process. The purchase conversion rate tells us not only the percentage of buyers to visitors but also the percentage of abandoned carts. The average purchase conversion rate is around 2.3 percent, with the top performers reporting upwards of 11 percent. Not all hope is lost when you don’t get the sale. Capturing email signups is the next best conversion to a sale because it connects the site with prospects. The average conversion rate for email signups from websites using scroll boxes and popups is about 2 percent, with the highest at roughly 5 percent.
2. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
3. Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility. Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.
4. There are no trust badges, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop.
5. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad?
Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
6. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
7. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
8. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
9. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Right now I can only point out things I see, but it literally could be anything and it doesn't necessarily have to be with the design of your website.
In fact, I quite like your website. It seems fast, and the design is well thought out. I went through the purchase steps, without buying anything and it works well. However, you need to build more trust for visitors. One way to do that is by adding reviews to your product pages to inspire buyer confidence. I see you added the "Buy With Confidence" section on the product page which is a great start.
I also suggest adding a call to action button on the home page in the hero section. Just as some others said, another way to build trust is by sharing your brand's story. Visitors will feel a stronger connection and be encouraged to convert.
My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives, not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. We could look at where the traffic comes from and why.
If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:
If you are interested in working with me and getting some consultation just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email.
If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.