Need feedback on my parrot toy store.

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

I have 199 visitors, two people added to cart, but no sales. Am I too early for sales? Most of the views were from a popular reddit thread that had nothing to do with parrots.

parrottoysplus.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
39 6 11

This is an accepted solution.

I feel that the front page needs a bigger focus on products and collections. The top navigation is not that descriptive-- it would help if, instead of "catalog", you had a heading for each type of parrot toy.

Additionally, I feel like you need to have more color to make things pop. There is a lot of white space.

Also, the products themselves kind of have weird grammar that implies dropshipping, and it would help if they were altered in some way.

The Facebook page also needs some work to be more personable, and it would help to open more social media.

If you like, I can help you with some basic things because I like to do this for fun. 

Or, if you're interested, I would be happy to enter a more in-depth partnership with you :)

If I was able to help you, please help me by liking my comment and marking it as an accepted solution.
If you're feeling extra nice, you can throw a coffee at me through Venmo @scoducks :)

I am open to new business partnerships-- let me know if you need someone to help out with design, product management, social media, marketing, or SEO!
1 Like
Highlighted

Hey @zeusophobia 

This is a very niched store which is good. I can't imagine there are many other online stores that do what you guys do for your customers. I don't think you are too early for sales and its definitely a positive that you've had two people who have made it all the way to the cart. I'd question why the views came from the Reddit thread which was parrot-agnostic. What was it that you touched upon here?

Secondly, you need to focus on getting more visitors to your store and more of the right visitors. For this you can guest blog on target blogs (just ask them if you can do this), or you can start to blog on your own site. If you blog on your store site you have the advantage of creating parrot specific content that will improve your SEO, rank you higher in Google, and bring more customers to your door (store). 

The challenge remains about how to convert those visitors to customers and at some point (early on) you will need to consider your customer review strategy. How to collect reviews, how to respond appropriately, how to get some detail that other customers will want to read, and how to bring out insights from reviews. We can help with this at Syntellio so get in touch and let's talk about how we can get this up and running. 

95% of shoppers read online reviews before making a purchase

Syntellio collects online reviews on your behalf and allows you to share to social media, helping you increase sales and make your store a success.

Get started for free here.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I asked them to help me with my website, and over 150 people visited just from that. I picked a sub that was for free help.

I do have a blog already as well. The key words I'm trying to target are "parrot" "bird" and "toys"

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ok got it. So the visitors would not be customers. The keywords you are going for make sense. Maybe also 'pet toys'? 

You can use the Google Keyword Planner tool to make sure you're using keywords in the right way. 

Beyond this, continue to try to get your brand infront of where you think your customers would be online and in particular highlighting sites that write about these topics would be a gold mine for you.

95% of shoppers read online reviews before making a purchase

Syntellio collects online reviews on your behalf and allows you to share to social media, helping you increase sales and make your store a success.

Get started for free here.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey Parrot Toys Plus,

For highlighting amazing discounts or free shipping offers, a unique header template is a must. Add a full-width central banner below the main menu for a more professional and decent site lookThe collections list should be shifted below the central banner accordingly. Other major areas to be worked on are as follows:

1. The search landing page is disabled.
  2. "Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter" must be added to the social links in the footer apart from Facebook for better customer connectivity.
  3. Use respective symbols for depicting the social links in the footer.
  4. For better site identification, a favicon is a must.
  5. I would love to see an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for an ecommerce.
  6. Login, when added, should be placed beside the search bar and cart for a more systematic header view.
  7. You should add terms and conditions and FAQ’s if any in the footer again, these also help in building search engine content.
  8. A newsletter is a must for the latest updates on discounts, promotions etc.
  9. Footer links should be placed to the left while the newsletter to the right and the social links should be placed below both of them.
  10. "Contact us" is a must alongwith a contact form in the main menu for better customer interaction.
  11. "About Us" needs to be a little detailed for better site familiarity.
  12. Reviews are a must below every product for improving customer choice.
  13. For better brand promotion, Testimonials and Instagram images are a must.
  14. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  15. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparqs Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Wish the store starts converting visitor traffic to customer sales shortly.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
541 53 68

Hello, @zeusophobia.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out!

I understand you’ve had a good number of visitors, but no sales yet, and you’re looking for some feedback on your store. I think you’re off to a great start and I can see that there's a good use of different sections, which gives your website a very nice structure. It’s also great to see that there's a number of helpful suggestions from the community. That said, I will be providing some suggestions that I think can help your website look more professional.

Since you have a nice assortment of collections, rather than having one ‘Catalog’ in the menu, I think creating your collections as menus and links will help your customers navigate. This way, you can consider having a slideshow or featured image at the top of your website. Slideshows are a great place to feature high-quality images, showcase certain products, or visually announcing a promotion for your customers. Most websites, especially with commerce websites, will have categorized menus that provides access to other important resources, such as an 'About us' or 'Contact us' pages).

You can consider adding store policies to your checkout, such as shipping or refund policies, which can also be added to your menu by creating them with Pages. It's helpful for customers to know that a refund is available for when something is wrong with their order, this will also add more confidence for your shoppers. In addition, having a shipping policy can help answer basic customer inquiries about their order and shipping times, which can help reduce some of your workload - otherwise customers might be emailing you just to check on their orders. 

I also agree that adding a favicon and linking your social media profile onto your website can help make your website look more professional. Social media profiles allows your audience to share your website more easily, which can help expand your audience through word of mouth. Nonetheless, it’s also important to have a marketing plan as effective marketing can help your store be more successful. Through marketing you can increase more traffic and potentially increase the conversions or sales. Do you have a marketing plan yet?

Marketing is also something that you can hire a marketing expert for, feel free to find a marketing expert through Shopify Experts. Shopify Experts are experienced with marketing for different types of businesses on different platforms and they’ll be able to help you with this. 

I hope this provides a few suggestions to get you started. If you have any other questions for feedback, don’t hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1051 53 157

Hello @zeusophobia,

For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

You can send them an in-email review form to collect more reviews. It can be site review or product review and you can give loyalty points for leaving a review, signing up, allowing for push notifications which will help you to collect more and more reviews. This is how you can retain your customers and retarget them. 

Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

If you would like to implement all these features to maximize engagement and conversions on your store I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com. It has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is 'All in One' Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes