Need feedback on my store

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Can anyone give me feedback on my first store?

https://www.phytocosmetics.com.au/

I know the about & faq section needs work a lot of work. The content is written but I’m working on adding images to make it more engaging. Using an app I’ve realised that most of my visitors tend to skip straight to looking at the product images and don’t spend long enough reading anything. I want to change that but don’t know how to. Should I try changing up the navigation and seeing how that goes?

Also, I want to add things like badges (sales, limited edition, etc.)  but I think it might be an overkill visually with the design of the store.

Any advice or recommendations on apps would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like
Highlighted

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase. Your homepage is good and I would just tweak your product page.

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

2. I would breakout the section for customer reviews and not hide them behind a tabbed section. People scrolling fast could easily miss them.

3. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
99 20 65

Hey there, Zarina10!

First of all, congrats on your first store! You’re definitely on the right track, and I can tell you’ve put a lot of hard work into your site. There are some great details you’ve already covered, like currency localization and a favicon. Consider this a virtual high-five! 

There’s one quick suggestion I have: Make sure all of your links open in a new tab. Your Facebook link as well as the links on your COVID-19 Impacts page currently open within the same tab. 

I also see that you’re already using Lucky Orange. This is a huge advantage in finding out how to improve your store. As more traffic flows in, you’ll be able to get even more insight from your visitors and their behavior.

Now, let’s dive in.

Homepage 

My initial thought is that your homepage may be too long. Check your scroll heatmap to see where people are dropping off. I would wager it’s somewhere between Featured Collections and Other Collections. Confirm it with your scroll heatmap though.

Next, go to click heatmaps and try to answer:

• Where are people clicking?
  • What parts of the navigation bar are they most interested in?
  • If they aren’t clicking on your Easter special, is there a better way to display it?
  • Are they clicking on the homepage at all? 
  • Is there a difference in clicking behavior between mobile users and desktop users?

Definitely test different layouts, homepage lengths and order of features. Would a traditional header image with a CTA work better? Test and find out.

Have you run a poll?Here are a few poll questions that may help:

• Is there anything preventing you from checking out today?
  • Were you able to find what you were looking for today?
  • What additional soaps would you be interested in purchasing from Phyto Cosmetics? 
  • What can we do to WOW you?
  • What matters most to you when it comes to shopping for soap?

Find out what your customers are interested in, and use their feedback to help drive your next website or inventory update. 

Navigation

Your menu bar is a little heavy. Have you considered moving your About/FAQ to the footer? I would also consider leaving the Contact page on just the footer instead of both the footer and header. Your heatmap will be able to show you which menu links are getting the most clicks. 

Also, get your shipping rates into a place that’s easier to find. In your Shipping FAQ, you minion that your shipping is expensive and that you offer free shipping over certain amounts. Be open with the shipping fees and the minimum amounts - don’t make customers wait until they get to checkout. It can be intimidating to read that shipping rates are considered expensive. 

Have you considered activating live chat? It could help confused shoppers get answers to their questions while they are on your site. If you use behavior tags, you can also set up auto invites. For example, an invite could be sent if the shopper has spent more than 20 seconds on a product page. 

Collections/Shop All

A few ideas:

• Add in collections by use (i.e., dry skin) and scents (i.e., fruity, floral, etc.)
  • Give an option to filter by scent, color, size, level of scent, etc.
  • Expand into gift collections, especially around the holidays (i.e., top choices for teens, top choices for moms, etc.)
  • Create gift sets, like the Mother’s Day set. It gives you a chance to upsell items and open it up to customized sets.  

I would watch recordings to people engaging with both Collections and Shop All to see how they are navigating around your products. 

Product page
I’m running into a problem with your product pages. I’m on your Apricot Whirl page, and the header is covering the name of the product. If you look in your recordings, search for Missouri - that will be me. You’ll be able to see what happened. 

For your images, I would add it in relation to something everyone knows. For example, show it in your hands or by a ruler. It’ll help see the size of your items. 

If people are more interested in product images, this is the place to make your product shine. Bump up those product descriptions! Since we can’t feel it or smell it, help us virtually feel and smell it.

Also, highlight those reviews. Since you don’t have many reviews, make sure you are inviting customers to complete a review in your purchase confirmation email and any follow-up emails.

I’ll say it again - you’re doing great. Test changes, evaluate the results and keep tracking visitor behavior. If you’re interested, Lucky Orange offers a free 15-minute call with one of our client success managers. It’s just 15 minutes of answering your questions and helping you get more from Lucky Orange - no sales pressure involved. 

Be sure to let my team and/or me know how we can help! Good luck, and happy tracking.

Cheers -
Danny

Was my answer helpful? If so, please consider liking my post and marking it a solution. I appreciate it!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1053 53 157

Hello @Zarina10, congratulations on coming up with a new store. Here is the feedback:-

1. Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

-Slideshow Image 

-Collection List  

-Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) 

-Testimonials

-Newsletter sign up box

-Instagram feed

2. Add reviews on the product page. It will help you to build trust with other visitors.

The app that I would recommend is AiTrillion.comIt is an essential app that a Shopify store owner must-have. It is all in one Shopify app. It has features like email marketing automation, reviews, web push notification, Loyalty reward program, LiveChat or chatbot, Reports and analytics, Ai Predictions, announcement bar, product recommendation, smart pop-up and many more. It has a customer timeline feature that shows the real-time activity of your customers like when did they sign up, when did they redeem the loyalty points, when did they sign up, when the customer was last active.

And, this app is fully integrated. Every functionality is integrated with each other. Plus, you don't need to install multiple apps as installing multiple apps slows down the speed of the store. This is a very useful app.

It has Reports and analytics, with the help of it you will get to know the actionable insights of each and every customer. It has Ai prediction which will let you know that at what time most of your customers are coming, on which day, what price and color they are preferring, from which place they are coming so that now you can target them easily and will increase sales with the help of this useful data. It has a customer timeline feature which will show you the real-time activity of your customers and will target them accordingly with the help of automation.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1738 110 378

Hey Phyto Cosmetics,

"Going quite well"! But, you need to grow more by improving your store and utilizing its potential to the fullest. Look into the below-mentioned tips for the same:

1. Arrange the newsletter in the footer and add "Instagram Gallery"in its place which can really help promote your brand better.
  2. The "search landing page" is disabled in your case ie it does not redirect to "/search" when the "enter key" is pressed while placing the cursor on the search bar.
  3. Align all "Footer links" vertically for symmetric placement.
  4. "Facebook is the largest online platform in the world where you can connect with your market and audience".Apart from it, add Instagram, Twitter and Linked In to the site footer as well as they are a great source of advertising as well.
  5. "New Arrivals" can really help you in gaining better site popularity.
  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  7. Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  8. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Wish the luck favors you always! All the best.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

@LuckyDanny Thank you so much for the detailed suggestions. I’ll work on everything you mentioned.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

@DuaneBrown @AiTrillion Thank you! 

1 Like