Need help asap, im going to close my shop

Tourist
17 0 1

Hey guys, me again...

As i said on the other shop, i opened a week ago and did one sale the day after but since nothing.

Spent a few $ on ads but nothing happen except engagement : https://www.facebook.com/ApexLegendsAustralia

I think my niche is to complicated, wanted to slide on the new game Apex Legends, 10 millions players in 1 month, the new Fortnite but its apparently too new... https://apexlegendsau.com/

I either target the wrong people on Fb or there is a problem with my website i dont know but im already looking for another niche...

Would like to have your advices, good or bad

Thanks for your help, im desperate...

0 Likes
Pathfinder
74 7 12

Ok first thing that should probably be said in the nicest way is that if you are ready to give up after one week, running a business is probably not for you. A lot of people get the idea that simply putting up an online store will result in tons of immediate sales and you will profit overnight. Unfortunately, it does not work that you have to put in a tremendous amount of work. Most people are sorely disappointed at the very beginning. Especially at only the first week when things turn out to be a lot more work than expected. With a brick and mortar store everyone passing can see you are located there and the competition is limited in the area. With an online store, you have unlimited competition because the internet is worldwide competition. Therefore, you have to work much much harder to get people to come to you.

Facebook ads can be tricky when it comes to knowing who you should target with your ads. That's information that can be obtained by thoroughly researching your niche. I personally don't know enough about your product to have an opinion on if it is a good niche or not. That's something you will have to figure out with research. Facebook ads can be great, BUT if you are on a limited budget Google ads are likely to be more superior. Reason being is that if a potential customer is searching google for your product, they are probably more in the mindset to buy vs Facebook where someone just using social media sees an ad that is trying to convince them to be in the mood to buy. Since your product seems to be centered around gaming, one awesome and free way for you to advertise would be making youtube videos of someone wearing the products while playing the games. This would help customers with those interests be able to relate to your product and see how it looks in action. Although I don't know too much about your specific product or those particular games, I do know that video game videos are quite popular on youtube. 

As far as the actual appearance of your site, there are a few things. The first odd thing I see is that some products say, "100% Australian Owned," but then the shipping area says it is a China product. Which is it? The next thing is anytime you sell clothing you must have measurements and/or a size chart period. No exceptions. Most everyone in the world wouldn't buy clothing from an unknown brand if they don't have the first clue how their sizing runs. There's not even any mention if it is man's, woman's, boy's, or girl's sizing. No idea. 

Some of your pictures do seem somewhat blurry, but I can't tell if that's just what they are supposed to look like or if they are indeed just lower quality photos. That's definitely something I would fix. Now someone might come along and disagree with me on this, but I feel the site is too much black. It really doesn't give it a pleasing aesthetic feel and really feels gloomy like how one would feel on a cloudy rainy day. At the same time you don't want to get obnoxious with the color scheme it just needs some brightening up. 

1 Like
Tourist
17 0 1

@Chambrèy wrote:

Ok first thing that should probably be said in the nicest way is that if you are ready to give up after one week, running a business is probably not for you. A lot of people get the idea that simply putting up an online store will result in tons of immediate sales and you will profit overnight. Unfortunately, it does not work that you have to put in a tremendous amount of work. Most people are sorely disappointed at the very beginning. Especially at only the first week when things turn out to be a lot more work than expected. With a brick and mortar store everyone passing can see you are located there and the competition is limited in the area. With an online store, you have unlimited competition because the internet is worldwide competition. Therefore, you have to work much much harder to get people to come to you.

Facebook ads can be tricky when it comes to knowing who you should target with your ads. That's information that can be obtained by thoroughly researching your niche. I personally don't know enough about your product to have an opinion on if it is a good niche or not. That's something you will have to figure out with research. Facebook ads can be great, BUT if you are on a limited budget Google ads are likely to be more superior. Reason being is that if a potential customer is searching google for your product, they are probably more in the mindset to buy vs Facebook where someone just using social media sees an ad that is trying to convince them to be in the mood to buy. Since your product seems to be centered around gaming, one awesome and free way for you to advertise would be making youtube videos of someone wearing the products while playing the games. This would help customers with those interests be able to relate to your product and see how it looks in action. Although I don't know too much about your specific product or those particular games, I do know that video game videos are quite popular on youtube. 

As far as the actual appearance of your site, there are a few things. The first odd thing I see is that some products say, "100% Australian Owned," but then the shipping area says it is a China product. Which is it? The next thing is anytime you sell clothing you must have measurements and/or a size chart period. No exceptions. Most everyone in the world wouldn't buy clothing from an unknown brand if they don't have the first clue how their sizing runs. There's not even any mention if it is man's, woman's, boy's, or girl's sizing. No idea. 

Some of your pictures do seem somewhat blurry, but I can't tell if that's just what they are supposed to look like or if they are indeed just lower quality photos. That's definitely something I would fix. Now someone might come along and disagree with me on this, but I feel the site is too much black. It really doesn't give it a pleasing aesthetic feel and really feels gloomy like how one would feel on a cloudy rainy day. At the same time you don't want to get obnoxious with the color scheme it just needs some brightening up. 

Awesome man, what a clear answer i really appreciate.

I will work on what you said and check for Google Ads because im on a budget.

Can you please tell me more about the Shipping Area saying China please ? I didnt see anything.

Again, thanks a lot!!

0 Likes
Pathfinder
74 7 12

When you click shipping policy on the footer it says : All orders are handled and shipped out from our warehouse in China. Please allow extra time for your order to be processed during holidays and sale seasons. We process orders between Monday and Friday.

But then on the description it says 100% Australian owned so I was confused. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 1

Oh ok, i will change it right now.

Already looking for a new light/white theme if you have any recommandations.

After that i will work on Google Ads.

Many thanks again

0 Likes
Tourist
17 0 1

Btw, can you send me an email to apexlegendsaust@gmail.com please i would like to talk to you.

Thanks

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hey Ann-Anas, i would say your problem is bad product research. You need to find that golden products that work for you. My store failed couple of times too. my advice would be to use SaleHoo for features such as product finder(wich is a little gem, it finds really good products that you can sell) personally i haven't sold any products using the software because i have my own label, but i saw the potential and what kind of products it delivers to you, and there are some really good ones. also it displays sales trends analytics and comparing product ideas if you found like 2-3 good products and don't know what to choose. i'll leave you the link here if you want to check it out it's called SaleHOO. Oh and don't give up! Peace

0 Likes