Need help checking if Shopify's multicurrency is working on our site

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi Shopify Community,

Here is the ask:

Can anyone out there in the community help us see if the currency on the product pages on our site (www.chirotafund.com) shows in your home currency assuming that it would match any of the following supported currencies (Australian dollar (AUD), Canadian dollar (CAD), Danish Krone (DKK), Euro (EUR), Hong Kong dollar (HKD), Japanese yen (JPY), New Zealand dollar (NZD), Pound sterling (British pound) (GBP), Swedish Krona (SEK), Singapore dollar (SGD))?

Here is the context:

We have a crowdfunding website that is designed to help the Ethiopian community around the world. We cannot tell you how critical it is that we have the multicurrency function on our site. We use Shopify Payments (now Shop Pay) and the multicurrency function that supports 11 currencies. Unfortunately, we have a third-party app that helped us out with designed the crowdfunding product pages and so now we have run into some issues with the multicurrency functionality as it is not supported when it comes to third-party apps on product pages. SO...we think we found a solution but because we are in the US, we dont think we have a way to test it. This is where we could really use your help!

Our site is still a work-in-progress, but we would welcome feedback as well. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
596 79 109

Hi, @ChirotaFund,

Hank here from Shopify. 

Great work on your website, and what a powerful message you are spreading and the great journey you are on!

I loaded up your store and the prices were displayed in EURO, which is correct as I am based in Europe for instance. I asked a few colleagues to check as well for you who are based in other countries and it worked correctly. Those countries were Canada, (CAD), Australia (AUD), and the United Kingdom (GBP).

So from what I can see it is working perfectly for you, but hopefully, more members of the community see this post and can offer you further feedback!

Best of luck with your crowdfunding website going forward, and let me know if I can do anything else for you!

All the best, Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi @ChirotaFund 

Working in the land down under (Australia) 

Great idea keep up the good work my friend. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
Thanks so much for checking Hank and for such great feedback!!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
Thank you!!! Glad to hear it!! Appreciate your time and checking this out
for us!
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
Hank, just a clarifying question. Did you and your contacts check just our home page or the actual product pages with the campaign fundraisers? We also need to see if it is workinv in the checkout page as well. There should be a warning message on the checkout page.

Thanks in advance!!!
0 Likes