Need help no sales yet and don’t know what to do

Emeadows864
1 0 1

My shop is www.meadowsrugs.com and I have had 542 people visit and no sales. I can’t figure out what is wrong and ready to give up or hire someone to help me. Any suggestions hugely appreciated! I have spent a lot of time on it but websites are not what I’m good at!

Danishecom
Trailblazer
240 7 27

@Emeadows864 i would like to help you out first of all stop all campaign that you re running do not lose money. Now next thing to do is compare your site with another niche store how they look like? then redesign your store. your store not enough appealing for buyers to buy from your store. there is no trust factor i have found in your store like review and other policies pages like shipping policy. about us, contact us, return policy, etc. if you need my help to tell you to step by step let me know, please. hope you add this all factor then start marketing. inbox for more info or connect on yupsoftware4@gmail.com ty

0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
266 47 162

Hey there, @Emeadows864!  

That’s great you’re getting traffic, but I understand your frustration after seeing no sales. You have put a lot of work and effort into your store, and it shows. That being said, I have some ideas to help improve it.

First, let’s tackle the logo. Instead of using text, put up a real logo to add legitimacy to your store. Right now it looks more like code that wasn’t bracketed correctly, especially since there’s an underscore. 

I would switch themes. While the minimal theme works for some, it’s not working for you. I would instead use something like the debut theme (off the top of my head) and give up a more modern look. Also, if you’re planning on offering international shipping, you will want to include currency localization.

Now, let’s dive into the details:

• Announcement bar: Make it stand out more, especially the text. Link it to your product collection.
  • Main navigation: Expand it! I would do something like Home | Shop All| Area Rugs | Runners | Pillowcases. Watch session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website to show you everything someone did on your site, to see how they move around. 
  • Hero image: Add a hero image that relates more to your brand and highlights your products more so. Include copy to get them interested and a call to action button. 
  • Homepage: Overall, your homepage feels like it needs help. Use heatmaps, which show you where someone clicked or scrolled, to see how people are using your website. Where do they click? Where do they not click? How far do they scroll? I would do more to highlight your awesome rugs and products rather than your newsletter (keep it in the footer or put it in a poll), store location (put in footer), and About (again, put in footer). Think about what your visitors want to know to make the decision to look at your products.
  • Footer: We can’t ignore it, right? You need to build this out more. You need to add your social media links (make sure it opens in a new tab), important policy pages (i.e., refund, shipping, terms & conditions, etc.), and contact information. When merchants struggle with sales, I always look at what contact information they have featured. If it’s buried or non-existent, it’s a red flag for your visitors. 
  • Newsletter: Add value here! Do they get a discount? What?
  • Collection pages: You need filters, especially for your all products collections. Make it easier for visitors to find that pillow or rug in the style, color and price range they want. 
  • Product pages: Don’t leave shipping to the checkout! On your shipping policy page (which is buried on your site), it really doesn’t help customers know what to expect. Work on those descriptions and be sure to include care instructions. Find a way to help people see it in their rooms. I would also include a measurement conversion for those international buyers. Don’t forget about reviews!
  • Live chat: Stop visitors while they are still on your site. They have questions, and you have answers.  

It sounds like a lot, but these are the finer points of improvements. When you use visitor behavior to drive your changes, you’ll be able to see exactly what’s stopping them from converting.  Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3014 174 550

Hello @Emeadows864, I hope you are doing well! I reviewed your store and here are few suggestions that you can work on: 

- You need to make your store professional and easy to navigate. 

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

- Add a sticky header.

- Add social media links in the footer, policies- privacy, shipping returns & refund.

- You need to improvise the product descriptions.

Add these essential eCommerce customer engagement tools to engage the traffic coming to your store and convert them into paying customers:

Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, share/ follow on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.

- Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email addresses. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate and bounce rate.

- Add a LiveChat to make sure you never lose any of your customers. Every visitor can be your customer.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.