Need help on creating a better website and have traffic and no sales.

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

My husband and I launch are site sometime last month. We had 1035 sessions but no sales. We don't have the money to have someone to create us a website.  We know we might have to go that route but it cost to much money. Yes we spend money on ads. We are on Facebook and Instagram. So we are asking for advice on how to get a sale.  We sell baby and children clothing. www.robinandme.store

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 5

If you only had your shop for only one month, I would say you still have a long way to go. Usually these ventures take time just as if you're opening a brick and mortar store - it just takes time. The competition is brutal out there. Don't spend your money advertising on Facebook, instead try to connect to people. Not only in real person but try to create a experience that engages people. Teak your site and be patient...things will happen. As a suggestion I would display more products on the first page. Are you adding lot's of keywords and alt text and using SEO pages?

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks for the advice

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
117 7 47

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Whitney4,

Actually, your is beautiful, just try to stay tuned.

However, I still have some comments for you: 

- I think the banner is quite big. There are two banners, so you can try to place one left one right. Moreover, add CTA buttons on your banners. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1599442455200.png

- I love the featured products section. Try to keep it up!

ConveyLego0612_1-1599442668453.png

- I see this part, it's beautiful. But you can try to show all product details instead of only a price.  

ConveyLego0612_2-1599442940603.png

Like this Quickview part if you can.

ConveyLego0612_3-1599443009940.png

- If you want to show more product photos, you can try to create a gallery, especially the shoppable gallery.

Check this app: Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It is free and very user-friendly. 

- About the banner down there, you can move the banner to the left and add the CTA button or the email registration. 

ConveyLego0612_4-1599444181559.png

- On the product pages, you can try to add the sliders on the left or under the first product images. Don't let your customers scrolling too much. Or the other solution is adding a sticky add to cart button. 

ConveyLego0612_5-1599444476041.png

Hope my view helps you to improve your store. 

Happy selling, 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
491 32 148

Hi @Whitney4 !

Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!

1. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
  2. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable. 
  3. Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool. 
  4. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
  5. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
  6. Add a favicon
  7. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  8.  Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design.  Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
  9. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
  10. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
  11. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
  12. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
  13. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)

14. For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more

Increase conversions with ease here
1 Like
Highlighted

Hey there @Whitney4 ! Here's what I suggest after going through your store - 

1. You can add more CTAs - like you could add a spin wheel option on your homepage so that customers could grab an assured discount or a free delivery! 

2. I guess you forgot to add a favicon to your store! 

3. I like your product page, but you missed describing your product - what material it's made of, washing instructions, and likewise. Product descriptions are an important part of the SEO's point of view. Try and come up with compelling product descriptions for all the merchandise! 

4. Also, you need to welcome customer reviews and suggestions on your store! 

Did you tell me that there some 1K suggestions? Then I'm sure there must be abandoned carts as well? How are you treating abandoned carts? Are you reaching out to them to convince them to resume their shopping in your store? 

Also, you guys should stop running ads ( if you're running any) and focus on social media marketing for the time being! Once you've come up with a great store, then guys can definitely go for paid advertising! Let me know if we can be of any help to you! 

I'm from CedCommerce - a team of coders and marketing enthusiasts who help eCommerce entrepreneurs with store set-up and customizations! 

We'll be happy to assist you with any kind of customization; add-ons or planning out sales/marketing/social media strategy! 

As a Shopify store owner, you need to know the course of your journey !

It's going to help you throughout your time in the eCommerce! 

Ps. We're just a message away!

Wish you luck with your Shopify store journey! Cheers! .-. 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you for your advice. I stop paying for ads to focus on the website. I actually found someone to help me redesign the store. Also yes  I have a logo so the person who redesign the store would do it for us. So thanks everyone for the advice! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
299 11 62

Hi @Whitney4 welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. Add Wishlist to your website. They are a great way to alert customers about a sale, drive traffic to your site. Also you can do more target oriented email campaigns. Also Add to Cart and Checkout Page needs to have a bit more planning - like giving users a visual checkout process, and option to continue shopping from the checkout page.

There are too many products on your home page. If you overwhelm the user with too much alien info/ too many choices, they will most likely drop out. Show a few featured products on the homepage, maybe your bestsellers and your new arrivals. Show everything else on the products page.

In the same vein, have you thought about adding product labels or banner to catch your users’ attention? These are kind of “mini banners” which can make your products like trending, bestseller, etc stand out. Apps like Modemagic can help you apply product labels on your images. 

4. As many as 85% of shoppers claim color to be a primary reason for buying a particular product I would recommend you to go through this blog on color psychology here

I hope this helps!

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes