Need help!

kieran6
4 0 0

I have been struggling for a while now to resolve an issue with integrating my shopify store to facebook and instagram as my request was declined. Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 19.23.00.png

if someone knows how to resolve this issue i would appreciate your help so much. Ive had a shopify expert look over the account and make sure everything is okay and been on countless chats but got no where. Facebook keep telling me the band width will open in the future, i have been waiting 3 months and had no luck. Please Please help!

Cheers. 

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
895 97 203

Hey, @kieran6 

Since Facebook and Instagram are separate platforms, Shopify does not have the ability to control the review process of who they allow/disallow to use their platform for selling. It seems like you have already requested an appeal for your store and they declined it. At this point, you would not be eligible. However, I would suggest clicking the link in that message they sent to you regarding their "Commerce Eligibility Requirements" to learn more about their rules.

If you have not yet, Facebook has a link here that you can visit to set up an Instagram Tagging Appeal. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
kieran6
4 0 0

Hi,

@Dirk Is it just a give up situation then? as in will i ever get accepted?

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
895 97 203

You're in a situation that you will be unable to use their features unless Facebook changes their eligibility requirements policy or that you go through the policy and ensure your business meets the requirements. I would say it would be best to consider other sales channels to sell your products. With that said, you can still have a social presence on both Facebook and Instagram to lead visitors to your online store. You just won't have the integrated shopping capabilities within their platforms.

0 Likes
kieran6
4 0 0

Okay so if i read through and make sure i'm meeting all there criteria how do then appeal it and get my store approved? Or get my store looked over so that i can use their services. I have seen numerous/tones of people having the same issue and some have resolved it. The whole reason i created a shopify store was to use facebook as an advertising platform. What is the best suggestion going forward?

cheers

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
895 97 203

I totally understand where you are coming from. Unfortunately, Shopify does not have the authority to approve/deny merchants who are applying to use a feature on a third-party platform (Facebook and Instagram). They have complete control over their approvals.

If you have not yet, Facebook has a link here that you can visit to start an Instagram Tagging Appeal.

0 Likes