Need sales

Shopify Partner
1 0 0

hi everyone!  So I have been using Shopify for about a year now and still not able to get many sales.  I changed up my store up in April if this year and still seem to struggle.  I have used Google Ad Words and spent a lot of money and stopped using them.  Now I market myself through Facebook and Instagram.  I am getting traffic to my site but no sales.  If you could please give me some feedback on my store that would be wonderful.   I am also planning on changing the theme of my store.  Website:

www.sayitproudly.com

Thanks so much in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
474 27 67

Hi, Rana. 

This is Dallas from the Social Care team here at Shopify. 

Thank you for sending the link to your store. That is very helpful.

A few things I wanted to point out that you did before I really dive into how to increase sales is the fact that you have an About Us and a Contact Page which is wonderful! Another thing is that you have an announcement bar with the 30% off code for your customers to easily see; fabulous. 

However, there are a few things that I noticed that I think could be adjusted to help you increase your sales. 

First things first, I suggest increasing the size of the text in your logo so that it is easier to read by your customers. 

For your home page, you will want to add a few other things to capture your customer's attention. If you add a hero banner with a call to action button that can capture the eye visually while also directing your customers where they can purchase. 

These two sites are some that relate to your store that you could look at for inspiration:

This link will have more stores that you may want to look at for further inspiration.

Another thing you may want to do is to remove the large list of items that you have on the home page. It will be better to have a couple of products that you think could really sell well and feature them instead. On home pages, it is always better to have feature items rather than a list.

The menu on the side is fine, however, I recommend nesting all of the countries in a drop-down menu. This will help to make your menu smaller, easier to read, and more organized. This help doc will show you how to do that. 

I also noticed that some of the countries don't have any products in them. If that is just temporary I would keep the products in the collection with a sign that that says "Sold Out" rather than having them disappear when inventory hits '0'. However, if you don't have any of the products for that country, and won't in the near future, I would remove that country as an option entirely. It could be annoying for customers to look through all of the categories to see if there is anything available. In the end, they may decide not to keep looking for countries with products and may just leave your site, which is not the desired result. 

You have an Instagram page that you are adding photos pretty constantly to, which is great. However, I recommend adding more photos that are not just of the product. You have some text photos, but I would add more lifestyle photos. Historically speaking, Instagram pages with a lot of text images don't do as well as pages with lifestyle images. Instagram is like a big picture book with some amazing and beautiful photos in it. You will want to try and work on a specific aesthetic and color choice to help your customers be drawn to the items they could be interested in looking at. 

These articles should help you come up with ideas of what to post: 

You said that you are creating ads with Instagram and Facebook which is great, but you will want to make sure that the ads are fully targeted properly. You will want to think about who your target market is by age, gender, location, and interest to help make sure that your ads are being shown to the people who are more likely to actually buy them. The more specific you are at targeting to a niche the better

A great resource to also look into is finding social media influencers to help market your products. Not only will this distribute photos of your products to a wider audience without you having to do the work directly, it will also help show your future customers that others have purchased your products. In a way, this acts as advertising and a product review all in one. 

This article will give you a more in detail view of how that works.

Another thing to look into is to have an email capture to increase your marketing audience. Apps like Mail Chimp do a really good job at capturing and organizing the emails. Then when you are ready to actually create an email to send out you can make some visually and aesthetically functional email marketing campaigns for free. 

I know this is a lot of information, but if you follow these steps I think you will find you have more success with sales and conversions. 

If you have any future questions please don't hesitate to reach out again! Our support is here 24/7 to help you at any time

Dallas,
Shopify Social Care

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1657 23 168

Hello,

You can add refund policies in your store menu section or anywhere in Your website, It helps for you- visitors trust on your store.
You don't have contact us page? The initial 10 seconds of a site hit are when potential visitors are destined to leave a site. Truth be told 55 percent of visitors leave sites inside 15 seconds of arriving at them, This means if a potential client visits your site searching for a contact number or an address, you have room schedule-wise it takes to skim to the base of the page before they proceed onward. Neglecting to have contact data, or notwithstanding making it fairly hard to discover inside the site, could cost you indispensable seconds, and presumably a client. So I suggest you can add contact us page.
And you can use Google Webmaster Tools, it helps you to increase of sales.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes