Need some critique!

Highlighted
Tourist
6 1 3

Good evening group,

I recently started a store and it is now live. I have been trying my best to do the necessary things such as SEO and submitting my store's sitemap to google console, scanning the net for keywords.... I'm sure y'all know the drill. Well, one thing that I am not sure about is the look of site and how it seems from someone else's perspective. I've asked family, but I don't think the are being truthful, afraid to hurt my feelings perhaps?

Well, I would really appreciate some feedback on it, and be as truthful (brutal, if you will) as you'd like. I have some pretty tough skin!!

Here's the link to my store:

https://emilyrosecouture.com/

Thanks in advance and happy selling!!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
105 27 26

Hi @LostinSpace1 ,

Dani here from Shopify!

Thanks for writing in today! I don't think your family was being dishonest - your site looks really good! There's just a few suggestions I'd make -

The first thing I always notice is product photography on a store. I love seeing a cohesive look for the entire brand. Right now it looks like you may be using a combination of your own photography with stock photos. I'd take a look through our complete guide for DIY photography here.

Your customers want to know who they're purchasing from and how they can relate on a personal level. They want to know you! I'd suggest adding a photo to your About Us page, and include a bit more of your personality into the copy. However, I'd actually remove the photo from your contact us page. This photo doesn't say anything about your brand so it seems a bit out of place. Plus, it's causing the layout to come out askew.

It sounds like you've already been very succesful on Etsy and Amazon! Do you have any reviews from these platforms? Customer Reviews are one of the best way to build trust with your customers. I'd consider adding our free Product Reviews app to your store so that customers can share their awesome experience with others and build confidence in their purchase. Continuing with the building trust theme, an FAQ page in your footer would be a great hub for questions regarding sizing, shipping, returns, etc.

How are you planning to market your store? I personally think Instagram would be a great sales channel to grow your business! If you're interested, we have a free course on using Instagram to scale on our Shopify Academy.

Please ask away any further questions you may have! I'd be happy to continue helping you.

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

2 Likes
Astronaut
749 46 171

Hi , 

I have reviewed your store and first impression of store is good but I can confront you to some of the things in a very simple way, it will help you in improving UI and overall functionalities to become more user friendly and eventually leads to sales.

1. You can add a favicon on the website ref this article from shopify here, it’s simple and will help strengthen your brand.
  2. For engaging new customers, add a section of best-selling products, instead of categories.

You can add social media links, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram on the site footer. 
  3. For some sales in the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a separate sale page for discounted products.

4. Also, You have around 150 products and  visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also your search page is bit off and empty https://emilyrosecouture.com/search?q=. Don't you think if suggestions are offered to searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

5. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
    Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like

Dear LostinSpace1,

Congratulation for your store. We have gone through your store and hope the following suggestion will help you.

1. Optimize your store loading speed for mobile and desktop

2. Design can be more better and organized

3. Optimize your each product landing page

4. Optimize your store for SEO

5. Use Facebook and Instagram Shop for sale
6. Add blog section

7. Need to work on cart page

There are other areas you need to work

Need more experts tips? Please find experts here: https://www.mswebdesigner.com/products/get-expert-guidance

Thanks & Regards

MS Web Designer

Official Shopify Experts & Partner

20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
E-mail: hello@mswebdesigner.com
1 Like
Tourist
6 1 3

Hello all,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will be taking notes on your suggestions and will be working on them.

Thanks again, and hope you have a great weekend ahead!

1 Like
Tourist
6 1 3

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to look into, and providing me with some feedback. I will be looking into some of the suggestions you presented and try to implement them.

Thank you and may you have a great weekend ahead!

1 Like
Astronaut
749 46 171

Thanks for your kind words. Happy to help you.
Let me know if you need any help.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
488 25 99

Hi @LostinSpace1 

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

After looking I couldn't find a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

I wasn't able to find a FAQ section. If your customer can't find an answer to their questions they may not buy from you. Adding an FAQ section will help to add trust, and make it so your customer doesn't need to leave your site, to find an answer to their question.

Also I noticed that you don't have a blog. A blog could be used to drive more traffic to your store, and you could also use it to recommend potential products that your customer could buy.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

Another thing you might want to add is an always visible buy button. Every extra step that a customer has to go through, makes it more likely for them not to buy from you. If you are getting a lot of customers coming to your store, but not buying, one of the reasons might be that it is just a bit too hard. If you can make your buy button always visible (especially important when people are on their phones), it can help more of your customers want to buy from you, I wrote an app that can help with that https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales .

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

Just so you know (I had to do it), I wrote a series of emails https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course that might help you with some tips for making your store better (I get into the weeds there).

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes