Need your feedback friends, New to this. Many thanks!

AllAgeGames
Excursionist
14 0 2

Hey friends, i am new to shopify :). I have never made a website before really new to this, if you could please give feedback on my store it would be really appreciated anything you have that comes to mind that may help in making it better for us all to use.

www.allagegames.com

Thanks so much, Highly appreciated. 

All Age Games

Hi @AllAgeGames ,

Could you give us your store URL? I'll take a look & let you know my recommendations 😄Oh I see it now!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
0 Likes
AllAgeGames
Excursionist
14 0 2

Hi mate thanks for the message i just noticed i had left that out i have now updated the ad thank you.

0 Likes

Hi @AllAgeGames,

I've spent a few minutes on your store and I must say that it looks great. The contrast is good with an attractive badge Free Shipping, I'd love to buy one if I own a Playstation. By the way, I noticed some glitches that you can easily fix to improve visitor experience on your store.

image.png

The content here should be left aligned to increase legibility & make it easier for your visitors to read.

image.png

You may consider starting to build your brand awareness by adding a favicon for your store. It will definitely make your store look more professional. You can quickly check Shopify guide here (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-settings/add-favicon)

image.png

The price here is pretty small compared to its surrounding objects. It should be bigger so your visitors can scan the price of products faster.

image.png

It seems like visitors can't write a review here. How would they know if the rating is real? I encourage you to add an area for visitors to write a review or to see the previous reviews of each product.

image.png

This image here looks kinda blurry, I believe it should be fixed too.

Furthermore, I think there are a lot of things you can experiment with your new store. I highly recommend you to take a look at other competitors in the industry to see if we've missed anything. I've found one reference here, hope it will help (https://www.dkoldies.com/)

Wish you get more sales in the future, please do let me know if you have any questions 😊

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2419 141 439

Hello @AllAgeGames, Here is the feedback for your store:-

1. Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

-Slideshow Image with a call to action button it.

-Collection List  

-Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) I would only use 4

-Testimonials

-Newsletter sign up box

2. Add favicon. It adds legitimacy to your site and helps boost your online branding as well as trust from potential consumers. Add social media links to build a social media presence. 

3. You should maximize engagement on your store. It will help you to capture visitors and convert them into customers and result in more sales. Add a chatbot. Give customers instant answers 24/7 with the help of the live ChatBotYou can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

4. Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not on your store and bring back the losing customer to your store.

5. Add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.

5. Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.

To implement the marketing tools on your store. I would recommend you to install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app.  Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
AllAgeGames
Excursionist
14 0 2

Thanks so much in taking your time in replying to me, i really appreciate it mate. I have taken on board everything you have said, If you can have another look at let me know what you think? About changing the price size in collections how do i do that to make it look larger as you said it is really small and hard to see. With the reviews do i add an app? to do that cheers mate appreciate it 

0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

Welcome to the world of Shopify, All Age Games!

I really enjoy the theme of your store. It’s simple, straight-forward and clear. In my opinion, you’re already ahead of the game here. 

A few things to consider right off the bat:

1. Prepare for an international audience and mention the currency. Yes, it would be obvious that it’s AUD since you’re in Australia. However, when you’re dealing with international visitors, clarity is key. It would be nice to automatically adjust to the visitor’s geographic currency as well. Or at the very least, include the currency for each product page.
  2. Expand your shipping information. You mention nothing of international shipping on your shipping page. I also was a bit confused why you would include “shipping calculated at checkout” on product pages if you only provide free shipping to Australia. Make it crystal clear to all your visitors what to expect for shipping costs (and time?) before they get to the shopping cart. 
  3. Promote those reviews: Right now, the lack of star rankings give me pause and makes me a little nervous that you aren’t legit. I would suggest adding a product review request in your purchase confirmation email and following up with your customers after the purchase to check in on the purchase and (again) ask for a product review. 
  4. Give your social media some love. On every product page, you have the same “About us” messaging, but your link to your Facebook page isn’t working. Use social icons to help get people to your social accounts. 
  5. Are you going to build out more options? When I look at your “About” page, I see so many more gaming system options. However, your website only offers two. Especially as a Nintendo fan myself, I would love to see more options available online. You could ask a poll to see if anyone is interested in buying from these other gaming systems or at least help you prioritize getting the inventory online. 
  6. Do you have a logo? Right now it looks just like text, which may be your actual logo. It’s unclear. If you have a logo, use it! 

It’s all going to come down to your visitors and what they think. In my experience, your visitors will be the ones to tell you what works or not. I think heatmaps would really help your store. Heatmaps show you exactly where your visitors are clicking (or not), including on drop-downs and pop-ups.

Heatmaps will help you evaluate your “Account” link. I’m not sure what that means or how it benefits the customer (Can they buy without creating an account? Why would they want to login to it?). If your heatmaps show very little activity on it, you may want to rethink how you position it on your website. 

Don’t forget about giving visitors ways to contact you! Right now your only method is a contact phone. Phone numbers tend to scare people away from submitting it, so I would highly suggest different methods. I usually suggest having phone, email and chat connections available.

Chat would let you connect with visitors and ask them to chat if you see that they’re getting stuck. If someone’s lingering on your shipping page and from outside of Australia, you can ask them to chat to answer their shipping questions.Visitors love it, and you will love it too.

Lucky Orange has heatmaps, polls and chat (among other features) bundled into each free trial and plans. You don’t need a credit card to give it a try. If you decide to move to a paid plan, it’s just $10/month. 

All Age Games, you really have a great start here. Good luck with your store.

Cheers!
Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
AllAgeGames
Excursionist
14 0 2

Thanks mate appreciate it dearly, At the moment we are only selling within Australia. But are subject to one day go international. With how you said about "bit confused why you would include “shipping calculated at checkout” on product pages" i also believe what your saying is VERY correct how do i go about editing that bit out i have looked for a while to find a way but have not found a solution in doing so, could you explain how to do it for me? please.

About building out we are deffs going ahead in adding more platforms to the collections which will include Nintendo etc. I have updated my logo back to my original one. Do you think its to plain? appreciate your time in replying with such awesome detail. You have a friend in me mate cheers

0 Likes
Sudipta
Shopify Expert
277 13 55

Hi,  

I have gone through your site. Though it looks good, there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales.

Logo & Favicon :

Logo & Favicon -- Your logo should highlight your brand name. Add a favourite icon so users can locate your webpage easily.

HEADER & FOOTER :

1. Header -- Have a sticky header and a clear smart search bar to help users locate the products they're looking for.Also a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator must have features. Login icon must be there for buyer account creation before purchasing.
  2. Footer -- Optimize your footer with more professional and functional look and also highlight your newsletter sign up so people who follow your brand will receive more updates about promotions and sales. There are legal policy pages which are missing in the footer that must be included for authenticity and security purpose

HOMEPAGE :

A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive.

1. Banners & Branding -- Add hero banner with prompt CTA buttons that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc
  2. Color, Font & Branding -- Over All Text, Font , Paragraph , Alignment , Spacing , Padding etc should be more elegant so that your store looks well-organized, neat and visually appealing. Maintain the same or similar colors and fonts throughout your store to keep your  branding intact 
  3. Featured Collection -- Add all the top featured collection on the homepage so users know the type of products you're selling on your store.
  4. Featured / Bestseller products -- Engage your customers by letting them know the bestseller products on your store                                     
  5. Testimonials -- They add to the trust factor as when customers see what other buyers have to say about your products, it makes them more sure about your brand.
  6. Highlight your USP -- What's unique about your brand that none of the other Shopify merchants have? This needs to be highlighted in your store presentation, features & more.
  7. Trust Badge on Home Page -- This is important as this helps to build trust and assures your customers that your brand is authentic

COLLECTION PAGE :

Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer.

1. Banner adding on Collection page -- Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners
  2. Product filter for easy navigation -- Categorize & filter products by their size, color or type so users find product to product navigation easy.
  3. Product Label -- Product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’ must be there must be there for the ease of the buyer
  4. Product Showcasing -- Clear product title and description , high quality images , reviews , related products , color swatch function, grey effect for sold out products , product labels . All these features make your store much more convenient, authentic, easy to use and user friendly.
    Example of Good Collection Page

PRODUCT PAGE :

1. Features like custom swatches, product zoom in, product reviews, unique product titles/descriptions and  cart drawer that will make your product page more interactive and user-friendly.
  2. You Can Add Sticky Add to cart / Buy Now Bar on Your Product Page : Demo Example

This floating bar on the product page makes it impossible for your customers to miss checkout with the always visible Sticky Add to Cart Bar. Here the user can quickly select the variants, sizes and quantities for their order and checkout directly. You can use this app Cart2Sale ‑ Sales Booster
    Example of Good Product Page

CART PAGE :

1. Sticky Buy now or add to cart button ,Sticky cart -- A Sticky Cart feature or sticky checkout bar reduces cart abandonment and engages the customer in your store.
  2. Functionality Of Cart Page -- Discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc.  for personalizing your customer's shopping experience on the cart page. You to try our all-in-one app, Cart2Sale ‑ Sales Booster

Example of Good Cart Page

INTEGRATIONS :

1. Social Media Link -- Include links to your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or any other social media business pages.
  2. Proper integration of Google Analytics, Facebook store, Instagram store, google search console -- These features will help you track and analyze how customers interact with your store.
  3. Proper setup shipping, taxes -- Set up shipping and taxes options for different areas/countries or for particular products.
  4. Google shopping -- Let your users easily discover & buy your products with Google smart shopping marketing campaigns.

App Integration :

Try This App - Cart2Sale ‑ Sales Booster .
11-in-1 App to Maximize your Sales and Conversion

1. Sticky Add to Cart Bar and Buy Now Button
  2. Sticky Checkout Bar
  3. Sticky Cart Icon
  4. Quick Buy Button
  5. Free Shipping Bar
  6. I Agree to the Terms and Conditions Checkbox
  7. Gift Wrapping
  8. Delivery Date Picker
  9. How Did You Know About Us
  10. Additional Cart Notes
  11. Trust Badges

Please check our fully functional Demo Store

Hope these suggestions are useful for you. Wish you many more sales in the future. If you have any queries, do let me know here.

Good luck!

Sudipta 
MS Web Designer | Task4Store
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1000+ Happy Clients

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey All Age Games.

Everything from the favicon to the Central banner looks quite professional. The checkout process is clean as well. Apart from it, Other keen observations about store improvement are as follows:

1. "About All-Age Games and Contact All-Age Games" can be replaced by "About Us" and "Contact Us" respectively to be more precise.
  2. "Attractive discounts or Free shipping" offers can be easily highlighted by using a unique header template.
  3. Better social connectivity can be facilitated by adding some social links like Instagram, Twitter, Linked in, etc to the site footer.
  4. "Brand promotion" is better possible only if you add Instagram images to the site footer.
  5. Decisiveness of the customer can be improved if you add product reviews below each item.
  6. Modification of logo is required by changing font style and adding an impression of graphics as well.
  7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  8. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here. 
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Wish the store performs well in the days to come.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes