Need your help: Conversions & future steps!

Solved
Warmscapes
Excursionist
15 1 3

Hi everyone, 

I hope everyone is doing well.

I started a Christian Apparel Website (www.warmscapes.com) in mid-march and I was planning to use SEO as a free option for marketing. I know I've read it takes about 6 months for SEO to work but what is your experience on this? 

I've also ran two ad campaigns (each with 2-4 ad sets) at $5 a day for 5 days. For the first campaign, I interfered with the ad sets so I restarted Facebook's algorithm. For the second campaign, I tried to use interest based targeting (e.g. Interested in Contemporary Christian Music, Parents of Young kids - between 18 -34 year old females). Both campaigns were under the objective - Conversions. However, I didn't get much post engagement - maybe 3 - 15 likes depending on the advertisement - reach and impressions were about 800 to 1200. 

My site also doesn't have enough traffic for Google Analytics or Facebook to generate enough information about my audience. Right now, my custom audience on Facebook is below 1000.

So I am just wondering what should be my next step? Should I create another advertising campaign? 

Any feedback would be appreciated! 

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
733 73 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Warmscapes,

Hyde here from Shopify. Congratulations on taking the step towards an online business and setting up your store!

There are a few things you may want to consider on the site itself to make sure you're really giving your customers a fantastic experience, so I'm providing you with
resources for considering your customer's journey through your store, from the moment they land to the moment they (hopefully) make a purchase:

- 3 strategies for improving user experience

- eCommerce - UX

You'll want to also look at your content (ie. how you're sharing your brand mission and message far and wide). So here are some ways and means of approaching that:

- 11 ways to step up your content marketing game

- Marketing to millennials

You'll notice that the recurring motif is to create original and innovative content to capture your customer. Two ways to do this are:

- Create blogs: this is super important and here's why.

- Add a video to your store - people respond to moving images and this is why it's important.

You mentioned that you are using paid advertising, but there's no point pouring money into ads that can be a waste of money if you don't target the right people. 

There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here.

I would highly recommend this SEO ChecklistHere is a really helpful guide on how to get started with this. I also have more general information on that here. I have a few more steps that you can take for good SEO here:

* Submit your sitemap to Google.
* A Beginner’s Guide to Content Marketing.
* Ecommerce SEO 101 Video Series.
* Find out more about blogs.

Here’s how you can look up keywords to help boost your site’s ranking.

*Blogs on Facebook Ads and Sales:*

Another resource that I would hugely recommend is an app called KIT. KIT is a virtual employee for your Shopify store. It helps drive sales by doing everything from creating highly-targeted Facebook ad campaigns, to sending personal thank-you emails to customers, to handling the other apps that you use to manage your store. I really think this is something that would be beneficial for you, and your store as a way to increase your traffic. You can check it out here.

I hope this all helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Gari
Shopify Partner
188 15 40

Hi @Warmscapes 

Welcome to Shopify! I am not a marketeer so won't be able to dive deep into marketing stats. But here are some suggestions to structure your approach - 

• firstly, keep experimenting with your ad campaigns. You will not know how they will perform till you actually try them out. But ads cost money, so my suggestion is that you should try more organic reachouts first - get in touch with relevant communities over blogs/fb groups or insta posts. Get a pulse of what people get attracted to - respond to better and then use that as the direction for the ad campaigns. 
  • I would suggest reaching out to stores with a similar concept (or similar line of products) and check with them personally about what might work better. They will be able to tell you from their experience.
  • you can also use your blogs as a way of reaching out to shoppers and bringing in the right kind of traffic. That way they are more likely to convert.
  • I think you can check some things on your website as well to make it look amazing - 
    • make the top nav bar fixed
    • your icon is hardly visible (you might want to redesign/ bring some more clarity as the logo is what people will identify your brand with)
    • add a few reviews/testimonials of people who have shopped your brand
    • adding a bit of social proofing or highlighting some sales and offers are also a good way of capturing the shopper's attention. There are apps on shopify that will help you do this.

Do let me know if this is useful for you.

Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!

Gari

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Warmscapes
Excursionist
15 1 3

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. I already have a blog on my website but I will make that clearer! 

Based on your feedback, I decided to redesign the logo so that it is much clearer!

Baby steps!  

Take care. 

0 Likes
Warmscapes
Excursionist
15 1 3

Hi Droppesstop,

Thank you for the encouragement and the advice.

I am definitely thinking of adding a live chat and trying to invest into SEO. 

The only concern I have with social reviews as I do not have any customers yet. I am going to run an ad campaign soon so fingers crossed! 

Cheers :).

0 Likes