New Fitness Store

1 0 0

Hi guys,

This is my first store in the fitness niche, My first approach was to create a store for women who goes to the gym and does yoga classes and fitness in general and sometimes workout from home as well so the products I have chose are for these customers in mind.

I created this store just to understand the dynamic of ecommerce and dropshipping. I am currently thinking creating a new one, more focus in one product/solution rather than a niche. What you think guys?  Give me your feedback, please!

It will be really valuable for me to understand what I should have done better and what I should pay more attention in order to implement in the next store. 

My website: 

www.bodiesfitclub.com 

Best,

Francisco

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
241 27 51

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. There are two parts to your question, the first is some site critique and what you could have done better with your site design, and the second is whether it's better to sell in a niche or focus on a single product. I'll do my best to give a little feedback on both! 

Site Critique 

• Everything appears to be on sale. If everything is discounted, then nothing is discounted. It's always a smarter approach to have some featured reductions for bargain hunters! 
  • The site needs to be proofread as there are a number of spelling and grammatical errors from what I could see. This will make your site seem amateurish. 
  • Your social links in your footer take the customer away from your website. It would be better if these opened in a new window. 
  • You could spend more time communicating to the customer exactly what your business is aiming to do, what problem you are attempting to solve. 

Niche Critique

• Are there many competitors in this space offering similar products? 
  • Can the customer search for similar products and find them cheaper elsewhere? 
  • Are you making it easier for the customer to solve their problem, and what is the problem you are solving in the niche? 

When it comes to a single product business versus a niche, the same principle will always apply: where is the demand? Have you proven that there is a demand for the product or within the niche? Have you researched/tested this with your target market? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like

Hi @FranciscoSeixas 

I feel like if you niche down to 4-24 products you would do well. I can see just how much effort you put into some of the product descriptions and that is awesome. Also better chance of being laser focused on selling the smaller amount of products and you can do blogs , social media posts etc targeting people that love that niche. 

Home Page: Couple things I'd change here in order 

• Slideshow Image (1 only) 
  • Collection List 
  • Testimonials 
  • Something interesting 
  • Popular Products (4-8 Max) 
  • Instagram Feed

That would flow the home page well. 

Overall great job I'm really impressed my the effort that went into some of the product descriptions

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

10,000 Reasons To Get A FREE Website Review HERE

1 Like
Highlighted

Dear FranciscoSeixas,

Congratulation for your store. We have gone through your store and hope the following suggestion will help you.

1. Optimize your page loading speed for specifically for Mobile

2. Add some real customer reviews either text or video

3. You have to optimize your store as per SEO

4. You have missed lots of feature in Product page (Please check: https://www.mswebdesigner.com/pages/product-page-1)

5. Add blog section to your store

There are other areas you need to work

Need more experts tips? Please find experts here: https://www.mswebdesigner.com/products/get-expert-guidance

Thanks & Regards

MS Web Designer

Official Shopify Experts & Partner

20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
E-mail: hello@mswebdesigner.com
Shopify Marketplace: https://experts.shopify.com/ms-webservices
1 Like
Shopify Partner
438 19 51

Hey, I just went through your store, It almost took half a minute to load. I think you need to work on speed optimization. This might happen due to too many apps. In case if this is the reason, get rid of them and shift to an all-in-one app like Aitrillion. I am sure it will help. 

You need to work on the customer engagement part. I will suggest you add pop-ups, chatbots, reviews, and other marketing tools along with the newsletter to increase the traffic on a daily basis on your website. Also, increasing customer engagement will make your website more interactive which will help you in conversions and retaining your customers. I have a few suggestions you should work on-

• The footer menu contains "follow us" but no social media links, get them When you use any social media platform in the right way, it has the ability to bring a large amount of traffic to a website. The positive impact of Social Media is quite evident in brand awareness, brand loyalty, and customer service as well.
  • I noticed that you do not have an About Us page, it is, however. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers.
  • Make use of pop-ups to greet your customers. I would personally recommend you to go for a 45-sec-pop-up at the entry. Conversion rates for pop-ups are high and the most surprising discovery is that the pop up doesn't increase bounce rate at all. This is ample time for your audience to get hooked by your content, whilst also being quick enough to catch skimmers before they leave.
  •  I would recommend you to add a review button on your homepage so that every new visitor can get a glance.

Create an engaging and interactive website- Engaged and loyal customers, can lead to an increase and repeat sales and also eventually lower down your cost of acquisition.

• Make use of push notifications, which allows you to send push notifications in real-time to the user's browser. Engage customers will lead to an increase in repeat customers.
  • Chatbots in your business is that they save time. For instance, when used on your website they can provide fast, automated answers to most questions. This will engage your customers and prevent customers from waiting for a day or longer to receive responses as they would have in the past.

Aitrillion offers all the above-mentioned features you should give it a try.

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
1 Like