New Gift Shop Requires Your Feedback Please

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

Hi there

Thanks for taking the time to review my online store: https://drumgreenagh.com/

First impressions and easily navigation counts so dying to hear your constructive feedback.

Thank you community!

Karen

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
294 32 57

Hey there, @karensshop 

First off, I really like what you've done with the homepage. Your menu is dedicated to your collections which helps customers find exactly what they need in a timely manner. You do a great job with product imagery and letting your brand voice shine through in your 'Ethics' section.

One area I see room for improvement is within your individual product pages. I would recommend reading over our article on How to Optimize Your Product Pages For More Sales. The article covers 11 different ways on how you can spruce up your product pages to increase sales.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2
I appreciate the time you've taken. Thanks Dirk.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Karensshop, 
I have just visited your website. Overall, it is quite beautiful and professional. You put a lot of effort into building it, right? Here are some feedbacks to make it better.

1. Homepage

- Add the Testimonial section to build the trust of customers. Actually, when your website visitors see that others love and appreciate your products, they are more willing to make their purchases.

2. Build your Contact us page

You should create your contact us page which shows your contact options such as your address, telephone, contact form. It is a good way to build the trust of customers. The easier people can connect with you, the more they are willing to build your products. 
3. Product page

- Add the Customer Review section on your product pages. The opinions from other customers have big impact on the buying decision of your customers. 
- Consider to put your product description into tabs. So your website visitors can easily and quickly click on it to read the product description. It also help your product description show professionally. 

aa.png

They are just some of my comments. I need to leave now. But if you have more questions on other pages type, you can leave your question is this topic, I'll be sure to answer :) 

https://community.shopify.com/c/Feedback-On-My-Store/Shopify-Store-Design-Q-amp-A-Feedback-To-Your-S...

- Tips to optimize website loadspeed: academy.pagefly.io/how-to-speed-up-website

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2
Thanks a million Victor, yes I put a good bit of time into it, but every
day I see improvements that could be made. I appreciate your review.

Are the tabs for the product description section something I can do myself?
Do you have any instructions? Or is that something I need to pay someone to
code?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
118 21 82

Hi Karen!

I like a lot of your little touches that you’ve added. For example, sorting by budget and material is fantastic. Your personal shopper option and shipping information is hands-down awesome.

A few things that need updating ASAP:

• Biggest issue: I wasn’t able to get any of your drop-downs collections to work other than ALL for Wall Art, Homeware, Jewellery and Kids. I see you’re changing your website right now, so hopefully that’s fixed soon. 
  • Your contact email in your footer isn’t linked.
  • Make sure your social media links open in a new tab; currently they open in the same tab. 
  • You need to add a CTA to your sliding header images. 

And a few things to add:

• Live chat - Customers with questions don’t have to wait a few hours for you to respond to an email; they get their answers while they are on your site. 
  • You need to add a currency localization option. 
  • Generate reviews - add in a review request in your purchase confirmation email and any post-purchase follow-up emails. 

Visitor behavior will help you refine other areas of your site, too. 

Let’s take your homepage. Heatmaps, which show you where people click or how far they scroll, would be able to tell you if people are jumping to your categories lower in the page. If you’re running ad campaigns on Google or social media, you could evaluate if different traffic engages differently as well.

Session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, would show you if people are interested in your special offers or if it would be better displayed in a different way. You can evaluate your navigation and see exactly what your customers are seeing. 

Visitor behavior can mean the difference between a good change and a change that you didn’t really need to make. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, chat and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start at US $10/month. 

Good luck, Karen! I can’t wait to see your website and business grow. 

Cheers -
Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted
Pathfinder
85 4 29

Hi @karensshop ,

Love the concept for your store!  When you're just starting out, I always think its helpful to SEE examples of what really great stores in your industry look like.  One of my favorite gift guide setups is FARFETCH

They do a great job organizing their content into easy to navigate sections across their site.  Hope its great inspiration for your store 

Tired of having high traffic but no sales?
Learn how to increase your conversion rate with this Step by Step Guide
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1952 122 432

Hey Drumgreenagh,
You have a "nice looking store", you've done a great job. Apart from the above-mentioned points, I do have a few suggestions to make it look even better:

1. Including"promo offers" using a "bold unique header template" and a "catchy tag-line" like "Hurry! Complimentary luxury soap free on every purchase, Offer ends today." OR "Last chance" to get Complimentary luxury soap free on every purchase, " as a part of your store header can encourage people to take you up on the offer.
  2. " Twitter is a powerful tool for all ecommerce store owners".Hence, should be added alongwith Linked In to the footer social links to enhance store connectivity.
  3. More images should be added to the "About Us" section to add some expression and feeling to it.
  4. Add the "Home" button to the beginning of the header menu to make it look complete.
  5. "Amazon pay and Paypal" can be added to the payment methods to provide a variety of payment options to customers.
  6.  You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  7. Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  8. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

I really wish this new start leads you to a better and farther end to lead.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
251 19 66

Hi @karensshop ,

Congratulations on your new store. I've taken a look at your store. Nice collection. I've some suggestions for improvement and to increase the conversion rate.

1. Add Home button at the starting of the main menu.

2. Add 'New Arrivals' section in home page to help customers keep updated on new products.

3. Some sub-menus are giving 404 page even there are products in the main menu section.

Example: There are earrings in JEWELLERY > All section but no products in JEWELLERY > Earrings. Similarly KIDS > All contains slippers but KIDS > Slippers menu page is not listing any products but giving 404 page. 

4. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

5. Add Contact Us page for better customer interaction.

6. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.

7. Try to maintain the same image size while listing all products. 

8. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.

I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 60 results indexed by Google. But your website has 239+ pages. Everyone knows search is the most effective way to acquire customers and drive traffic. Natural search draws way more traffic than Social media. To appear in search results though, Google has to first find your website content. You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

Thanks Victor

I do have "contact us" listed at the footer of the page, where I noticed most big sites had this detail.  Do you think it needs edited?

I definitely agree I need tabs in the product description. I'm not sure it is something I can do myself so was hoping to make some money through sales in order to pay someone to do this! So unless you are aware of a way...

I really appreciate you having taken the time to review my site.

Karen

0 Likes