New Jewelry Site - No Revenue Yet

3 0 0

My site sells jewelry and watches. I know I still need to do a FAQ page and shipping policy. Other than that, I'd like to know if I'm overlooking anything and if the site design and colors are good. 

https://noontosix.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
11 0 0

Hey, your site looks great! I just launched something similar about 3 days ago id love to compare when you launch. Richieelhoussami@gmail.com id love to know when you get a sale and how you did it cuz i havent been able to make a sale. Maybe we can learn from each others experiences. 

Good luck 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
548 18 171

Hey!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Your site looks great, I do like the colours. There are a few things I'd improve to make things even better.

I would re-think your logo. It's small and doesn't stand out very well. We have a free logo generator, Hatchful which can create professional looking logo's that are eye-catching.

It will look better if all of your product images are the same size, even the ones that don't have backgrounds. At the moment, they are a variety of different sizes:

This guide has information on the recommended sizes. It's a good idea to ensure they are the same shape too which may involve cropping some of them. Likewise, I would make sure your collection images are the same shape and size:

Your slider images are really nice but make sure they are always properly featuring the watch. This one is cutting off the watch:

I agree with you, an FAQ page and Shipping Policy page are important. I'd also consider a Returns Policy. People can be nervous about purchasing in case they are not happy with the product. It can give them peace of mind if they know what to expect in this event. It's also important they can reach you quickly if their question is not already answered in your FAQ. Being able to email you is great but I'd recommend an additional communication method as well, such as an online chat app or the Facebook Messenger Channel. I personally like Messenger as you can also use it to sell products and it's quick and easy to get the messages on your phone when you're out and about and respond. If someone gets a prompt response to their initial query, it will give them confidence you will also respond quickly if something goes wrong with their order.

Have you created Social Media pages for your store yet? I would certainly create a Facebook page and an Instagram page. You can link them to your store footer by going to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Social Media. These pages will serve multiple purposes. When you grow your following, it provides Social Proof and gives you an audience you can market your products to. You can also create a Facebook Store and possibly use the Instagram Channel.

Instagram is a great platform for effectively marketing products without spending a lot on ads. My favourite resources include the blog post, Instagram Marketing 101: Using Hashtags, Stories, and More to Grow Your Business and our free Instagram Marketing course on Shopify Academy. I would recommend you subscribe to our blog because it is great for coming up with different ideas to market your business. Shopify Academy courses are always free and they are run by successful store owners.

What ideas have you come up with yourself for promoting your business and driving traffic to your store?

I'd love to hear how you get on. Keep in touch!

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks for the advice! I do need to connect my social pages, I almost forgot.

Is there a way to adjust the image sizes for the products to make them similar? I've been struggling to find a solution.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
548 18 171

Hey!

Aria again.

You can adjust the size of the image using the in-built image editor. To do that, you'd go to the product page in your admin and hover over the image You'll then see four icons appear. Click on the one that looks like a pencil and you'll get a box that looks like this:

You can then crop and resize. As far as cropping goes, you'll probably find it's easier to do that with an external tool then upload the images when they are all the same shape but you can certainly try it this way. You can find more information on using the Image Editor in this guide.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes