New Matcha Tea store just launched - would love some feedback

Matchame
32 0 0

Hi Shopify community,

About 2 days ago I launched my online store. It's a Japanese Matcha green tea store called Matcha Me.

I'd love some feedback on layout, usability, functionality etc from an online shopper perspective.

Matcha

Thanks,

Jared

0 Likes
Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2104 49 275

Hi Jared,

Website looks awesome, As you are selling green tea and the contrast you chose for the website is looking great. Easily navigable website. I suggest you to concentrate on getting the visitors to the website and how to do website promotion. Check out this link http://ecommerce.shopify.com/guides/ecommerce-seo-101

Best of Luck!!
Appfreaker

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Dashboard
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
0 Likes
True_Talon
Explorer
52 1 14

Hi Mate,

First of all can you fix the link in your post - you left the .au off the end. :)

Your website is one of the nicer ones I've seen lately - great photos.

I just had a few comments......

Yours is about the third site on the Shopify forum I've seen selling Green Tea - and none of them actually say the word "tea" in the top part of the website - although you do have it lower down the page. If you don't drink it, or like me had never seen it before, it looks like you're selling pea soup. However this might be an uneccessary criticism.....maybe I'm the only person on the planet not hip enough to know what it is just by sight.

If your template allows it, have the menu bar visible when you scroll down the page.

Remove the "Powered by Shopify" text at the bottom. Everyone (including myself) leaves this in at first, but you really want to get rid of it. I don't know why Shopify continue to put their ads on our websites.

You might want to compress your images a bit more. I use this SEO website to check my site's performance

https://website.grader.com

There's a lot of these SEO sites and they all give different "scores" but I went with this one since it's easy to understand and it's owned by HubSpot which is a $200 million dollar company. I figure they know what they are doing.

I guess you're using the Shopify generated Terms and Conditions which contains some very strange terms. I had to go through my one several times and I still not sure I fixed all the strange stuff in it so it's more understandable (and I've done Contract Law at college). Your one has this line for example -

"By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state"

A lot of customers won't know that "the age of majority" is over 18. Do you really need to be over 18 to buy tea?

I would change your "30g" to read "30 grams". At first I thought this was some sort of energy rating.

These are only small things (and my own site is not perfect that's for sure) but just something to consider.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of other comments - but overall you're off to a great start.

Regards,

Tony

True Talon - Knives and EDC Gear www.truetalon.com
0 Likes
Matchame
32 0 0

Hi Appfreaker,

Thanks for your feedback. My SEO, Social Media Presence, as well as general online presence are still a work in progress. I'll have a look over the videos this weekend and continue to improve everything.

Hi Tony,

Whoops! I've fixed the link...

I appreciate your honesty in your post. The more feedback the merrier.

I understand what you mean about including the word green tea, Matcha technically means green tea in Japanese though. Plus, there are 2.5 Million #matcha posts on instagram alone, and just over 1 million google searches for the term Matcha each month. I have included green tea in my SEO and in my adwords, so I should still be pulling people in with the word green tea.

In previous variations of my website, I had a sticky header as they are called. With the colours of the website and the small size, the sticky header just looked awkward. I may add this back in at a later date.

I'll have to edit the homepage liquid at some point to remove the Powered by Shopify. Not a big priority at the moment either, but definitely on my radar as something I want done. I'll replace the Powered by Shopify with a sitemap.

Haha, yeah the T's & C's are still a work in progress. I just used the Shopify automatic terms generator, which seems to give the most generic terms possible. That section is definitely a low priority at the moment, but I will fix that up when I get the chance.

Thanks,
Jared

0 Likes
Kate_Findlay
Tourist
9 0 1

I love it! Looks clean and wholesome, just like the tea. (I happen to have bought some today for the first time.) It's easy to navigate. I love the 'what is' section. Obviously it will be better when you have more recipes etc but uts a good start.

Kate

PS  I've just launched too. Would love feedback See Peach Perfect relaunch post  

0 Likes
Stacey_Lee
Excursionist
78 0 8

Hello Jared!

I'm actually very impressed with your site! 

Everything looks clean, the pages loaded really fast for me and the price seems quite reasonable too. 

I'd think your site is popular and legit if I was in the market for some macha :)

Loving the brand name too, good luck!

Shopify web designer
0 Likes
emawalker
5 0 0

I'm also running a coffee store on Shopify. My main category is Nespresso coffee for latte. Did you every try it?

0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1956 124 436

Hey Matcha Me,

A very "beautiful and lovely" store to look at. Apart from the above mentioned suggestions, follow the below-mentioned tips for better store optimization:

1. "Twitter and Linked In" should also be added to the site footer for better social connectivity.
  2. "Home button" should be added to the main menu for a "complete and logical look".
  3. A "BUY NOW" Button is an instant "Call to Action" which when added helps in simplifying the checkout process.
  4. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  5. Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  6. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Wish the store gains lots of appreciation in the coming time.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes