New Member here. Would you mind checking out my Store and give me some feedback?

SMArtistStudio
1 0 1

Hi all,

I'm really hoping this is the best place to post. I've just launched my Store and would absolutely love some feedback and any constructive criticism. 

www.smartiststudio.co.uk

Thank you so much.

SMArtist XX 

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

Hey there, @SMArtistStudio
Congrats on the store launch! That’s exciting and just the start to your store’s awesome future. You’ve put a lot of hard work into this store, and it shows.

Homepage
Let’s start with the easy things to fix:

• Add a favicon
  • Make sure your social media links open in a new tab 
  • Shorten your banner text and link it. Make it a little punchier. 
  • Explain the value of the newsletter - will they get 10% off their next purchase? Are they joining an art-loving community? Give them a reason to join. 

Overall, your homepage has a lot of good things going on. The hero image is clear and your own work, and it has a CTA.  In general though, the order of your homepage is off. 

Are you using a heatmap to see where people click and how they scroll? I would highly advise using one. It’ll help you see what people are interested in and if they are even scrolling.

Right now, the homepage is focused on you. That’s fine - you’re a really great artist - but your goal of the store is to sell your products rather than just tell your story. Your journey as an artist is very important, but it doesn’t necessarily belong on the homepage. If it does, it needs to be lower on the page. 

As I scroll, I don’t get to your products until the middle of the page. That’s way too far down. My guess is that most of your visitors will use the main navigation and not scroll, but a scroll heatmap will show you for sure.

Personally, here is an order I would suggest testing out:

1. Hero image
  2. Popular collections - feature your top 3 or 6 collections rather than your products. The reason I say that is because “featured collection” means nothing to your visitors. Best selling/popular may be attractive. 
  3. Testimonials

That’s it. The “Thank You” message is nice, but it’s not necessarily going to help sell it to first time visitors. You can test it out though. I would take out the bottom images because they aren’t linked nor are helping sell products.

Footer

• Can you match the font to the rest of your page? 
  • Refund policy: Link your email address and fix a few line break issues 
  • Privacy policy: Link the URLs and email addresses included and fix a few line break issues
  • Terms of Service: Link the links and add a few line breaks. 
  • Shipping policy: I would add in estimated costs for domestic and international shipping. Customers don’t like being surprised with those costs, and you can then link to it in your product pages.

Customer Communication
I like that you have a Contact Me page with your email address (make sure you link it!) and an away form. I would take out the phone number fields - it’s one field that scares away visitors from completing it.

I would also suggest adding in a live chat button. It will help you answer customer questions while they are still on your website. You can use it to really engage customers by using auto invites, which let you set conditions that would trigger a chat invitation. So if someone were to not checkout within 2 minutes of adding a product to their cart, a chat window would automatically invite them to ask any of their questions.

Navigation/Product Pages
I like that your main navigation is pretty limited. I would check with heatmaps to see where people click - the About Me and the SMArtist Blog may be about the live in the footer than the main navigation. If you have a large number of mobile visitors, keep the Contact Me page on your main navigation.

I really like that your collections are separated. You may want to consider adding them as drop-downs under “Shop” in the main navigation. I’ve found that it’s a great way to help customers find their desired collections without having to click around. Do some tests to see what happens. 

Be sure to watch session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, to see how your visitors are navigating to products. That will help you see what they’re interested in and how they browse through your products. 

Moving on to collection pages…
Make sure that the header image is clear and shows the product well. Like your Ceramic Coasters collection has a header image of your art but not the product. 

Question: Is there a reason why each product is tagged with SMARTISTSTUDIO? Unless you’re going to be featuring other artists, I would take it out. It’s assumed that they would be buying your products.

Moving on to the product pages…
For reference, I’m on the Handmade Resin Art Cat Kitty Necklace Pendant & Dangle Earring Set. Colour Options Available product page. I would go ahead and shorten that product name. Take out the “Colour Options Available.” I saw on many of your product names that there are way too many keywords crammed in there. 

I really like that you have included a great description. Great job on adding in the chain length!  

I have two suggestions:

1. Add in shipping costs here rather than “Shipping calculated at checkout.” Like I mentioned earlier, customers don’t want a surprise.
  2. Instead of “Style #” in your colour options drop-down, be more specific. I know that the photo corresponds with the style number, but what’s more enticing: Style #3 or purple? 

Overall, you really have a great start on a store. You already have amazing products and a layout that’s working. 

The key here is not blindly guessing what isn’t working (or is working) - use visitor behavior to understand the barriers and pain points customers are experiencing. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps. Good luck!! 

Cheers - 

Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey SMArtist,

Overall good start! Just keep the below-listed points in mind for optimizing your store:

• Align all "footer links" vertically in a single column for symmetric placement.
  • "Favicon" enhances user-experience and facilitates unique site identification as well.
  • Including "Twitter and Linked In" business pages would be beneficial for advertising purposes.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

May the store perform well in the coming days.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
Fayzmo
Shopify Partner
222 17 84

Hey @SMArtistStudio ,

Welcome to Shopify family, and congratulations on your website! Your art is exquisite, one of a kind and great products on your store! I would like to share a couple of tips that can be of help in getting more traffic and sales on your store.

1. Add a favicon to your website. It will help you strengthen your brand and to add a polished look to your website.

2. Use larger images, and also I would suggest to have your art convey your message through distinctive content and style which means better personalised photoshoot (having a better background along with the product)

3. Create a good logo, because it grabs attention, makes a strong first impression and is the foundation of your brand identity.

4. Use some cool graphic stickers/badges to easily grab users attention, tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency and nudging them to purchase. You can use badges like New Arrival, Sale etc.

Hope my tips be of help to you.

Fayaz

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks