New Optometrist Store - Please Review

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 3 3

Hi,

I am hoping that someone can review our Shopify Store. We just finished most of the development in the last week and the site has been live for a few days now. The company is in the Optometric business (they have over 50 Physical stores throughout South Africa) and this is the first venture to expand into the online space, currently we are only selling sunglasses and lens cleaning solutions on Shopify. We are planning on adding Zeiss Binoculars and Contact Lenses to our product lineup in the next few months.

The link to the store is https://online.mellins.co.za.

Thanks for taking the time to review the store 😃.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Congrats on the new store. You are off to a good start and there are some ways to improve the store and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as you jump right into products. Have you thought about having an image at the top and help sell your brand? Most sites will have a mass head image to work on building their brand. You are selling a lifestyle as much as the product

2. I would consider adding "men" and "women" to the main menu. Also look at changing "Sunglasses" to "brands", since the drop down is a list of brand names

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

4. Don't forget to make the store HTTPS secure as it does not look like it is.

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

2. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images... consider adding people wearing the sunglasses

3. ASOS and other leading fashion brands are doing little fashion videos for their product pages. Something you could film on an iPhone or latest Android and add to your site.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hi

Your store looks nice and the products are different.

I have reviewed your website briefly and here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily.

1. Try reducing the size of your logo, its taking a lot of space and thus making the home page less user friendly.
  2. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  3. The default search landing page https://online.mellins.co.za/search?type=product&q= is bit off, I mean it's empty. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  4. Lastly, You have over 60 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
73 6 26

Hi there!

Happy to hear that you are jumping into the online space. I hope you do well :)

So, here is my feedback:

• I noticed that you do have accounts on the most popular social networks. Good, that is a must! I would suggest you to be constantly active in them, promoting your products and your brand.
  • Make sure that you have all required policies - Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Refunds, and Shipping Information.
  • I would advise you to look around for some apps that can improve your sales in the Shopify app store - https://apps.shopify.com. For example, this one - http://discountonleave.apps.isenselabs.com/  will help you recover some of your leaving customers with a discount to exit intent. It offers ready-to-use templates, and also it has a 30-day free trial.
  • The design is pretty nice. Good job!
  • I think that adding a contact us page will help you a lot. Most people find it easier to just type their message in a ready-to-use form than to open their email client and send a message.
  • Try adding a bit more description to your products. It will help you text-to-code ratio on your pages, which will then help you for better SEO.

Other than that, I think that your store looks really professional.

I hope you have many sales!

I hope I helped!

1 Like
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Asjas,

I glanced through your store and while I found it hard to pinpoint exact things which could be done better, I think overall the store design didn't grab my attention enough. There should be some attractive big sized visuals in the beginning to emphasise the brand before jumping into the products. 

None better to learn from than Warby Parker - warbyparker.com in this space. Their landing page is really captivating. 

Hope that helps! 

Founder at BiteSpeed - helping e-commerce store owners recover lost revenue from their website shoppers and cart abandoners. Offering early access with a 3-month free plan at bitespeed.co.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

@neha-sparq wrote:

Hi

Your store looks nice and the products are different.

I have reviewed your website briefly and here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily.

1. Try reducing the size of your logo, its taking a lot of space and thus making the home page less user friendly.
  2. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  3. The default search landing page https://online.mellins.co.za/search?type=product&q= is bit off, I mean it's empty. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  4. Lastly, You have over 60 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Thanks for liking the suggestion.Happy to help you.

Were you able to download sparq?, You can get it from here. Let me know if you need any help.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes