New Shop

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

Good morning Shopify Community

I have set up a new shop. Any feedback as to how I can improve will be much appreciated.

I look forward to any help And thank you in advance.

Regards

Kevin

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1493 75 253

Hello @Forestforged, I reviewed your store & here is the feedback:-

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

• Slideshow Image 
  • Collection List  
  • New arrivals, Bestsellers
  • Testimonials
  •  Newsletter sign up box
  • Instagram Feed

- Give rewards to your customers. By offering rewards for completing actions like making a purchase or following you on social media, you show your customers that you care about how they engage with you and want to thank them for it. This encourages them to do it again in the future, transforming them into valuable repeat customers.

- Add web push notifications which will help you to bring back visitors who bounced from your site and convert them into paying customers. Even more astounding, this can increase customer retention by 7x times. This will clearly impact your retention.

- Set up Newsletter Subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.

To implement these tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion.com.

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @Forestforged,

You've done a great job with your shop, looks like you've got some great products and lots of potential!

At the top where you currently have your Home and Catalog links, I would switch that up and add more links such as "Cutting Boards", "Knife Holders" .. etc. The reason being is that you know what is in your catalog, but a new visitor doesn't so you have to grab their attention right away.

forged-nav.png

Design wise, I'd recommend adding some distinction between your text, links and your titles by either using darker browns or black in some places. 

forged-home.png

The last thing I would recommend is spending some time on your SEO. The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience.

If you have any questions, you can contact us using the information in our signature. We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

FREE CHRISTMAS GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Store Banners & Pop-ups!
8 Store Banners • 8 Store Pop-Up Graphics • Percentage Off Variations Ranging from 20% - 75% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
220 39 141

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Forestforged!  

Welcome to Shopify. Your store is on the right course, so you need to give yourself a pat on the back. You’ve worked hard on it, and it shows. That being said, I would be happy to lend a little feedback and knowledge to you!

Homepage

• Announcement/Utility bar/main navigation: Putting so much in the utility bar at the top of the page will play against you. The links are going to be hard to link, and the spacing makes it hard to read. Instead, I would move the main navigation UP to the same level as your logo and move the utility bar (sans the contact information) lower so that it’s on the same level as the logo. This will let you utilize a true, linked announcement bar in the future. It will make your page look more professional.  
  • Hero image: I would use a hero image that stretches across the page rather than the one you currently use. Add in a solid message and call to action button. Test different combinations. While your products are (literally) solid, I would focus on one message that really sells your products - like a chef using your cutting board.
  • Speaking of that, we have to talk about wording. You have to assume that your visitors know nothing about your products. For example, End Grain Board doesn’t mean much to someone who just is looking for a cutting down. I would rethink your categories to help explain it. An FAQ page can be helpful here as well.
  • Use heatmaps to see where people click and how far they scroll on your homepage. You want to see where people are clicking to move around the site. 
  • What collections are the gnocchi board, board butter and bowl stand in? The rest of them are in collections, but these three are without anything.
  • I wouldn’t enable ordering from the homepage. I would use collections to get them to the product page to learn more. There’s an exception: if your Add to Cart buttons are getting clicks, look at what those visitors are doing after they add it to the cart. Watch session recordings, which captures every visitor’s entire session, to understand what happened between adding to the cart and checking out.
  • Add a currency localization tool here. Your international visitors will thank you. 

Footer

• Privacy Policy: Link your URLs and email address.
  • Refund Policy: Link your email address.
  • Terms of Service: Link your email address.
  • Shipping Policy: Add international delivery information in here as well with estimated shipping costs if possible. Also, link your Terms and Conditions. 
  • Our Story: There are some formatting/line break issues as well as some grammar issues. Also, link your Facebook and Instagram mentions. 

• Customer Service: Isn’t linked! 
  • Trade Inquiries: Link your email address; make this the last in the list.
  • Contact Us: Move this to the top of the list. Take out the trade inquiries email address; it’s just going to add confusion. Link your email address and add a short message form with Name, Email Address and Message. 
  • Email address: Link it! 

Main Navigation

• I like simple navigation, but yours is too simple. Instead of Catalog, I would do something like Home | Shop All | Cutting Boards | Bowls | Knife Storage. 
  • Obviously, analyze these with heatmaps to see where people click. If Your biltong dryers are more popular than bowls, certainly highlight that instead. 
  • Again, watch session recordings to see how visitors move across the store. You want to make that journey as seamless as possible, and breaking your main navigation by collection may help.

Collection Page

For reference, I’m on your Edge Grain Cutting Boards collection.

•  You are the wood expert here. While some people coming to your site know the difference between Edge Grain and End Grain, most of us don’t. I would combine your cutting board collections into one. Again, an FAQ page to guide people in picking one or the other would be ideal. You would also explain the type of wood you use and why it’s best for this project. 
  • Make sure your photos are consistently sized. Your dimensions are all over the place! 
  • While I like that you have filters, I would clean it up a bit. Add in filters that would be more helpful. For example, cost or size. Right now the filters aren’t very helpful since they could apply to most of your products. 

Product Page

For reference, I’m on your Biltong Dryer Double Door page. 

• Link to your shipping policy.
  • Add in reviews; visitors like reading what other customers experienced with the product.
  • The biggest thing: BE THE EXPERT. A cutting board or knife block doesn’t really stretch the imagination of what it does. However, this is a dryer. Add a video of how to use it, when to buy solid or glass doors and a recipe or two to get started. You have a start of detail, but you need to go one step further. Like I said, be the expert that you are. Have a printable guide for people who want to use it. 

Wrapping it up: You are on the right track, and it’s going to come down to what your visitors are experiencing and want. If no one is headed to a product page, find out why. If no one is clicking on a CTA, see why not. 

When you use visitor behavior, you get to see and understand what’s stopping people from turning into your customers. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck, Kevin!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Danny

Thanks very much for your valuable input. May I ask for your email address please?

Kind Regards,

Kevin

0 Likes