New Site - 15k site views - 6 sales? Whats going wrong??

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new dropshipper, I opened www.outthedoor.co.uk recently and i would love constructive criticisim by the community of shopify

Open for a month I have had 15k site views, to get this I spent £425 on FB to only recieve 6 sales. a conversion rate of 0.04!

Ive had 143 adds to cart/39 reach checkout/6 conversions.

I have targeted my adds to the correct niches however no one wants to convert the adds to cart to converions? Can someone tell me why from having a look at my website. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
665 71 122

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a look at your site, you've done some really good work, and I have some feedback I'd like to share that you could consider: 

• You should add a favicon to your store to enhance its branding. 
  • What is the purpose of your landing page? Is it concise enough? Does it communicate your mission statement effectively, and showcase the best products that your site is offering? I would argue there is a little too much noise on the landing page. Where is your strong call-to-action? 
  • Where is the About Us, where I can learn a little about who I'm buying from? You can learn how to write a great About Us here
  • Your javascript additions make the site look a little messy. You should look to tidy these up. 
  • The product descriptions looks great, but have you considered shooting some of your own product photography rather than using supplier shots? 

In terms of your result from your marketing efforts, who are you marketing to? Who are your marketing personas? What are their behaviors and interests? Have you established a need for your products in that target market? What market research have you done?

Have you developed a marketing plan

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 35 122

Hey there, 

Great store and great collection!

As per my opinion, you need to create a some urgency and social proof on your store. You can use an app that provides you tools like a countdown timer, limited offers and even social proof. 

SET A DEADLINE, if potential customers know there’s no rush to buy your product or service, they’ll probably put off buying it to weigh the pros and cons – and maybe forget about it forever.

Create an incentive to take action by running your sales and offers for a limited time. One effective way to create time pressure is to use a countdown timer on your site.

Show viewers how many days, hours, and minutes they have to make a decision.

For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute.

If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go.

Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.

One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously.

Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited.

I'm providing you some app links that might be useful. 

Links -

Urgency Pack Ultimate

Ultimate Sales Boost

Social Proof Urgency App

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
1 Like
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Outthedoorco 

I must say your store looks good, clean and easy to navigate but there are some things that you can improve on:

On Cart page:

Those methods (Shop pay, Gpay, PayPal) are making checkout button as the second choice: They are even more prominent then the Checkout button and can make the visitors getting confused between options and leave the cart. 

They should be payment methods rather than checkout methods, so I'd recommend you put them as text link or un-clickable thumbnails to signify that those methods are available at checkout.

Your Shopping Cart – OutTheDoor 2020-04-28 17-39-08.png

On Home page

- Feature some products from each collection: visitors can actually see the products from home page. It's the best if you include 1-2 products from each collection. 

On Collection page

Consider removing the banner: it's prevent me from seeing your product listCamping Accessories – OutTheDoor 2020-04-28 17-32-32.png

On Product page:

- Add Return policy and make it easier for visitors to find: I believe many people look for it before making purchase. Though you have it at the footer, people may overlook. I'd recommend you add Return policy link in the Product description.

Like my answer if you find it useful and I hope it will ;) Best of luck to you!

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you for your time replying, some really uselful tips that I have used.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you for your time replying, some really uselful tips that I have used. 

I could not see the icons you was talking about on the cart page? i tried on 2 different laptops?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Outthedoorco 

Do you means the icons for payment methods in cart page? I have used VPN and change my location to UK and US and still see them. It takes around 2 seconds to show after the cart page is loaded. I do see the icons on mobile tooImage from iOS.jpg

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi!

I think all of the recommendations so far are great! However, if you're already getting so many website views, I think the #1 thing you can do is retarget your website visitors using a Facebook pixel. This always seems to work great for conversions. If you'd like, I can show you how to do this or send videos. Let me know and I hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
50 1 11
Nice looking webshop!
What kind of products were added to cart the most?
Maybe you could focus to really go hard on those product descriptions?
0 Likes