New Store. 1 week , only 2-3 visits per day

Solved
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Still have a few collections to add (tents, travel fitness equipment etc). Am considering ditching the slideshow entirely to put focus on the products being at the top of the page. I am also working on a logo to replace the "NOMA TREK". Any feedback appreciated. I am not getting hits.

https://nomatrek.com/

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 67 100

Hey, Owen!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

It's a solid start of a great store. The niche market you had picked is trendy. The fact that you're still in the process of tweaking and improving your store means your store has a good potential to grow. After diving through your store, here are a few suggestions for you think about while you make the adjustments in the future.

1. I like the Slideshow section you have in the store. It echoes well with your brand. I understand you may think that if the products are right in front of the visitors' faces from the start, you may have a higher chance to convert them. This isn't true. The place that typically converts your visitors is your product pages, which is quite bare at the moment. Here's a great read on Product Page Tune-Up: 9 Timeless Ways to Increase Conversions. Remember, the more effort you put in the content, the more professional your store looks. Since there are no physical sales associates in your store to sell your products to your visitors, the visitors rely on the product descriptions to decide if they want to make the purchase or not. Here's a product page example from your store:
    06_42-yjkkg-5zh0rIf you think the images on the Slideshow section are distracting, you can reduce the slides or increase the auto-rotation duration. This way, the most visitor will only see one or two slides maximum before they click into the tabs or scroll down to other sections on the homepage.
  2. I love the fact that you have your product tabs out with the proper use of the drop-down menu on the main menu navigation. It's easy to check out the collections on your store. Scrolling down on the homepage to your Collection section, I noticed that you have two very similar feature images for two different categories (Luggage and Backpacks & Travel Bags). Try to use a different feature image for the Luggage collection. It'll set the collections apart better and make it clear to the visitors that the two collections aren't exactly the same. Because your store size isn't large at the moment, watch out the duplicate products. Since you're adding new products in soon, this'll resolve itself.
  3. Because your products come with a few variants, it's best to reduce the non-selected product images into thumbnails. This prevents the endless scrolling on your product page. Go to Shopify admin > Online Store > Themes > Customize. In the theme editor, on the top, select Product pages. Once in the product pages, on the left-hand side menu, click on Product pages. Under Settings, in the Image display selector, select Thumbnails. Don't forget to click Save on the top right corner to ensure your work is saved. Another thing to think about is that you don't have a huge product range just yet, perhaps it's visually cleaner to remove the sorted/tagged area.
    06_58-1t5c0-04rscAgain, inside the collections, the Hats tab's content completely overlaps with the Men tab. I recommend you remove the men tags from the Hat products. The way you had organized the tabs, it's intuitive enough for the visitors to check out the Hat products. There's no need to keep showing the same products. Overexposure of a product can reduce your store's credibility and in turn, decrease your conversion rate.
  4. On the Contact Us page, it's fantastic to see you included the phone number and the email. Here's a great resource on How to Build a Top-Notch Contact Us Page for Your Online Store. I challenge you to utilize the space above the form to capture your visitors' attention. Remember, the visitors rely on the copywriting/content to get a sense of your brand/store.
  5. I checked out your social media icons. Currently, your Instagram icon leads to a 404 Error Page. Don't forget to update the URL from the Theme settings so the link is correctly connecting your visitors to your Instagram account.

These are the main suggestions I suggest you take some time to think about. To drive more traffic to your store, could I know what you have you tried in terms of digital marketing? Have you tried any paid digital ad campaigns? If so, what have you tried?

Here are some free courses to give you ahead start on the marketing train. If you love to read, don't forget to check out Shopify's Facebook marketing blog and Instagram marketing blog. If you're more of a visual learner, I encourage to join Shopify Academy. There are great free courses on topics such as Grow Your Business with Instagram and E-commerce Email Marketing 101. Keep in mind that you're an online store. The better you are in digital marketing, the bigger the chance you can drive traffic to your store. 

I hope that information helps, however, should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply back here and I'd be happy to help out! 

All the best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

2 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Pathfinder
100 6 19
You need to write a product description for every item in your store. That is obviously quite time consuming so start with those products you are going to send traffic to first and write a couple of descriptions a day. The description is your chance to tell the customer why they should buy the product and why they should buy it from you.

Remove the dynamic checkout buttons from your product pages and change the add to cart button to a bright color.

Your button in your cart and your buttons in your checkout should all match your add to cart button color.

Add trust seals under your add to cart button and payment logos under your proceed to checkout logo.

I would google the top Shopify stores and look at their sites. See what their product pages and checkout look like and pattern your site after them. I would also consider hiring someone on fiverr to give you further optimization help. One that knows what they are doing is https://www.fiverr.com/s2/063bc659af?utm_source=CopyLink_Mobile
1 Like
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Thanks for taking the time for such an in depth analysis. ive implemented many of your suggestions now and have added a logo and also live chat app. there are now new product lines and i am gradually filling it out and adding descriptions. however, still no sales and still only 1 or 2 visitors per day. as for marketing i have no budget for paid ads right now, but have been using facebook and (mainly) instagram to build followers. i have a facebook shop set up but i cant seem to tag products yet on instagram. maybe i must wait until my account is approved, but i am not sure if i am doing something wrong. i have about 200 followers now on instagram and i would like to add products to the story section and keep the main feed as quality photos about travel. i am still reading the articles about contact page and will maybe have more quesitons later. you can see the changes i have made at www.nomatrek.com . appreciate the imput

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

thank you for the input. have changed button colours. What abotu the trust seals? are they an option on the shopify settings or would i have to cut and paste them in. which logos/seals should i add. I will take a look at some other sites to get an idea. thanks again.

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 67 100

Hi, Owen!

I'm glad that you find my suggestions helpful. It's also great to see that you've written nice product descriptions for your products. There're two things jump out to me. 

The Slideshow section: Watch out the images you used in this section. The first and the last slide that you've added are lower in resolution (or potentially too small for the section). The images are currently fuzzy. 

The product section: There are two products sharing the same images, close product descriptions but priced differently. 

11_18-bow4a-qpwl9A tip here is that if the vendor only supplied you with the same images, it's better for you to decide which one to keep and which one to let go. Having two products sharing the same product pictures while pricing quite different will decrease your customers' trust in you. Pay attention to the product titles and the descriptions. It's in your best interest to remove the years and add on more information for the products. If the vendor doesn't provide enough information on the product, perhaps you need to find another product to replace the one you have.

11_33-g38ja-mk1lz

11_31-mnasm-i5wp1

For your Facebook and Instagram sales channels, could you double check and see if both are actively connected? In order to use the product tag function in your Instagram business account with Shopify, the account has to be approved and connected fully first. In order to drive some traffic to your store without any paid campaign, check out 6 Practical and Proven Ways to Drive Traffic to Your New Online Store and Free Traffic: No-Cost Ways to Promote Your Online Store. These two resources offer multiple strategies for you to drive traffic to your store - free of cost!

After you read the resources, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out anytime in this thread. I'd be happy to help you out. Keep the good works coming!

Best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

1 Like