I started a drop shipping site called hoodiehutt.com where I am finding all sorts of cool hoodies and bringing them to one place. I think the site looks nice and modern, and well put together. I've been going through and editing a ton. The past few days I have done a few influencer posts on instagram and have been getting thousands of views and likes etc. but nobody has bought a single thing. As I am new to this I would love for some people to tell me everything I am doing wrong so I can improve. All advice is welcome! Again the website is hoodiehutt.com. Thanks for your time, Jace Poulsen.
Your store looks great at first sight. I suggest some improvements:
1. Consider adding a semi-transparent background for the hero header.
The text being hard to read creates a negative first impression.
2. Add more images.
From the viewpoint of a shopper and a hoodie aholic, I expect more than just flat images of the items laying on a white background. Try to add some sections on the homepage that shows more details of the items:
- How it looks like on real models
- A close look of the fabric material
- Mix and match recommendation
- Washing and drying instruction.
Not only the homepage, but the above information is also crucial to your product pages.
3. Add information about sizes.
Make it easier for people to make up their minds by adding detailed info about measurements: length and width at least.
4. Add customer review: This is an ideal source of feedback images.
5. Add secondary hover image: Allow people to zoom into the fabric or other details by hovering on the images.
6. Add call-to-action: Urge people to take actions by adding a "View more" or "Add-to-cart" button.
Also, choose your influencer carefully :D I think street style KOLs like rappers, skateboarders, teenage idols will be effective.
Have a nice day!
Why would I buy your hoodie ?
Some great feedback from @victorbui above. The great thing about your niche is you can really have lots of awesome images of people smiling and wearing your products. You really want to give someone a great feeling on your website. Build trust and a connection with your target audience.
Yes, I agree. I'm trying to integrate as much as I can right now. I also agree with the great feeling thing too. I'm currently adding some reviews from aliexpress and I definitely need more pictures. What do you think could help get people to impulse buy?
Hey mate. Here is video I did of some apps you could use. 100% you need loox reviews if drop shipping also.
So I did a lot of updating on the site and I change the colors from black on white to white on black still having the salmon pink accents. I tried to add buttons and was having a lot of problems with it, so I ended up just removing it. I have imported a bunch of reviews already to the site and it looks better from that but, I'm curious on some good ideas to make the home page more engaging. I got lucky orange and it shows people just scrolling up and scrolling down repeatedly. I'm curious on any ideas to make the site more engaging to encourage the impulse buy.
The store looks classy with some changes to be implemented. Following modifications need to be done:
Hope your store gets plenty of sales very soon.
There isn't anything wrong with your website.
It might be a marketing issue. Try to work up your funnel.
If you are running ads/ influencer campaigns, the intent is usually low because people tend to push a generic message to product or worse, just to the home page.
Try to run these three in series. ($2-5 per day for 7 days)
1. An Awareness campaign on Facebook (Drive as much reach as you can)- Once you'v got a few hundred stop.
2. Re-engage that audience with Consideration (Test with 3-5 products) (Make sure you have the Facebook Pixel Installed)
3. Run the final Conversion campaign for people who have visited those specific pages.
The main thing is to focus on at your stage is building this pipeline. Later it will shift to specific product marketing.