New Store Need Feedback

2 0 0

Hey all,

Need feedback on my store. I have traffic but no sales. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

https://demarcomchale.com/

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 2 41

Hi, Matt! 

Lisa here from the Shopify Social Care Team. Great start on your store, I can see you've put a lot of effort into developing your brand. 

Looking through your online store and there are some areas which could be improved. 

Your product descriptions would benefit from being more descriptive! The bullet point format is useful, however, you need to tell a story behind the product. Here's a great article on how to write epic product descriptions.

The free shipping bar at the top is great, however specifying if it is worldwide shipping, or just USA is important for relevance. Try to be more specific with your copywriting throughout your site. Your privacy policy needs to be personalized, there are some sentences which need your personal info added into the template. For example: - [[INSERT OTHER USES OF ORDER INFORMATION]]. 

A shipping page would also be very helpful to let customers know the expected times for different countries. Here are some shipping page templates.

The homepage feels rather cold, you can add more life to your store by including more lifestyle pictures. Burst by Shopify provides you with free HD imagery, there are many lifestyle images that include watches! 

Your store is going in a great direction. Hopefully refining your content it will help with sales. If you haven't already, make sure your SEO is optimized to be driving as much traffic as possible without having to spend money on ads. Here's some information on improving your SEO. 

Best of luck! Please feel free to reply if you have any questions on the above. 

- Lisa

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
48 0 9

Hi Matt,

The first fold looks neat and stylish. Here are a few other things that I observed-

• Under the collection list, rather than writing 'Mens' and Womens', change it to 'Men' and 'Women'.
  • The images under the featured collection need to be represented better. They do not stand out as of now. 
  • You need to mention about your Return Policy as well. 
  • There are two 'contact us' page, one for business and the other for queries. You might want to include them in the page, to avoid confusion. The users who have a query might end up clicking the one on the footer and not know what to do. You might want to add a live chat to start engaging with the users.
  • Have you tried any other channel other than email to build your marketing list? Give web push a spin as users usually hesitate to give out their email address on the first go. You can know more about web push notifications here. 

Hope this helps. 

pravya@datability.co
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Lisa,

Where would I add more lifestyle pictures? 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
47 0 2

Hey Matt! Kiersten from Shogun Drag & Drop Page Builder here. I checked out your store and I really like the look of it—I think it has a lot of potential. 

Forgive the shameless plug, but we recently wrote a post about the top eCommerce trends in 2018 and I feel like it could be really useful to implement some of the tactics, tricks, and apps we suggested into your store! 

The 2018 eCommerce Trends Your Store Should Know About

Let us know if you find it helpful or if you have any questions at all at support@getshogun.com

Cheers!
Kiersten

0 Likes