New Store Opened 3 weeks Please Review

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

I have had my store live for the last 3 weeks.

So much to research and think about.

Started advertising and have received good feedback through face book followers. No sales yet.Just enjoying the process.

Would you please review my store and provide feedback.

Thank you so much.

Kind regards

Melissa

https://revivewear.com.au/

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 157

Hey, Melissa!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

It's easy to see that you've put a lot of thoughts into your store. You have some amazing contents and you've curated your products carefully to reflect your brand. This is a solid store! Here're some tips on how we can improve the user experience and in turn, increase the store's conversion rate.

1. I noticed that you have a great favicon for your store. Yet, you didn't use it for your header section. Instead, you use one of your product images and cleverly promote the free shipping with the image. It's a great way to catch the visitors' attention. Though, the downside of it is that you ended up with two white space that wasn't utilized. 05_31-imzwu-0ya18Perhaps, a better way to even out space is to trade the image with your logo and have a hero image sitting above. From the theme that you're using, you can set the Slideshow section with one image only without auto-rotate. This way the image is fixed. I recommend instead of using one of your product images as the focus, try to source the active lifestyle pictures. You can apply the same edit that you did with the image you're currently using. This way, there's no waste spaces and your hero image will set the tone nicely for your store while promoting the free shipping at the same time. Remember, when the visitors first hop on your page, this is the first impression they get. Spending some time to build an eye catching banner is going to pay off in the long run.
  2. Watch out the sequence of your tabs. As you've probably noticed, most people read from left to right. Your navigation needs to reflect that. Currently, your store's navigation looks like this:  When the visitors come to your store, the Products tab is the last thing you placed on the navigation. Let's switch the sequence to Home, Products, Help Centre, and Wishlist. This way, when the visitors read from left to right, they can see your products right at the beginning.
    The similar concept needs to be applied to your footer menu as well. I recommend you reorganize the information. The sequence can be Shipping and Delivery, Refund Policy, Privacy Policy, Terms of Services, My Personal Data, Blog, Contact Revive Wear.
  3. Another thing I noticed is that there're two sets of quick links at the footer. One can be removed. 05_51-9qnky-dsvxvBecause the content is relatively the same and they're so closely placed to each other. It's better to remove one of them. This way, the information won't seem redundant.
  4. The use of the drop-down menu on the main navigation can be broken down to a different sequence. Instead of having everything hide in the Products tab, release the tabs out. You can have a drop-down menu for the bottoms.05_04-9599p-rwrq4 Again, increase the visibility of your collections will make it easier for your visitors to navigate your store. The easier they can find the products, the higher the chance they will make a purchase.
  5. It's great that you have a Wishlist tab. Though typically, it's placed on the top along with the account login. Because not all the visitors going to use this function. This function doesn't need a whole tab dedicated to it.05_13-e5ayj-2pi87
  6. It's fantastic to see that you've done some customization to one of the collections pages. You followed the same logic as what I mentioned above. The Add to Cart buttons are right under the products. The advantage of building a section like this is that you're relying on the visitors' impulse to make the purchase. The disadvantage is that you're missing some key information on the size charts and product details. Another thing is that the blocks aren't aligned properly. Some have bigger paddings than others. 05_16-p890r-esdaoConsequently, it's slightly messy visually. One more issue is that the selection bar also varies with the products. Some are about the color and the size, while others are about the size and where the product's shipping from. The information isn't uniformed which can reduce your store's credibility. The biggest flaw of this design is that the visitors can't click on the product title to see the product details if they want to. Because you're a fashion store, you may miss a sale because the customer can't find the size chart or more information on the garment she likes.
  7. Be a little careful on the use of emoticon on the product title. Depends on who your target audience is, it may seem a little too casual.
  8. I love your store's mission and the fact that you're actively updating your blog. If you haven't done so, don't forget to verify your domain with third-party services. Once your domain is verified by Google, you need to submit your sitemap to them. After the submission, the more active you update your blog, it's going to improve your store's search engine optimization (SEO).
  9. Last but not least, your store doesn't have any social media icons/buttons/links. I suggest you have them at least on the footer menu. You'd be pleasantly surprised at how many people will check your links out. You can add the social media icons/buttons/links from Shopify admin > Online Store > Themes > Customize. In the theme editor, click the Theme settings on the left-hand side menu, then Social media. Scroll down to Accounts and you can add the links there. Don't forget to click Save on the top right corner once you're done.

Overall, it's a very strong store with huge potential. You paid attention to many design details and the effort didn't go unnoticed. Once you're ready, I encourage you to check out the Shopify Academy. There're some great tutorials on how you can plan out your digital marketing strategies.

I hope that information helps, however, should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply back here and I'd be happy to help out! 

All the best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

Thank you so much Jason. Wow your feedback is marvellous and thought provoking. I have a lot of work ahead of me. I am subscribed to Shopify Academy and find it very helpful. There is so much to explore and learn.

Enjoy your day!

Regards

Melissa

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 157

Hi, Melissa!

You're so welcome! I'm so glad to hear your feedback. It means a lot to me.

A tip I often share in my posts is that book an hour or two of your time, visit your favorite online stores. Take notes on what you love about the stores and what you don't like so much about the stores along with the reasons. Once you check the list over, often there's a consistent theme across the notes. When you are done, take a break. After the break, come back to your store. Try to shop as a customer. Again, make some notes on what you've found. Finally, crosscheck the two notes together. This way, it's a lot easier to make adjustments on your store.

If you have any questions while learning about digital marketing strategies or wanting another review on your store, feel free to reply to this thread anytime. I'd love to continue to help out! Wishing you great success!

Best,

Jason

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0
Hello Jason,
I have changed my theme to Brooklyn for various reasons. I did have my
header menu on the home page but now slide out. Can you please review my
store? I have a page 404, how do I correct this or delete this page? I
have searched under the theme but couldn’t find the answer.
I have attended further Shopify Academy education - thank you. How do I
ask for Facebook ad webinar?
Thanks so much
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 157

Hey, Melissa!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

What a change! Because of the switch of the theme, your store has a very different vibe now. Brooklyn is minimal and modern, which links with your focus on the activewear very well. After going through your store page by page, here are some of my recommendations. Following my recommendations, I also have answers to your questions. Enjoy!

1. The first thing I noticed when I visited your store is the various use of fonts. Watch out how you mix the serif fonts and the sans serif fonts! Just like colors, the fonts you use can depict different emotions and feelings in the store. When there're too many usages conflicting with each other, Because you're focusing on the activewear, I recommend updating the fonts uniformly to sans serif fonts. This type of fonts not only is easier to read on the web but also are more modern and forward, which echos with your brand more. Here's a great read on Fonts & Feelings: Does Typography Connote Emotions?
    22_41-zx74t-8uq3z
  2. The second thing I caught on is the menu. This we've gone over when you were using a different theme. I understand the limitation with the Brooklyn theme. When we have too many tabs on display, it'll automatically force them to a slider menu on the side. What you did here is great. You've combined the tabs into the drop-down menus. The only pointer I have here is to re-think the content of the drop-down menu. For the Products tab, I suggest you organize the tabs like how the human body works - from the tops to the bottoms, then the additional category (Activewear Tops and Crops/Activewear Shorts/Leggings and Pants/Leisure and Lucious).
  3. The third thing I saw was the Wishlist tab. This tab existed before in your store but up until now, I still don't know how this list works. When I clicked through the products, there isn't a place or call-to-action button for me to save the product into the list. If the function isn't intuitive enough for the visitors, perhaps think it over whether if it's needed on your store. Keep in mind that the more apps you have in the store, the slower your page load. At the moment, I've noticed that some pages load in blocks. This's a head's up that there may be too many apps/customization done on the store. When your pages load in chunks or slower than usual, some visitors may take it as a caution and simply leave the store. This is what I suggest for the main menu navigation. Notice how I take the blog out and fit it on the main menu and removed the search tab (because you have a search icon on the side already).
    22_58-1nxo5-42m48
  4. The fourth thing I found was the alignment on the collection page. This is a continuing issue from last time. I understand the concept and why it's alluring to have this list on the top with call-to-action buttons right there. Though, due to the off alignments and the inability to click into the products, I wonder how effective this type of lists can enhance your business. If you do like the list being there, I suggest leave them there and test the traffic out. This is also the place where the loading time is taking a hit due to the customization. It's something to think about.
    22_12-y2en0-cjio5
  5. The last thing here is the placement of the Reward Program button. Because of the color and the placement, it's currently overlapping your checkout button on the cart page. This can be resolved simply place the widget on the left-hand side. I know by moving there is a little less obvious for the visitors, as we typically check our right bottom corner. Though depending on the plan you're on with the app, this may be the viable alternative for you.
    22_13-j0b66-8j6vx

Overall, another great store created by you. I vividly remember the bold colors and the cheerful vibe from your previous store and this one is full on modern. A fantastic transition and an awesome job you did on the logo. If you can, this part of the logo will make an amazing favicon.
22_19-wauaz-czunt

Now on to our questions! We've addressed the fact on the header menu being a slider. You've done very well on how to avoid that. If you have more questions on this or perhaps you were referring to something else, feel free to let me know. I'd be happy to discuss further with you on this topic.

For the 404 page, could you let me know where are you seeing it, please? If it's in the theme editor, it's meant to be there because we never know when a page will encounter a glitch or being temporarily disabled. The page in the theme editor is letting you know that in case if the page becomes inaccessible, the 404 page will take its place automatically. This isn't a page that can be deleted/removed.

It's so awesome that you've checked out the Academy. For the Facebook ad campaigns, there isn't a full tutorial just yet. That being said, here's a very useful Facebook Marketing blog guiding you through various topics, including how to set up a Facebook pixel to how to scale up your ad campaigns.

If there’s anything else I can help you out with, please don’t hesitate to reply back and I’d be happy to help out!

All the best,
Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0
Hello Jason,
Thank you for reviewing my store. I have applied changes. Thanks for the
information supplied. I have copied where page 404 occurs, this is when
I am customising the theme.

Home page

Product pages

Collection pages

Collections list

Blogs

Blog posts

Cart

Checkout

Gift Card

404 page

Wishing you an awesome day.
Melissa
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 157

Hey, Melissa!

Loving your new fonts and the updates! Just want to double check with you, the place you're referring to regarding the 404 page is here in the theme editor. (This is taken from my sample theme - Debut).

26_14-b7mnn-6yzpt

If so, it's perfectly normal to have this page and it can't be removed because this is the page that will show up when there's downtime in any of your pages. Again, it's there for a reason hence can't be removed. Let me know if you have more questions!

Best,

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

Hello Jason

This is the correct placement for 404 page. Okay so I do not need to worry.

Thanks for all your guidance. Has been a great experience.

Cheers

Melissa

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 157

Hi, Melissa!

Aweseom! It's my pleasure to have gone through this journey with you. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out here or via a new thread. Wishing you great success for this new launch. 

Cheers!

Jason

0 Likes