New Store Requesting Input

spacyjane9
6 0 0

Hi all,

I have had more store for about 4 months now with very few sales.  

Can someone take a look and I would welcome any suggestions. 

Thank you 

https://www.modernabode.com/

Jane 

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
825 91 188

Hey, @spacyjane9 

Here are a few suggestions that I have for you on how you can improve the overall look of your store. When it comes to selling home decor and jewelry, you want to think long and hard about what type of audience you want to attract (age, gender, interests, and even budget). From there, you can lay down the groundwork for creating a reputable and attractive brand for your ideal audience. 

If you are unsure what exactly the definition of a brand is or how you can build a brand from scratch, this article is a must. It is going to teach you how to build your own brand in 7 actionable steps. Setting aside an afternoon or evening to jot down some high-level details on this subject will go a long way. It will help you create a blueprint that will ultimately drive all your future business decisions.\

Once you feel like you have clearly defined your brand goals - I recommend checking out this article called "What is a Buyer Persona"This will allow you to portray your brand in a way that resonates with your ideal audience. This will entice them to buy from your business. This is another exercise that if you just take a few hours out of your time to commit to, it's going to be extremely helpful.

Once that gets taken care of I recommend checking out our Shopify design articles to get inspiration and ideas on how to build a great-looking webpage with Shopify. Homepage Design 101 is a recommended resource to check out!

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hi @spacyjane9 

Hey there! Great job on continuing to put efforts and seeking feedback. You’ve created a great store with an interesting niche. Here are a few suggestions I have for you

Home Page

1. On visiting your site for the first time, I see a Hero image with Modern Abode written. Its not really visible due to the font color and the Hero image dosent look appealing. Consider changing them. 
  2. Follow us on instagram should be pushed further down the page as your primary objective should be to sell/show them your products and not divert them to instagram.
  3. On the home page the diffrent sub categories (Art, Jwelery...etc) have too much description. Please keep short descriptions and not include country names etc. 
  4. The size of product images arent consistent and makes the visitor feel like a low effort store. Do change that.

Products page 

1. Do consider showing all the products at once. Not always people will click next page and go through them.
  2. Have a consistent image size. This will improve the overall asthetics of the page.
  3. Consider adding product badges like "Best-Seller", "Few Left", "Rare" etc. Research suggests that these badges helps cutomer make decision making faster, easier and increases conversion.
    Use Mode Magic to do this. It has a few forever free badges which you can start using right away! Its free to install and you get 10 free credits to start with. 

Hoping the points would help you in improving your store

Feel free to reach out to me in case you have any concerns, happy to help.

Saurabh K | Shopify Growth Expert @getmodemagic.com

- Was my reply helpful? Please give it a "Like" to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
0 Likes