New Website Launch

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello all,

We have just migrated our website from magento 1.5 to shopify. It's been quite a journey!

There are lots of things we'd like to change, but for now we have mirrored the existing content and applied a new page style to reflect our new logo and branding.

The website is www.sgworld.com - I'd appreciate any feedback. Please be honest. What does everyone think?

Thanks for your help

Pete

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
156 5 51

Hey, Pete!

Congrats on your new site. 

The thing that I noticed first about your site is that it's somewhat hard to know right away what you're selling. When a visitors lands on your homepage they should be able to tell in about 3 seconds what your product or service is. I know it does say 'visitor management' in two places but, specifically in the desktop version, it took me a a little longer than necessary to figure out what the product is.

One solution to this I thought could be a banner image or slideshow below your header:

In the slideshow you could use copywriting with a call to action that more effectively communicates your product. Visitors would understand immediately what you're selling. I see that there is a slideshow a few sections down. You might use some of the copywriting from it but condense it down to the essentials of what your solution offers. This image and copywriting and image help me understand what you offer really quickly:

If I read something like that when I landed on your website I would understand right away what you sell. 

You're probably already aware of this but on this page the formatting is off. It looks like the intention is to have a conversion page where the visitors can add their contact info, which is great.

Having looked through your site it does appear you sell a lot of different products and services. I think what my overall suggestion would be is to refine the copywriting on your homepage to give visitors a quicker understanding of what you're selling. Also, consider integrating the call-to-actions into a slideshow with with the copywriting and conspicuous placement.

_Ash_ | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi @Pete_SG_World,

I just reviewed your store. Its quite good. Below are some of my thoughts!

Speed - To increase visitors and sales you need to work on your website performance’s speed as I am seeing it is very low, 22%. It should be above 60%. Also, you need to optimize website images. It will improve the user experience. Fast page load time will also boost the website’s crawl rate.

1e271508-0d66-4cc9-9a6a-0c537bcaa6f0.png

Sticky Header: You can create a sticky header. Sticky header is something that remains fixed to the top of the website, and is visible even when you scroll down. It gives a better navigation experience to the user.

Social Login: Implement social login. It is a single sign-on for end users. By using this user can sign in on a website instead of creating a new account. This simplifies registrations and logins for end users.

Homepage: I like your homepage. Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. Homepage content should be strategically decided. You an include trust indicators on the homepage. Also you can use good quality featured banner, or front image  with interesting taglines to captivate user attention.

FAQs - It's a nice practice to help user guide regarding their purchase by answering their queries. People are more likely to purchase when they know you have taken time to guide them and you have displayed the full knowledge of the products it builds your trust.

Put Effort Into Online Reviews & Social Proof: Social media Makes your visible and it expands conversion such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram are great platforms for marketing and connecting with customers.

Scroll Back to Top Button: You can create a scroll top button to take a user at the top of the website to improve your website’s overall user experience.

Live Chat Support. Integrate live chat support on your website.  A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers.

I hope my feedback will help you!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
Thank you!!!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
29 0 1

Hy @Pete_SG_World 

It is really good to use the e-commerce for doing the business as it is the most trending platform nowadays and gradually you will learn the tricks for better conversion to sales.

Technical considerations for images are crucial. Images that don’t load or take too long to load will see a consumer drop-off rate of 39%, according to Adobe.

And, we’re not talking about just professional photos. Vanity Planet found that adding Instagram photos to their product pages increased checkouts by 24%.

I'm using Descrii, Description Generator application and also would like to recommend you to use the same.

Descrii, Description Generator generates unique and great quality product descriptions, which increases the trust of the visitors and adds a sense of professionalism to your store.

https://bit.ly/descrii-premium

0 Likes