New Website feedback

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi All

I've spent the last few days getting my new website ready for launch, www.traceymasonart.com.  Any feedback will be gratefully received.  

Also, I'm a bit of a technophobe so this was a big challenge for me and probably took longer than it should.  I can't figure out how to promote my website on Instagram, I can do it on FB but not Instagram.  They are all set up correctly in my store, can anyone help.

Many thanks in advance.

Tracey

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
31 2 10

Hello @TMason, I hope you are doing fine!

Congratulations on your store!

Your store looks absolutely amazing no doubt there, the home page and layout visuals everything is great. But I was disappointed that you don't have a favicon and also the footer is very huge, I hope you'll add them soon. Other than that I'd suggest if you try and make your store more engaging, introduce some offers. One thing that I found odd is that your product titles and their description don't live up to the store's amazing look, if the description is a little more organized it'd help customers understand better about the product. Lastly the product title a good product title should have all the essential information about the product take Amazon’s product titles for example. 

Moreover, I have checked the On-Page SEO rating of your website which isn’t good enough. You might want to work on that along with the products which have useless meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. Also, the meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better sales.

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. 

I hope this helps. 

Have a nice day!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi

Thanks so much for your speedy reply.  

Like I said I am not very experienced in this sort of thing and its all a huge learning curve for me, so any advice is gratefully received.  

Don't even know what a Favicon is!!!  Will definitely take the time to research all your advice given.

Thanks again

Tracey

Highlighted

Hey @TMason,

Congratulations on getting your store up and running! Way to go for pushing through the difficult learning curve and getting it launched.

To answer your question about connecting your Instagram (this was written by Shopify, you can read the whole thing here

Before you add the Instagram sales channel, verify that you have a Facebook business page and that you have added products to your Facebook catalog. You can make a Facebook product catalog by setting up Facebook Shop.

Steps:
1. From your Shopify admin, click the + button beside the Sales channels heading.
2. On the Add sales channel dialog, click Instagram to learn more about the sales channel.
3. Click Add channel.
4. Log in to your Facebook account page to authenticate your Instagram account in the sales channel.

After you've added your Instagram business profile, your account will be reviewed by Instagram for access to the feature. Shopify can’t enable the product tagging feature for your store. When you're approved, you'll see a notification in your Instagram business profile.

Your products are very unique and beautiful. As far as search goes, there aren't a whole lot of people currently searching for a "Watercolor Butterfly Collage" but it is beautiful and I'm sure a lot of people would love to have it if they saw it. You wont be able to rely as much on SEO for your types of product, you will need to get your products in front of people. If I was you, I'd be on social media (Instagram Reels and/or TikTok, recording me making these pieces of art. Not just the butterflies but the handmade cards and everything else you sell. It will make for great content that people want to watch and you will have a link back to your store to purchase the product you created in the video.

For items where you can use SEO to generate some traffic, check out our video. The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

FREE CHRISTMAS GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Store Banners & Pop-ups!
8 Store Banners • 8 Store Pop-Up Graphics • Percentage Off Variations Ranging from 20% - 75% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
753 17 208

Hi @TMason !

Change the header - place your logo on the left side, now it does not look proffesional.

Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)

The items in your store are more on an expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts, and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way,  letting your customers know that you care about them. 

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes