New ecom site need a once over

Solved
DWaterhawk
Tourist
6 1 4

Hi Shopify community, about to launch and do some advertising on our new ecom site.  Thought I'd ask for some feed back here before I do.

Web site is www.waterhawkcreations.com 

We've been around for a long time but never did an ecom site due to our one of a kind work. Mostly sell at art shows. Was willing to take a risk with Shopify and glad we did.   It was easy to get done.  The resources were great. I think development is a success and looking for feedback.  The only other thing I cannot find help with is that little magnifying glass so our photos can be seen close up, any suggestions? 

Thanks Daniella

neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

This is an accepted solution.

Hey Waterhawk Creations,

Keep the below-listed points in mind for optimizing your store:

• "Here" term in "Contact Us" situated in the footer should be replaced with "email address" for logicality.
  • You are missing the "home button" at the header menu beginning.
  • "Shop" button beside the "home" in the header menu, which displays the entire catalog is missing.
  • The header menu is "haphazardly arranged". The correct order is: Home, Shop, Collections, Tribute to past, About us and Contact Us.
  • "Customer Reviews" are a mark of their trust and belief on a particular brand. Hence, you need to add reviews to strengthen brand value.
  • Yotpo is an amazing assistant tool with the most advanced solutions for customer reviews, visual marketing, loyalty, and referrals.
  •  You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

All the best for store performance.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
397 33 125

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @DWaterhawk,

I've taken a look at your store. Nice store! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. Add the Home page link at the starting of the main menu.

2. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.

3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

4. Add email id/address in the Contact Us page for better customer interaction.

5. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.

6. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.

7. You have added Contact Us link (Contact Us, HERE) twice in the footer. Add it only once. 

8. Try to maintain the same image size while listing all products. 

9. Use the same font for the whole website and also increase the font size of product title and price on the collections page. 

10. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.

11. Add Buy Now button which will simplify the purchasing process for consumers, improving their customer experience.

12. Add payment options like PayPal, GPay, etc which will be convenient for the customer to purchase products.

13. Add a section for email Newsletter in the footer to give updates pertaining to your business, products, and services.

I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 33 results indexed by Google. But your website has 91+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
DWaterhawk
Tourist
6 1 4

Thank you for your suggestions.  I will get through all the posts here and evaluate which are the best tools for my site.

Not having the funds to hire someone to do this work, I appreciate your help.

I have a lot of work to do.

D

0 Likes
DWaterhawk
Tourist
6 1 4

Thank you Neha,  being I don't have the funds for outside help this is so appreciated. Will apply your suggestions and I will definitely look into Sparq and the other plug ins.

D

0 Likes
MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
397 33 125

@DWaterhawk,
Glad to help you. Wishing you all the best with your store :)

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

The pleasure is mine! Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.