New shop, Have I done SEO propoerly in my shop?

Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Here is the link. I am not sure what I must have done wrong, I have only a few visits.

https://shawlinshop.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2890 211 471

Hi @shawlin,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Really good question as SEO can be difficult to figure out even on the best of days. Something to remember with SEO is that it can time to build your SEO reputation, so if you have only had a few visits so far, that is completely normal. It's difficult to see what you have done for your SEO so far from the front end of your store alone. Let's look into some different tips and tricks for how to apply SEO to your store to put you in the best position possible going forward. 

The content team at Shopify wrote a great blog post based around what you can do to help your search engine ranking, which has a checklist of sorts that I feel is worth your time reading. Something else which I would recommend is the Shopify Academy course for SEO which you can find here. Shopify Academy is free and very intuitive to make sure you are set up and in a good place with something like SEO. I think it could also be good to take a look through the SEO overview from the Shopify help guide as it goes through where in your Shopify admin you can best utilize and apply and improve your SEO natively. 

The last thing I will leave you with is some SEO apps. There are a few different SEO apps in the Shopify App Store that can help take your SEO to the next level. You can find some of the apps I like for this below:

• SEO Manager - I personally use the SEO Manager app and feel it is simple to use and helps me understand my overall SEO better. I can also attest that the Venntov team has incredible support should you need it. 
  • SEO Doctor - I'm not as familiar with SEO Doctor but have heard some good things about it. 

I know that is a lot of information above, but hopefully, it helps and improves your SEO as well as increases your overall knowledge. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes