New store. Please give me feedback. My store is name Iceicestore

Highlighted
1 0 0

Please rate our online store, the pros and cons of the site?  https://iceicestore.com

Thanks !

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
805 28 222

Hi Bob,

You have consistent branding, which suits your products. I'd recommend working on the product descriptions - while they follow the minimalist branding, it would be great to add more details, especially that you are targeting upmarket audience - the minimal descriptions can make impression you are not making enough effort or care about your customers' experience, which can be off-putting, considering that you ask for $300+ for a lamp:

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 14.44.28.png

Get 2 Google page #1 in 30 days | Join my Facebook community to learn how it's done | Click here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/30days2page1/

1 Like
Shopify Partner
184 3 25

Hi BobSaylor,

Nice start to your site. Here is a bit of feedback

• make sure your menu options are clearly displayed to make navigation between products easier. The current menu button will not be intuitive for all users
  • add a banner that clearly displays sales or promotions
  • Your call to action button might be missed by some users: Discover might not be clear for all people to click
  • Missing a favicon: helps with branding -"Shopify "How To" 
  • Your about us page has a few errors related to spacing and grammar
  • Add a blog or similar social mediathis increases your ability to engage with customers as well as promote on certain platforms
  • Your home page appears disorganized for desktops but actually appears more organized when shown for mobile devices
  • Add additional payment options: just having PayPal will cause some customers to leave before making their purchase
  • Add customer reviews it really makes a difference with convincing new customers to buy from you
  • 3-5 pictures of each product is optimal variants might require additional photos but shouldn't be displayed too directly
  • Be aware Sliders and Carousels are conversion killers- your current version on your products page doesn't seem to work optimally for mobile devices
  • Many items have specs but not detailed descriptions: using journalism rules to help you describe items as well as effective wording, can really make the difference in how customers understand your products and their uses

I also suggest double checking that your website is optimized since we cannot always catch every detail at a glance. Using the free Store Checkup Tool by AdScale might be of help. It will give you a report on how ready your site is to advertise and deliver you actionable fixes for specific items if needed. 

Last bit before I leave you to your work! Before you begin advertising, you might consider making a post and/ or reading a bit in the Shopify Ecommerce Marketing forum.  It could make a significant difference in how successful your site is. Remember, a great site is useless with out traffic that converts!

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me. Annnnnnd, if I've been of help, please click "Like" below.

Best of luck with your site!

Smart advertising campaigns across Google and Facebook, using advanced AI technology. https://ecom.adscale.com/shopify
1 Like

Great looking site at first glance. Love the branding and design so far. I have worked on a few homeware brands... which is where my experience and feedback is coming from. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. It's hard to read 50% off in the main image. You might want to punch that up if your goal is to get people to read it

2. Your odd layout for the Collection List does not work as it makes me pause and have to figure out what the correct way to read it

3. Add more product over time to keep the site running healthy

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great. The written description is important to help sell the product. Don't just put a product on the homepage and call it done

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

2. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This is important for collections that only have one product.

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

4. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page. Writing out this information on each page creates duplicate thin content, which is not good for SEO

You have a great store so far and you just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Trailblazer
364 22 91

Hi BobSaylor,

Congratulation for your store it's great.

I have reviewed your website briefly and here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily.

1. Get yourself a logo designed, it will add value to your brand name.
  2. You can add social media links, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram on the site header or footer.
  3. Make sure your social media pages opened at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website while looking at your social presence.
  4. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  5. Try using different live chat method, not everyone use Facebook messenger.
  6. Add a sale page in menu also.
  7. I can see that you are using default search for Shopify which is pretty basic considering that it shows empty result page even for simple search queries, for eg.https://iceicestore.com/search?q=industriallamp. Improving your search experience has shown to improve conversion rates and reduce the bounce rate for your visitors. Try using different search solution such as Sparq which allows advanced filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.  

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
2 Likes