New store, Thank you for your time and help

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello! https://www.l4l.store

I recently started my store on Aug.29, 2019 as a creative outlet, and I would like some feedback on it. I've had about 300 unique sessions arrive at my store, but no sales yet. Is this not enough traffic to really matter? Is my lack of pictures making it difficult to approach the store? I'm still working on new clothing items to be released but would like some returns on the investment I've made to put my illustrations out there first.

Unfortunately, my Facebook and Google Merchant accounts have been disabled for some reasons that I can't figure out, so, I've had to rely on Ad campaigns via Snapchat. 

Thank you again for your time and help with this. Please, have a nice day.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 26 98

Hi @jtl29180 

Hey congratulations on opening such a great store, honestly I like it a lot, but I think there might be a couple things you could consider changing.

One thing I noticed is the fact that you don't have a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

I wasn't able to find reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

Also I noticed that you don't have a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

Furthermore, I noticed that you don't have a return policy. Oftentimes when a customer buys something from you it won't be completely right, it would help to have a return policy

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

P.S. I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course, after reviewing a bunch of stores I noticed that there are a few tips that might help, and I created an email list to help with it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you for your reply, I believe my Customer Support page answers all of those questions. It's at the bottom left of the store, was that too inconspicuous?

I'll think about the blog, but I think having reviews would be difficult since I haven't really sold anything, and I don't rightly know how to add that into the website, coding is not my strength, unfortunately.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@jtl29180 wrote:

Thank you for your reply, I believe my Customer Support page answers all of those questions. It's at the bottom left of the store, was that too inconspicuous?

I'll think about the blog, but I think having reviews would be difficult since I haven't really sold anything, and I don't rightly know how to add that into the website, coding is not my strength, unfortunately.

Hi @jtl29180 , 

I really like your site. Did you create the designs and illustrations on your products? For your blog, maybe you can talk about what inspired you to create/make each illustration (you'll have lots of blog about if you do that, imo). Your site gives me this sort of deep sadness/struggling/coping kind of vibe. Maybe you can use that to talk about your designs.  

As for reviews, you can find apps on Shopify that provides a review section for your website for free (no coding required). I can't understand code even if my life depends on it so I use the free plan from Judge.me app. Here: https://apps.shopify.com/judgeme?surface_detail=product+reviews&surface_inter_position=1&surface_int... . You don't need to have sold anything to add a reviews section. If you have a review section, people will be able to give reviews because you provided that section for them :) 

I'm a new store owner too, so sorry if my feedback isn't that great! 

With Care,

Luxurafy

Check out my store @ luxurafy.com
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you for your response. I'll take your advice, I'll try these things out even though I'm now thinking the traffic through my site isn't very legitimate.

0 Likes