New store - conversion issues - help needed please!

Tourist
3 0 1

Hello

Our store is  www.doggily.co.uk   We launched 15 days ago and have been advertising heavily on Facebook - highly targeted ads with a potential audience of c1.6m users.

These ads are working really well and we're getting quite high traffic to the site - 1500 visitors so far.  But we've had ONE order, just one!  I'm panicking!  No abandoned carts either.

Is there something about our shop that's putting people off, or am I being unrealistic?   Any constructive help, advice and sharing of experiences would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Susie

0 Likes

Hi Susie

I normally like to text websites using free organic marketing before I run paid ads. Reach out if you want some tips on how to do this. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

10,000 Reasons To Get A FREE Website Review HERE

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Hi Clayton.

Thanks for your message. I’m not entirely sure I understand what you’re suggesting....”text websites”? I’m probably being think but could you explain in more detail please?

Many thanks.
Susie
0 Likes

lol whoops maybe I should read my message before replying. 

I meant to say "test" 

I normally test the website with free marketing methods to see if people will buy from the site before running paid ads. Shoot me a email and I'll send you some information if you want. 

https://www.inspiresmallbusiness.com/pages/contact-clayton

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

10,000 Reasons To Get A FREE Website Review HERE

1 Like
Explorer
67 3 22

Hi @doggilyonline,

Love your store concept - seems super simple and designed to convert.  Two thoughts for you:

1.  Where are you dropping your traffic from your ads?  If its just your homepage, I'd try using a conversion funnel like Harry's has set up.  You can see their example here: https://www.harrys.com/en/us/signup/customize

2. Are you using Google Analytics to analyze the behavior of traffic on your site?  I'm betting a lot of your traffic is bouncing, so figuring out the right landing page strategy for your ads will be key.  

Happy to chat more! 

Best,

Entaice 

Want to make your store sell? Try Entaice: Explore
0 Likes

Hi Susie

We run Facebook & Instagram ads for a lot of clients. 1,500 clicks in traffic is not a lot to know what is and is not working. You need to look beyond just traffic numbers. Are people adding items to the shopping cart from your Facebook Ads? If they are not adding to cart then your ads are not working. It could be your creative or your targeting that is off and needs work. Your product images are amazing... keep making them to the same high standard

Homepage Feedback

1. One thing that stands out is it may be hard to know what you sell. Just the opening image on your homepage clues me into what you sell. Something to think about

2. Your main menu is split between your logo, I would look to keep all your main menu links together

3. I would tweak the copy on your collection pages. Having the size information on the jugs page does not make sense. Ready up on how to make your collection pages better

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 2 images. Consider showing off product in the home with lifestyle images

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Astronaut
780 48 175

Hey,
If you are getting views this surely means visitors are interested to buy from your store, however they might not have found your store appealing, though it's a gem of a store but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. For engaging new customers, add a section of best-selling products.
  2. For some sales in the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer. Also, it would be great if you can create a separate sale page for discounted products.
  3. Add some more images for better product description.
  4. Also, You have around 137 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for you visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also your search page is bit off and empty https://doggily.co.uk/search?type=product&q=  Don't you think if suggestions are offered to search bar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  5. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
452 19 52

Hey, I love the concept of you selling dog printed products. Your store is nicely done. Your navigation menu is not aligned. The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it- and here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.

Before spending your money on FB ads you need to make sure your store is ready to capture and engage them. If not then you may end up losing all your money. You need to add bells and whistles to your store. Embellish your store and push your new visitors to sales. One of the ways to achieve that is by giving loyalty points to your new visitors. Loyalty points will hold up your visitors, entice them to purchase and stop them to leave your store. Other tons of ideas will convert your visitors into loyal customers.

Before proceeding further I would like to gather more information on your engagement strategies. And how do you reconnect and retarget those visitors who leave your website without making a purchase?

According to me, every visitor is an opportunity and every visitor forgone is an opportunity lost. So let's discuss further how to capitalize on "the opportunity".

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes