New store feedback greatly appreciated

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi guys I've been live with my store for a few weeks now and I've had some traffic here and there and so far no conversions I'd like some feedback from you guys if I could. I'm experimenting with paid ads on instagram and I'm trying to get myself some followers but not sure where to go from here. I'd like to know what you think about the look and feel of the store, how you find the navigation, what you think to the products and pricing etc. Any feedback to be fair would be welcome. Thanks in advance. Store name is www.keileocosmetics.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

On the collections part. But your titles in the upper left corner of each photo they are hard to read over the product. And a softer font too. It’s very block and office type. But the site looks good. 

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 2

Hey! Nice job. Don't know much about skincare but a few points:

• What is Keileo Cosmetics? I think you need to hone in on your branding / what sets you apart from other brands. Make this apparent on your landing page 
  • The text in your hero image is hard to see - change to white
  • Change your landing page so it's easier to manage quickly (Do one picture for Makeup and one for Skincare and one for Collections? up top.)
  • Add some color to your "About Us" and add to your menu
  • Omit 'Search' in the navigation menu so 'Home' is first
  • I would omit the 'All Products' tab since the Makeup and Skincare ones are easier to search through
  • Have you sold any product? Ask for reviews, I think this would help with makeup
2 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Keileo 

I am Victor, Marketing Manager of PageFly - Page Builder and I would love to share my recommendations for your store and I hope this can help you with my conversion rate optimization and design experiment. Your store looks quite professional and beautiful, and I like your products.

1. Home page

1.1 Make the sticky header

It's really good of your home page is that you have a clear and prominent search bar. But a sticky menu header will be a perfect piece.

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. Especially, the menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

1.2 Make sure the text that overlays banner image is legible

KEILEO COSMETICS 2020-09-25 08-26-50.png

You have a banner with black as a background color, and you also have a quote/ introduction is also black, this really makes customers confused for the first time when they visit your store because it's not legible. 

So I recommend you change the color of the "Nature Organic Vegan" and "home of the good stuff" into another light color.

Also, I highly recommend that you should increase the call to action button's size as well to strongly encourage customers to take action.

1.3 Introduce who you are, what Keileo cosmetics is

This is very important to let customers trust you more with a short introduction of text and images. Investing in high-quality images and clear text to introduce Keileo with organic sources, etc will give customers a good impression.

I have to scroll back to the header and then scroll down to the footer then I can see the About us page, and this is absolutely not a good experience for customers. 

I have a PageFly example for you

The layout is: 2 sections > the 1st one: paragraph on the left column and image on the right column > the 2nd one: paragraph on the right and image on the left. 

Or you can even use one of 2 sections. And it's really responsive on the mobile too.

Centic R2 – PageFly 2020-09-25 08-37-39.png

1.4 Invest in text display

It's legible but it's not attractive and nice as all.

KEILEO COSMETICS 2020-09-25 08-40-49.png

You can see an example below

Ensure Text That Overlays Images Is Legible - Site-Wide Layout - Homepage & Category - Guidelines - Baymard Premium 2020-09-25 08-45-03.png

1.5 Add customer's review

People love proof, especially in the cosmetics field, when they visit a store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop! So you should add testimonial/product reviews on your store. They can be placed for each product or even a review collection on your home page. Check this guide to know more its benefit and how to make it effective. 

1.6 Move the Currency Converter to the header

KEILEO COSMETICS 2020-09-25 08-47-58.png

You can think that if customers who are using CAD$, etc visit the first time to your store and they want to know how much do the product cost in CAD$ but they have to delay the visit to calculate, and then scroll down they can see, it's not good for buying experience. So I recommend you should put it to the header. 

I have a guide on personalizing the Shopify home page, check it if you are interested in it because it provides many tips. I also include the Shopify collection page tips on it. 

2. Collection page

I take this collection page for example https://keileocosmetics.com/collections/all

2.1 Add secondary hover image on each product image

I recommend you should add a secondary hover image. By adding secondary hover images on each product image, customers can see a different image of each product and this provides more information as a visual aspect for customers and this also helps them to compare different products in a collection. 

2.2 Use the Load more button instead of Pagination

Products – KEILEO COSMETICS 2020-09-25 08-53-33.png

Instead of switching to many pages, go and back, you can replace the pagination by a Load more button. Therefore, customers do not have to change too many pages to see all products, they can press the Load more button to see all products on 1 page. This helps customers easily compare many products and see the wide range of your collection.

A page builder would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
- [Master Guides]: Get Your Shopify Store Ready for Black Friday
1 Like
Highlighted

Hey, we've reviewed your store:

One of the things we recommended in the video was removing the "Powered by Shopify" text at the bottom, here is how to do that:

We hope you found our feedback helpful!

Ecom Geeks | Design. Marketing. Traffic. Conversions.

Have a store to review? Get in touch!
YouTube - Ecom Geeks
ecomgeeksco@gmail.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
573 12 158

Hi @Keileo !

1. Your homepage is lack of clear CTAs. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.

2. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.

3. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.

4. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

5. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. 

6. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)

7. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
316 35 105

Hi @Keileo

Have seen your store and have some suggestions for you: 

- You can see this banner, the text is too hard to see. And it would be great if you can have more content which has more meaning. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1601005576447.png

- On the homepage, you're showing quite many products. If you still want to show that much, try to create a slider. 

And add Quickview buttons to your products to allow your customers to see more product details. 

- On your product pages, you're letting your customers have to scroll too much to see all details. If you can change that, it's perfect. And you can try to add sticky add to cart buttons on your product pages. 

- I see your gallery. Instead of this simple one, you can try to create a shoppable Instagram gallery because I see you have an Instagram account, right? Moreover, it will also increase your followers. 

ConveyLego0612_1-1601006396419.png

Check it out if you want to create one: Shoppable Instagram Gallery

- About the pricing, I cannot comment because I don't know much about the products. 

- And about ads, don't spend too much on Ads. If you use ads, just find a way to optimize it. Also, you can try to advertise your store on some social groups. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks so much for taking the time, your input is really appreciated

0 Likes