New store traffic but no sales

Tanaya
2 0 0
Hi!
I've recently just started a new store. I've paid for some ads and I have been branding my new business through Facebook and Instagram, traffic doesn't seem to be the problem but I have had no sales and have quite a few abanded carts. What am I doing wrong? Any feedback would be great. My store is www.totslittlecloset.com
0 Likes
ZacWyatt
Shopify Partner
40 2 10

I think the layout is cool! Bright and clear! This is pretty good for a first store. Your products are amazing, you can do more to make them more attractive in order to gain sales.

In my opinion, you should use some more additional tools to help boost your sales. Don't waste too much money in ads, you can end up wasting money with no sales. Customers need trust to pay for products, they tend to check for reviews before purchasing. Therefore, if you want to increase sales, you can try to import some more reviews to build trust for your products, so that they can attract more customers. You can use some review apps, like Ali Reviews  This app collects multiple reviews from real customers, and you can filter good ones to highlight your items. The more positive reviews you have, the higher chance you get to get more orders and increase your sales. If you are about to start, should consider apps like this, they can help you to increase profit at first start. Wish you success!

FireApps - Premium e-commerce solutions come together for your growth
0 Likes
appfreaker_com
Shopify Partner
1917 37 234

Hello,

I just had look into your website, I observed few points on your website, I hope those are helpful for you website.
-> There is lot of extra space in the header part and half of the page is header section. You can remove those extra spaces so that user may not scroll down the page to view your banner images and simultaneously CTA also get highlights.
-> I observed one of the item there is no gallery images. You can add gallery images more than one.
-> You can add trust badges on your cart page. It checks to visitors that a site is genuine. Information is gathered by the outsider trust seal organization that affirms that the business is valid.
-> And you can Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
-> Have you created your website social media pages? I am unable to find your website social media pages. You create and add it into your website. And increase your followers through social media pages.
otherwise great work you have done on your website.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Tots Little Closet,

"Uneasy site navigation and wrong-site layout" is the main cause of loss of sales. The ultimate solution is "Site Optimization".Take care of a few points mentioned below for the same:

• The site header is occupying nearly one-third of the homepage, which looks quite awkward.
  • To avoid this, minimize the logo size and shift it to the extreme header left while, the (Search bar and Cart and Login) to the extreme header-right respectively.
  • Terms of service and privacy policy are missing from the site footer.
  •  You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

I hope the store performance improves.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes

@Tanaya ,

I would suggest to check your check out process. Is there any hurdles? I would recommend  to make the checkout process as simple as possible for your shoppers.

Also work on to build customer trust, add some trust signals. Trust Signals build customers trust and help users to feel more secure in their buying decision. 

Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

Create a sense of urgency: Creating a sense of urgency helps increase sales when used in moderation. Take a look at your sales funnel and see where you lose the most leads. Making people feel as if they’re about to lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.

Call of Action Placement: You need a strong call to action to gain people’s attention and to convince them to act. Try to use good CTA to increase conversion and sales.

Mobile Score: Your google page speed score is only 24.  Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well. 

I hope you like my feedback.

Thank you!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Sajay
Shopify Partner
140 16 47

Hey Tanaya,

I can understand, it must be frustrating. 

It's pretty clear where your problem lies. You website conversions.

I had a look at your website. There are a few gaps in your website experience. It is the only experience users have with your company, and you have to make it professional enough to earn their trust. Here are my observations:

1. The first fold, as soon as I land, doesn’t tell me anything about what you sell. Even after looking through all the images, I could only find about what you actually sell by scrolling down. Consider updating the copy + images in the first fold. Be clear about who you are and what you’re selling, and why someone should buy from you.
  2. Favicon - it is the small logo that shows up in your browser tab beside the name of your store. It’s not very clear on your website. Also, I’d suggest ad the meta title and description for your home page and all others. (This is for SEO)
  3. Your catalog is HUGE! You need to guide users to the right products. Here’s what I mean: When visitors come browsing in your store, they usually look for clues for which product they should buy. Think about when you shop online on amazon. How do you select a specific product?
    You look at reviews, what other people are saying. So adding reviews to products would be a good option. 
  4. The 2nd way is you look for the “bestseller” or “lightning deal” labels on the products. You can use these kinds of product labels on your products to guide users towards specific products. They make specific products stand out and help in decision making. Apps like Modemagic can help apply labels to your product images for free. Not only just for “bestseller”, but you can also apply labels like “selling out” or “sale” to increase the #Fomo in users. The feeling that they’re missing out is a strong drive for people to buy.
  5. Add some information about shipping. Shipping pages are some of the most read pages on a website. How much time, shipping charges, etc. all of these details should be provided to the users.
  6. Lastly, testimonials are another way of proving the authenticity and quality of your products. Get some testimonials from your current customers and add them!

I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!

Cheers.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes

It could be a varied number of reasons, one of them probably is because you are not receiving a traffic of visitors with intent to shop - or they are not able to choose from your products.

You can install a Social recommendations app; I recommend Rendezvous Recommendations

As a merchant, you’ll be able to convert more of your store visitors into paid customers by offering them relevant recommendations using our AI recommendations engine. 

Our AI shopping assistant helps store visitors to discover, share, and get relevant options on items to buy in your store. You get instant revenue boost, recurring sales and store growth when you offer trusted social recommendations to customers.

You can customize your Rendezvous widget to match the theme, color, and style of your store - and it won’t reduce your page load speed. 

You can also connect your store to Messenger to target your customers and sell more. 

Do install the Rendezvous Social Recommendations App and let me know your thoughts on it.

Merchant Dashboard - AnalyticsMerchant Dashboard - Analytics

Rendezvous is AI-powered social recommendations engine - enabling customers to discover products on merchant stores and leading to higher conversion rates.
Over 500,000+ shoppers are already using Rendezvous Recommendations to find products from big brands like - Amazon, Macy’s, Walmart & BestBuy.