New store traffic issues 😡 help !! Struggling to convert

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2
I sell quality watches .from multiple suppliers there all genuine and have tags paperwork and boxes

But carnt seem to understand why I have a high abandoned cart rate

I'm giving best possible price free shipping

https://timekeepers2019.myshopify.com/

Can somebody please have a look at my website and give me some feedback as to what could be the problem 👍 any feedback welcomed

All issues will be resolved with your feedback

Many thanks

Lee
2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 35 122

Hey there, 

Beautiful store, love the concept and designing of your store! Kudos

You are definitely headed in the right direction design wise, a few tweaks and turns can help you reach your desired destination in no time.

I have a few recommendations for you, I hope my insights will be of help to you. 

As per my opinion, you need to create a some urgency and social proof on your store. And I sincerely think you need to add a top announcement on your store which shows urgency and you can display your announcements like "free shipping",etc. on them. I highly recommend Superbar

Social proof will help your visitors see who all has bought your products and that increases the trust of the viewer on your product. You can use the same app (Superbar) it provides you tools like a countdown timer, geolocation, etc. I’ll be adding links of a few apps that you could use for social proof as well below. 

For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute. 

If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.

One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously. 

Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited. I'm providing you some other app links that might be useful. 

Links - Urgency Pack Ultimate

Ultimate Sales Boost 

I sincerely hope my insights will be of help to you. Do let me know if you have any more questions.

Press " Like " or accept my solution to let me know if it was of help to you. 

Cheers!

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2
Thanks for your feedback much apprecited

Superbar is no longer on app store or has been removed have taken your other ideas and apps in mind and will look to input some urgency into my products

I have another isssue and that's shipping like everybody seems to have ..

However it's the shipping that's a major headache how do I get around that without misleading or cutting myself to shorter window for delivery

My direct contact is mainly in China have direct so not dropshipping however I'm in the UK so automatically have to wait 10 - 20 days for it to arrive and then check and send

Would ship direct to customer but I like to provide a personal service check everything is complete especially with certain models and all tags and papers are correct if you understand many thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi, 

I have just visited your online store! Overall, I think it is well-organized and pretty! You should be proud of it :)

Actually, there are different reasons for low conversion rate! Here are some suggestion for you to improve it! 

1. Homepage

- In stead of showing so many products in your homepage, you should add some sections to show what are the unique selling points of your products? Why people should buy your watches? You need to have more engagements with your website visitors before converting them into your customers. 

- Add the testimonial sections to build the trust of customers. Actually, when people see that others love your products, they are more willing to make their purchases. The great reviews play important roles in the buying decisions of your customers.

2. Add more delivery option

Do you know that high shipping cost is the main reason why customers abandon their carts? Another factor related to the low conversion rate is long shipping time. A few days of waiting can be a deal breaker for shoppers. These are just 2 signs that your online store needs store pickup, which removes the delivery process, and allows customers personally visit the store to pick up their orders. You can read the checklist to know more about it and identify whether your online store needs store pickup or not. 

3. Reduce the height of page footer and header

As I see, your page header and footer are too large, so it may reduce the space for page content. It means that you can only show limited content in your page. In addition, it may make your website less professional. se 4.png

I hope that these above feedback are helpful for you! <3

Have a nice day!

Want to know more about store pickup or not sure if store pickup is necessary for your Shopify store? Just simply get the checklist and find your own answer!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey Time Keepers 2019,

"Almost two-thirds of shoppers leave items in their cart without making a purchase leading to a huge loss of potential sales". The main reason behind this is uneasy site navigation and wrong-site layout. The ultimate solution is "Site Optimization".Take care of a few points mentioned below for the same:

• Footer needs revamping. The "newsletter" should be placed parallel to the footer links instead of being placed below them.
  • Social media is a very effective tool for increasing brand awareness and popularity. Hence, add social links like Facebook, Instagram, etc to the site footer for sure.
  • Add images to the "about us" section to make it more expressive.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

I hope your issue gets resolved.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
142 16 48

Hey @Timekeepers2019 family

Welcome to the Shopify family! I hope you’re thriving.

I agree with some of the advice that has been given in the comments above. You need to improve the experience of your website to improve your conversions.

Have to tried something like Hotjar to track your user behavior? There might be a specific reason/point where users might be dropping off. You should do some observations and find out. 

Other than that, my observations on your website:

1. Home page logo and hero image: As soon a user lands on any shop website - they automatically start processing it for trustworthiness and whether it look professional enough. Your logo in the top left corner has some social icons in it? Why is that? It just looks out of place.
  2. The images of the watches initially offer no details (the slider). I would suggest adding some details on the same - may be showing the details on user hover. 
  3. Your fonts are all over the place. The main menu options have some different font as compared to some other parts of the website - I would suggest keeping it uniform. 
  4. On the same note, in the product listing, when I click on any specific watch - the font there in its details is quite hard to read. Maybe update the font or it’s size. Further, I think you should add some more details for each watch - it is a big purchase size, and the user should be convinced to spend that amount. 
  5. For bringing urgency to your products, I would suggest Modemagic. The app offers the biggest selection of stickers, and they are customizable - so it will fit well with your watches. 
  6. You need to guide users to the right products. Here’s what I mean: When visitors come browsing in your store, they usually look for clues for which product they should buy. Think about when you shop online on amazon. How do you select a specific product?
  7. You look at reviews, what other people are saying. So adding reviews to products would be a good option. 
  8. Testimonials are another way of proving the authenticity and quality of your products. Get some testimonials and add them.

I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!

Cheers.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
804 67 187

I didn't see it mentioned yet so I'll add 3 key branding points:

1) Use a proper domain instead of "timekeepers2019.myshopify.com". It appears as a placeholder and not a thriving business.

2) Invest in a professional graphic logo that gives the emotion you want your audience to feel, represents your brand, and is easily recognizable (people often need to interact with your brand multiple times).
- You can work with a designer to articulate your vision... My opinion isn't that important because I'm not your audience, but from an objective position I recommend a graphic instead of a T for your logo, and have something that incorporates a watch in it. Design is preference based, just sharing my opinion on this one, it doesn't feel like a high quality brand's logo to me.

3) Create a compelling About page, include pictures, and show personality on why you exist. I don't think competing on price is a good idea. If your products are cheaper than expected, it lessens the quality appeal.

On a design note, I would change:

- Your site background color to white so it's consistent with most ecommerce sites. Being different is great, but as a new brand you might want to start with the fundamentals before changing. You can A/B test to be sure, or if your conversion rate is 2% or higher then you're ok.
- Use a sans-serif font for at least the majority of your text. Sans-serif is designed for easier online reading. Serif fonts can fatigue your user's eyes, leading to a subconscious desire to not stay on site as long.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2
I would like to thank the people who have gave me feedback regarding my store on how to develop and make it more appealing and iron out some cracks . I have taken alot ideas onboard and have been tweaking little things over the last couple of days will have a look at the apps mentioned thanks guys 👌👍
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Mrci

@Timekeepers2019 wrote:
I sell quality watches .from multiple suppliers there all genuine and have tags paperwork and boxes

But carnt seem to understand why I have a high abandoned cart rate

I'm giving best possible price free shipping

https://timekeepers2019.myshopify.com/

Can somebody please have a look at my website and give me some feedback as to what could be the problem 👍 any feedback welcomed

All issues will be resolved with your feedback

Many thanks

Lee

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

The pleasure is mine! Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes