New store with some traffic, but no sales

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi everyone! 

2 weeks ago i launched my iKandys website with Shopify ( ikandys.com ). 

I know its really early on but i am just wondering, if i am overlooking something or if there is anything that puts people off from buying. 

We mainly make cute and quirky shirts and mostly get views from women between 18-35.

I've added delivery, return and private policy. A (still relatively short) About us section and other little things like size charts and personal descriptions. 

I've also been advised to not use a slideshow at the top of the page, but rather just a static image. 

Could some of you have a browse through and let me know what you think, or what i could improve?

I get some product views but never anything added to the cart or reaching check out stage.

(Test mode in payments is not active so the checkout should be fine)

Please also let me know if 28 $ is too steep of a price in your opinion. Ive tried to get people excited by offering free shipping for new customers but no takers so far. 

Thanks in advance for your help and insight! 

Freddie

www.ikandys.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1062 50 316

Hi Freddie! Maggie, a Shopify Partner here :)

A really sweet website with sweet designs, and I love your business name :) Who advised you that sliding images are bad? They are a staple part of each Shopify theme for a reason - if you use them well they can improve your dwelling time and click through rate, both important for SEO.

The size table on the product page is not responsive to the screen size, which might affect your mobile usability:

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 14.21.34.png

At the moment a user has to scroll right and left to view the full table. Make sure to check the table code and use CSS and not HTML to build it, so it fits within the screen, and looks well both on desktop and mobile screens.

Meta titles - make sure that your product and pages meta titles are more SEO friendly - these are the values as seen by Google and they are also visible in your browser window:

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 14.23.24.png

It's best to make them more detailed, like "Short Sleeve Be Mine T-shirt with Bleeding Heart Print", that gives Google more info as to which search results to place your listing. "Be Mine" doesn't display all this key information and can affect where you rank in Google.

For some reason your featured hero image and product images take a long time to load completely, making them look blurry for the first few seconds:

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 14.28.14.png

Are you using an external app for your images? If not, check the product image settings within your template, as there might be something that affects the images loading instantly within pages.

Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know :)

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Maggie!

Thank you so much for the quick feedback and your kind words! 

I will check the size chart, it was just copied from an excel sheet so i think i have to make it scalable. For some reason the default size chart always gets smushed together so its hard to read on desktop or mobile.

The Meta Titles tip is awesome! I know in Shopify there is a section to add SEO words. I haven't really got into SEO and google Adwords because google is rejecting my google shopping field entries (status pending).

The product images...... yes i thought it might be a factor. Especially on mobile... I will try edit the printful settings as there is an option to use PNGs or JPGs. In hindsight i should've went with JPG but i thought high quality images are better. 

:) I read it online that slideshows are distracting to consumers, because the images switch too often. I will also check the product image settings in Shopify. 

I might have to give them another try :)

Any feedback regarding the price ? 

Have a nice day. 

Freddie

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1062 50 316

Thank you Freddie :)

I'm glad I could help! When it comes to the sliding images, it all depends on the content and the speed [transition time]. The recommended transition is 7 seconds, as it gives enough time for the visitors to digest information in each slide. As long as you don't include lengthy text within the images, that's more than enough time for people to see what's on each slide before it changes.

I think your prices are great and you are consistent with your pricing, which is important.

Have a nice week as well :)

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Your feedback means alot! 

I will revisit the idea of the slider again, with some eye catching images.

I have adjusted the images to jpg now and also compressed the images i used in the theme.. never considered that factor even though most of the traffic is through mobile and loading times can be annoying, so .. many thanks for that. 

Also appreciate your info regarding prices too ;)

If anything else crosses your mind or anyone else, please let me know.

Have a good one 

1 Like